Petraeus Throws Obama Under the Bus [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Petraeus Throws Obama Under the Bus

DOC44
10-26-2012, 21:59
Petraeus Throws Obama Under the Bus

Breaking news on Benghazi: the CIA spokesman, presumably at the direction of CIA director David Petraeus, has put out this statement: "No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/petraeus-throws-obama-under-bus_657896.html

Doc44

countrygun
10-26-2012, 22:07
Another couple of days and Obama's dog walker will get the blame.

DOC44
10-26-2012, 22:09
Another couple of days and Obama's dog walker will get the blame.

or his dog.

Doc44

jdavionic
10-26-2012, 22:12
or his dog.

Doc44

Nope...it will be 'I want to know the details too. That will take time...certainly beyond election day'.

stevelyn
10-27-2012, 00:23
You have to wonder why someone like Petraeus even agreed to continue working under the pig.

ModGlock17
10-27-2012, 04:54
You have to wonder why someone like Petraeus even agreed to continue working under the pig.

Petraeus didn't get the memo. His role was to fall on the sword for the emperor, as was Hillary and Paneta.

swinokur
10-27-2012, 06:35
He only has to serve this schmuck for another 10 days.

beforeobamabans
10-27-2012, 06:39
Obama was in the WH Situation Room during the attack. What do you think he was doing?

swinokur
10-27-2012, 06:42
Uhh.."I killed Osama"

JBnTX
10-27-2012, 06:46
Obama was in the WH Situation Room during the attack. What do you think he was doing?

Obama was consulting with his political advisors at the time of the attack and they determined that a coverup was most beneficial to his chances of getting re-relected.

Then Obama issued the order to do what all politicians do in a time of crisis. They lie.

swinokur
10-27-2012, 06:49
And then he flew to Vegas cuz that's what matters.

Sam Spade
10-27-2012, 09:42
And then he flew to Vegas cuz that's what matters.

Only after a good night's sleep.

However, as to the CIA denial: given the choice between believing the guys on the ground and the guys in DC, I'm going with reports from the ground. If the DCI resigns in protest---something that political generals never seem to do---I'll change my mind.

Gotta say: Gen P is disappointing me here.

Providence
10-27-2012, 09:50
Only after a good night's sleep.

However, as to the CIA denial: given the choice between believing the guys on the ground and the guys in DC, I'm going with reports from the ground. If the DCI resigns in protest---something that political generals never seem to do---I'll change my mind.

Gotta say: Gen P is disappointing me here.Been a disappointment to me as well, but I should have payed attention to the cue when he accepted an appointment from O.

JFrame
10-27-2012, 09:56
Hmmm -- looks like there goes another "out" for the leftists, out the window...

Bruce H
10-27-2012, 10:14
Petraeus betray us, say it isn't so.

G29Reload
10-27-2012, 10:35
The president knew within the hour exactly what happened and failed to act.

The motivation was to cover it up and blame some internet meme. Let it burn itself out.

That way he could still act as though he vanquished all of terrorism by killing bin Laden.

The violence in Libya was created by a random internet pot-stirrer and was provoked.

Nothing was to disturb the idea that:

1. He helped evil dictator Khadafi get killed.
2. Peace followed as sure as an unearned Nobel Peace Prize
3. The violence had nothing to do with the Master Plan failing but the was a one-off from the internet agitator.
4. In the aftermath pretend to be amazed and order an investigation and state that it "will never happen again!".
5. Underlings throw themselves on their own sword to keep their jobs and the myth of the leader's superiority.
6. Get re-elected. Shhhhhhhhh…..

It was Obama's fault and his alone. Clinton should join him on the gallows, but Obama first to the rope.

Criminal conspiracy to blame the internet nonsense for two full weeks when it had absolutely nothing to do with it, EVER and they were aware from the beginning.

Failure to faithfully execute his oath of office, and the Ambassador died as did Brian Terry at the border under an administration that does not have the back of those who serve.

And if you do, you're all on your own. Die in an unapproved politically inconvenient operation and we'll deny all. Even if you end up in an unmarked grave and never heard from again. Even if we have to make up a bald faced lie to cover our backs.

That's the Chicago thug and the Chicago way. That's all there is to this.

Cavalry Doc
10-28-2012, 07:41
How is Petraeus stating clearly that no one in the CIA denied help to the guys on the ground a good thing for Barry?

Anyone not see the logical next question?

OK General, if you didn't deny the help, who did?

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/205/2012/10/24/121065_600.jpg

Providence
10-28-2012, 08:30
Seems to me that everyone is carefully putting their denials in place. As long as the media resents it as proof that nothing is wrong here, it all works. "Nothing to see here. Just move along. Wait! Look at that super storm!" But what happens if the story starts to crack? What happens if one. Mainstream media outlet starts asking serious questions.

I like your question, "Who gave the order?"

My guess is that Jarrett gave the order... to O., and he gave the order to the military.

JFrame
10-28-2012, 09:02
How is Petraeus stating clearly that no one in the CIA denied help to the guys on the ground a good thing for Barry?

Anyone not see the logical next question?

OK General, if you didn't deny the help, who did?

+1

Is anyone actually postulating that this is a good thing for Barry? :dunno:

Clutch Cargo
10-28-2012, 09:32
or his dog.

Doc44

The higher I.Q. of the family?

aircarver
10-28-2012, 09:38

Sure.

It'll help move him along to his new Hawaii mansion ....:supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
10-28-2012, 10:10
+1

I may be mistakenly reading between the lines. The betrayus and disappointment in him posts seem to be against him.

JFrame
10-28-2012, 10:27
I may be mistakenly reading between the lines. The betrayus and disappointment in him posts seem to be against him.

I was wondering about that myself...I ultimately took it as an ironic statement indicating that Petraeus is now "betraying" Obama, and turning the words of leftists against them vis-a-vis the Iraq War.

But then, I may be reading between the lines more than you are -- I guess it's better for the respective parties to clarify their own statements... :)

Sam Spade
10-28-2012, 10:28

My disappointment is in his continued service as DCI.

Back in the day, I was taught that officers had an obligation to fully support the chain of command once a decision was made. An inability to support the decision (we were using MacArthur as an example) meant that there was exactly one course of action compatible with Duty, Honor, Country. That option is to resign one's commission. Choosing to remain *required* support to the decision. Remaining was prima facie evidence of your acceptance and support.

There is no question in my formerly RA mind that this is one of those once-in-a-generation situations that calls for a resignation rather than continued support to the Administration involved. (The others I can think of are MacArthur and Johnson/MacNamara's political antics in managing Viet Nam.)

That a four-star can't see the issues of honor involved is, to me, quite disappointing. Obama, being the base whelp that he is brings no expectation of honor and no disappointment to me, only sadness.

JFrame
10-28-2012, 10:33
My disappointment is in his continued service as DCI.

Okay -- now this explanation I can totally understand.

And it does not confer any implication of support for Obama, which was the point of confusion (at least on my part...).

wlkjr
10-28-2012, 12:17
If the good guys abandon ship the bad guys have total control. Sometimes it takes bigger cahones to stay and try to make a difference. We always need someone on the inside.