Lone Wolf Barrel Gone Squirrely [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Barrel Gone Squirrely

jim7777b
10-27-2012, 07:08
Been shooting for over 50 years---eyes and some other things "ain't what they used to be", but I can still out-shoot most. Worked at a range for over 3 years and learned a few tricks from some really good shooters---anyway I have had 2 Lone Wolf barrels for several years. One for my 22's conversion to 9mm which is wonderful. The other one is a little different---23 barrel for my 27. I have several hundred rounds thru it with no noticeable issues until a week ago. Was getting off center firing pin strikes with it. Noticed when it is "in battery" the rear of the barrel doesn't come level with the slide. Put the stock barrel in and it fired fine---the other one would not fire at all. When I let the slide slam home with fresh Mag. it seems closer to battery but still won't fire the round. When I push down on the back of the barrel it stays down. Not true with the other 3 pistols. I know the baby glocks have a larger visible gap and maybe some more "play" between slide and frame than other models. It has never been a problem before. Any ideas ..............

faawrenchbndr
10-27-2012, 07:16
Return the barrel & get a KKM barrel

Bruce M
10-27-2012, 07:49
I would probably try contacting Lone Wolf and see what they say to do.

Dave.1
10-27-2012, 07:58
Since you have had the barrels for several years and the regular barrel works, I would have to look at the barrel lugs on the Lone Wolf to see if something had happened that changed the lock up.

I'd look at the receiver/frame around the locking block and slide lock but I'd think that would affect the other barrels too.

Can you put post a pic of the stock barrel next to the Lone Wolf? If not, just compare them and see if there is a difference.

Dave

Pierre!
10-27-2012, 10:42
I get paid to ask obvious questions... so I do it alot :rofl:

Barrel is clean and clear?
Chamber is also clear and shows no goop or grunge where the case headspaces?

Patrick

MikeG36
10-27-2012, 11:26
I would probably try contacting Lone Wolf and see what they say to do.

Since you have had the barrels for several years and the regular barrel works, I would have to look at the barrel lugs on the Lone Wolf to see if something had happened that changed the lock up.
I'd look at the receiver/frame around the locking block and slide lock but I'd think that would affect the other barrels too.
Can you put post a pic of the stock barrel next to the Lone Wolf? If not, just compare them and see if there is a difference.
Dave

I get paid to ask obvious questions... so I do it alot :rofl:
Barrel is clean and clear?
Chamber is also clear and shows no goop or grunge where the case headspaces?
Patrick

^^ Good advice. ^^

jim7777b
10-28-2012, 02:59
I clean my guns every time I shoot...Would that LW would take back a 5 year old barrel...

faawrenchbndr
10-28-2012, 05:13
How many rounds fired on your recoil guide rod & spring assy?

jim7777b
10-28-2012, 05:19
Brand new recoil setup--Tungsten from GlockStore.com---that is the only recent change---I will switch back on next range visit for comparison.............If that fixes it, I am going to be upset---I forgot the first rule I had in all my years of troubleshooting electronic equipment problems--if something changes, what did you do last??

jim7777b
10-29-2012, 14:31
Whew----it was the new "Super Duper Fancy Tungsten"
guide rod/recoil springs. Still trying to reach Glockstore to send me an RMA # to send this piece of junk back. Like some folks, look pretty but don't perform.....thanks faawrenchbndr.........:faint: