CHP dumps guy who attempted gun grab [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CHP dumps guy who attempted gun grab

CGMK
10-26-2012, 18:35
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20121026/articles/121029627

I'm glad this chippie took care of business. She even had a person stop and assist her during the struggle, which gave her the opportunity to clear leather.

blueiron
10-26-2012, 18:57
I am glad one more violent felon is dead.

It helps give employment at funeral homes.

Newcop761
10-26-2012, 19:50
Strong work!

lawman800
10-26-2012, 22:23
Good job on both the passerby and the officer for relieving the earth of another oxygen thief.

merlynusn
10-27-2012, 07:29
I like their policy of not releasing the officer's name. Heck, our name would be released before we're even home from giving our statement to the detectives.

And good on her for doing what needed to be done. And good on the Good Samaritan for helping.

scottydl
10-27-2012, 07:55
Passersby are up 2-0 this week! Glad there is still some civilian help out there for officers in need. Good outcome!

Patchman
10-27-2012, 08:26
Prosecutors said Ossenberg had been on a crime spree before the encounter Wednesday with the CHP officer near Lower Lake.

Ossenberg had stolen a 2010 Toyota Camry from a car lot in Fullerton, fled from state park police in San Luis Obispo County and taken a backpack from a woman on the Golden Gate Bridge before heading to Lake County, where he had vacationed in the past.

Ossenberg had a criminal history that included arrests for violence against peace officers, domestic violence and drug offenses. He also was a registered sex offender and had felony warrants issued for his arrest. Ossenberg was sitting in the stolen car along the side of Highway 29 when a CHP officer stopped to check on the situation. She [the CHP officer] asked him to get out of the car to evaluate whether he was intoxicated. While the officer was running a computer check on Ossenberg, he attacked, choking her and throwing her to the ground.

Ossenberg then jumped on the officer and attempted to remove her gun from its holster. As they struggled, a passerby stopped and ran toward them, distracting Ossenberg and allowing the officer to gain control of the gun.

The officer fired one shot, hitting Ossenberg in the torso.

Great job by the passerby. Goes to show that you can do something and make a difference even if unarmed.

lawman800
10-27-2012, 09:53
I like their policy of not releasing the officer's name. Heck, our name would be released before we're even home from giving our statement to the detectives.

And good on her for doing what needed to be done. And good on the Good Samaritan for helping.

I worked at a place that released our names and pictures even before any incidents... because of the stupid websites and burn wall that was up showing everyone who we are... I hated that.

janice6
10-27-2012, 10:19
Good for her. She turned a situation around (granted with invaluable help) and dispatched a threat to her life and ours.

Fine cop, good citizen.

jpa
10-27-2012, 12:30
before heading to Lake County, where he had vacationed in the past, said District Attorney Don Anderson.

I didn't know homeless people went on vacation.

cowboy1964
10-27-2012, 12:32
So the passerby saved her life. She is l u c k y.

Merkavaboy
10-28-2012, 18:45
Here's an attempt CHP disarming caught on camera some years ago. Things can go bad very fast.

http://tacticaldesi239.corecommerce.com/photos-14.html

CW Mock
10-28-2012, 22:11
Here's an attempt CHP disarming caught on camera some years ago. Things can go bad very fast.

I remember when those came out, and I'm still surprised back up fought with the attacker instead making a contact shot. Pretty scary stuff.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

MeefZah
10-30-2012, 12:47
I didn't know homeless people went on vacation.

I thought being homeless was a perpetual vacation.

Mayhem like Me
10-30-2012, 13:42

Two words for the backups on this...press contact boom... Ok three words,