Something no one has addressed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Something no one has addressed

nursetim
10-27-2012, 15:04
What happen if Romney win, well when he wins, and it turns out he is an abject failure? Will obummer run again under the "miss me now?" Campaign? Or is the question like dividing by zero?

countrygun
10-27-2012, 15:21
Hillary would run. I think it's her only hope. If (heaven forbid) Obama wins 2016 would certainly go to one of the younger Republicans in the bullpen.

Kirishiac
10-27-2012, 15:47
Honestly, I think it's the Democrats only hope. If Obama is re-elected things will get worse and they're screwed as a party. If Romney is elected and does well it could be 2020 before they have a shot. He does bad/ok 2016 is President Clinton's year.

JBnTX
10-27-2012, 15:51
The only way Romney will accomplish any meaningful reform is if he's lucky enough to have a republican controlled house and senate, and they force him to do what's right.

Don't hold your breath, cause that ain't going to happen.

Romney will be a better president than Obama, but that's just about the extent of his usefulness.

Obama will NOT run again if he loses. He could never survive the primaries against younger more aggressive democrat opponents.

Hillary Clinton will NEVER run for president.
She'll retire after her State Dept. job is finished.

countrygun
10-27-2012, 16:09

I have to disagree, the Clintons are the "Rolling Stones" of American Politics I am afraid.

rohanreginald
10-27-2012, 16:18
The only way Romney will accomplish any meaningful reform is if he's lucky enough to have a republican controlled house and senate, and they force him to do what's right.

Don't hold your breath, cause that ain't going to happen.

Romney will be a better president than Obama, but that's just about the extent of his usefulness.

Obama will NOT run again if he loses. He could never survive the primaries against younger more aggressive democrat opponents.

I disagree with this. I thin Romney will be able to bring dems and reps together. I think state sponsored health care is here to stay, it will just be reformed.

Obamas biggest failure is that he can not cross party lines to bring projects together by both parties.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gundude
10-27-2012, 16:31
Obamas biggest failure is that he can not cross party lines to bring projects together by both parties. That's his biggest success. God help us if these two parties team up. :shocked:

The last time a big project was brought together we got DHS and the Patriot Act.

The Machinist
10-27-2012, 17:11
What happen if Romney win, well when he wins, and it turns out he is an abject failure?
The same thing that's been happening will continue to happen. We'll be told that it is the election that will make or break the country, and that anyone who doesn't vote for the R is a liberal traitor - especially the people who mistrust the government.

maxsnafu
10-27-2012, 17:57
Given the country's changing demographics due to immigration if Romney isn't a huge success it's probably the last time a Republican will be elected ever again.

JBnTX
10-27-2012, 18:12
Given the country's changing demographics due to immigration if Romney isn't a huge success it's probably the last time a Republican will be elected ever again.

That's very insightful and probably correct.

CitizenOfDreams
10-27-2012, 18:15
I think the country would then continue the diversi-fest and elect the first female president, the first transgender president, the first Hispanic president, the first mentally handicapped president...

Flintlocker
10-27-2012, 18:22
Obamas biggest failure is that he can not cross party lines to bring projects together by both parties.

Of all the ridiculous talking points coming out of the Romney campaign these days, this one has to be the most absurd.

Maybe you missed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzGZj32LYc

Perhaps you missed the record numbers of Republican filibusters.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4159/ezrakleincloturegraph.png

Perhaps you missed the GOP voting against veterans.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/09/23/senate-gop-obstructionists-throw-veterans-under-the-bus-vote-down-bill-to-help-vets-in-need-of-jobs/

Perhaps you're just the sort of low information voter that the Romney team is looking for.

Bren
10-27-2012, 18:24
What happen if Romney win, well when he wins, and it turns out he is an abject failure?

That seems very unlikely, given his accomplishments so far. But if it does happen, we'd only be where we are now.

LASTRESORT20
10-27-2012, 18:32
We have a Failure NOW....Any "American" with an American staff, would do a "much better Job" than what we have now.....

Bren
10-27-2012, 18:35
Perhaps you missed the GOP voting against veterans.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/09/23/senate-gop-obstructionists-throw-veterans-under-the-bus-vote-down-bill-to-help-vets-in-need-of-jobs/

Perhaps you're just the sort of low information voter that the Romney team is looking for.

Funny how the democrat scumbags only like veterans when they can use them against Republicans without benefitting the vets. Guess which party the vets vote for by a landslide majority? Not yours. That article is a prime example of piliing on the BS - the Democrats are so concerned.:upeyes:

Let's see: Republicans opposed waiving spending limits to spend more federal money to create a veterans job corps to work for cities and states. I expect them to oppose that.

nursetim
10-27-2012, 18:55
Hey Bren, try to keep it civil. Remember you served so he/she/it could express views , no matter how flawed, freely. I respect your view point, but we need to hear what the opposition's talking points are, no mater how absurd they are.

kirgi08
10-27-2012, 18:57
:popcorn:

cowboy1964
10-27-2012, 19:01

You are one funny dude Flintlocker.

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

PocketProtector
10-27-2012, 19:02
Romneys never failed at anything, and it won't happen this time either. Never has an easier turnaround been assured than an OMao presidency set up.

G29Reload
10-27-2012, 19:29
Clinton has said she won't run and was fairly specific about it.

I know, I know. Can't be trusted.

bongo says win or lose its ihis last election. Being defeated twice would really be a bummer so he probably means it.

He's too lazy to anyway.

Talk of elizabeth warren but theres enough on her being a commie it won't happen regardless.

Vic777
10-27-2012, 19:44
What happen if Romney win, well when he wins, and it turns out he is an abject failure? Will obummer run again under the "miss me now?" Campaign? Or is the question like dividing by zero?The way I read the Constitution you can only get elected for President once. If you get elected you can run for a Second Term. But, once defeated you cannot run again. Romney will face big problems and a hostile Press. After Nov 6th we can discuss what Romney should do.

janice6
10-27-2012, 20:35
I think the country would then continue the diversi-fest and elect the first female president, the first transgender president, the first Hispanic president, the first mentally handicapped president...

The second.

nursetim
10-27-2012, 20:37
Vic777, nope, not the case. You are only allowed to serve for eight years total, after fdr. They do not have to be consecutive. You can skip a term or two.

nursetim
10-27-2012, 20:38
The second.

Well played sir. :animlol: :thumbsup:

Java Junky
10-27-2012, 20:48
When Romney wins, no matter what he does, it will not be as detrimental to Americans and America as was the reign of the feet-on-every-@*#&in'-piece-of-White House-furniture America-hating resident terrorist.
I personally think that Romney and Ryan CAN DO, but in they're simply displacing the flim-flam man . . as far as I'm concerned they saved America for the rest of us.
(I got nothin' personal against the UN, but I'm'a @*#&in' American. Not a UNian as the flim-flam man'n Hil'ry'd have us become.)

RHVEtte
10-27-2012, 20:51

I thought we already did that one with Jimmy Carter?:tongueout:

hogship
10-27-2012, 20:52
If I read the tea leaves right, I see Romney as a changed man. He now has a dose of middle America actually supporting him......and, you'd have to be totally ignorant to not see that he likes it! Either he acts on his inner need to be the president most of America wants......or, will be the same old Romney.

That's a big question......but, if he starts leaning conservative in a big way, he might be a great president. If he gets enthusiastic support of "the people" who make this country work, it will be hard for congress not to see that, and get things done.

Keeping the House, and gaining the Senate will compound the ability of Romney to be a true leader......

We'll see.......

ooc

ModGlock17
10-27-2012, 21:05
What happen if Romney win, well when he wins, and it turns out he is an abject failure? Will obummer run again under the "miss me now?" Campaign? Or is the question like dividing by zero?

Sir NurseTim,

People who worry about that are likely those who haven't realize the gravity of national situation that we are in.

Here's an analogy. You're drowning in the sea. Aching muscles aren't going to wade a whole lot of water now. You have a moment above the water now, not sure if it is your last. Then someone throw you a rope. If you understand your situation, you're going grab that rope with any effort you have left.

You're not going to EVEN think:
1. that rope has got motor oil in it, slippery, ain't gonna work.
2. that rope may be decomposed partially, gonna break as soon as I grab it.
3. that rope gonna blister my skin, lots of pain tomorrow.

You're just going to grab the rope!

So to me, when someone asks that question, what is in his mind is this, "Things aren't so bad right now."

Am I off base ????

certifiedfunds
10-27-2012, 21:16
He won't run again. No chance. After the White House it's time to get paid ala Clinton. Obama came in a brokedick. He's had his power. Now he moves on to the real reason people go to Washington -- the paycheck

nursetim
10-27-2012, 21:53
Modglock17, yes I think you are. I understand the gravity of our situation well I think. But as no one can say with a 100% certainty how the election will turn out, it is all just a mental exercise such as I have posed. Maybe to inoculate against disappointment. Maybe for a worst case senerio.

I certainly hope and pray (really hard) that obummer is not re-elected, the possibility exists that he could win. Romney is not my first choice for president, but right now he is the only choice with a better than average shot at winning. With politicians you can never really say which way they will fly, left or right. Romney has a track record of flying left of center. Will his business acumen work? I really hope so. But to not consider the prospects of failure is foolish.

ModGlock17
10-27-2012, 23:49
....Maybe to inoculate against disappointment. Maybe for a worst case senerio.

.... With politicians you can never really say which way they will fly, left or right. Romney has a track record of flying left of center. Will his business acumen work? I really hope so. But to not consider the prospects of failure is foolish.

I can sense the apprehension among voters. It is real.

If we, conservatives, were to grab power and run over the 40% (I presume) elected Dems in the legislative branch, then we are no better than what had been done the last 4 yrs.
People will kick Reps out and replace with Dems, again.

American do not need Reps and Dems who thinks being American is secondary to be members of their respective parties. That’s what wrong with us.

We need a President who can be an American first, who’d work all sides to make us better, who’d make all sides feel they own the solutions. When that happens, we can not expect that we get 100% our way. When a party rams its ideology down people’s throats, they’d retaliate both 2 and 4 years laters. They’ll undo what you’ve done.

I am saying it is unrealistic to expect Romney be 100% conservative in government, when people elected 85% Dems (in Massachusetts) or may be 40% Dems (I presume, in DC). So his record of accomplishment won’t look conservative, but rather reflects the will of the entire Massachusetts or entire USA, respectively. We’ve got far bigger problems than Gun Control and Right-to-Life issues (just examples). Worry about those things when we are coasting in good times.

nursetim
10-28-2012, 00:00
Yeah, only slightly concerned with gun laws as he is going to be to busy, with the economy and healthcare, to do anything.

He will be under the same gun (get it?, geez I crack myself up) that obummer was, being in first term and wanting a second.

maxsnafu
10-28-2012, 05:30
Romneys never failed at anything, and it won't happen this time either. Never has an easier turnaround been assured than an OMao presidency set up.

Let's see how Romney deals with the hundreds of TRILLIONS of dollars of Social Security and Medicare obligations this nation faces.

Let's see if he does anything substantive about immigration.

Truth is, this country has HUGE challenges ahead of it and a turnaround is going to be anything but easy, maybe impossible.

walt cowan
10-28-2012, 06:20
either way, goldman-sachs wins.:upeyes:

certifiedfunds
10-28-2012, 06:42
either way, goldman-sachs wins.:upeyes:

*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*D ing*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Din g*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding* Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Di ng**Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding*Ding

Vic777
10-28-2012, 07:08
Vic777, nope, not the case. You are only allowed to serve for eight years total, after fdr. They do not have to be consecutive. You can skip a term or two.Wow! This then could be a little humorous side-show for the next Thirty Years as the MSM speculate about the Messiah's return. I guess there's more chance of him being re-elected than there is of him getting a below 20 handicap.

Ruble Noon
10-28-2012, 08:05

Well, if Romney turns out to be a failure you all will have to vote for Hillary because a third party can't win.

evlbruce
10-28-2012, 09:04
According to Bob Woodward, Barry's ego is such that he'd try and pull a Grover Cleavland and he'll run for a second non-consecutive terms.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't try and pull a Taft and try for a seat on the SCOTUS.

Clutch Cargo
10-28-2012, 09:30
Hillary would run. I think it's her only hope. If (heaven forbid) Obama wins 2016 would certainly go to one of the younger Republicans in the bullpen.

Maybe Obama being reelected was seen by the Mayans as the ignition for their end-of-world predictions. :wow:

Cavalry Doc
10-28-2012, 10:23
Well, if Romney turns out to be a failure you all will have to vote for Hillary because a third party can't win.

Find a better candidate. I'm not opposed to voting third party, just opposed to futility.

If the third party candidate can possibly beat hillary and mittens in the next election, and he's not completely limp wristed on foreign policy, I'll take an honest look at him/her.

railfancwb
10-28-2012, 10:23

You forgot the "Oh, wait..."

railfancwb
10-28-2012, 10:29
The way I read the Constitution you can only get elected for President once. If you get elected you can run for a Second Term. But, once defeated you cannot run again. Romney will face big problems and a hostile Press. After Nov 6th we can discuss what Romney should do.

Back in the day Stevenson ran against Ike both times, I believe. But Ike was the one in office when the two term limit was enacted... Seems Nader ran several times on the Green ticket, and there was some speculation he would do so again. So I don't know...

G29Reload
10-28-2012, 11:40
I don't think Romney can fail. There's no where to go but up.

Just getting zero out of the way, removing lisa jackson at EPA and Eric Holder alone…

Get a repeal passed on Obama care and Mitt will be on autopilot at the golf course. Just stay out of the way and let the private sector do its thing.

CitizenOfDreams
10-28-2012, 12:04

That's what I thought about the last president. I misunderestimated.

Ruble Noon
10-28-2012, 12:57

Just getting zero out of the way, removing lisa jackson at EPA and Eric Holder alone…

Get a repeal passed on Obama care and Mitt will be on autopilot at the golf course. Just stay out of the way and let the private sector do its thing.

The EPA regs under osama will sink this country

http://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/report-epa-rules-placed-hold-until-after-election-spell-doom-jobs-and-economic

Rules Delayed or “Punted” until 2013 by Obama-EPA:

Greenhouse Gas Regulations
Ozone Rule
Florida Numeric Nutrient Criteria
EPA’s Water Guidance
Stormwater Regulation:
Tier III Gas Regulations:
Boiler MACT Rule
Cement MACT Rule:
Coal Ash
316(b) Cooling Towers Rule
Farm Dust Regulations: