The Price of a Black President [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Price of a Black President

DOC44
10-28-2012, 08:42
The Price of a Black President

WHEN African-Americans go to the polls next week, they are likely to support Barack Obama at a level approaching the 95 percent share of the black vote he received in 2008. As well they should, given the symbolic exceptionalism of his presidency and the modern Republican Party’s utter disregard for economic justice, civil rights and the social safety net.

But for those who had seen in President Obama’s election the culmination of four centuries of black hopes and aspirations and the realization of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision of a “beloved community,” the last four years must be reckoned a disappointment. Whether it ends in 2013 or 2017, the Obama presidency has already marked the decline, rather than the pinnacle, of a political vision centered on challenging racial inequality. The tragedy is that black elites — from intellectuals and civil rights leaders to politicians and clergy members — have acquiesced to this decline, seeing it as the necessary price for the pride and satisfaction of having a black family in the White House.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/opinion/sunday/the-price-of-a-black-president.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It is an opinion piece.... but it IS in the New York Times.:wow:

Doc44

JBnTX
10-28-2012, 08:46
Excellent article.

Obama has been a disappointment to the black community, and I don't think he'll get as large a percentage of the black vote as people think.

More and more blacks are moving up into the middle class and becoming more politically aware. They're the ones abandoning Obama and the Democrat party like rats deserting a sinking ship.

However, the lower class and poorer blacks will still follow the tradition of voting for whoever keeps that welfare check coming.

Clutch Cargo
10-28-2012, 09:49
Last time I checked, President Obama was only half negro. I'm 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 German, and the rest really unknown. For al I know the rest of me is negro. I'm not even sure those folks from other countries were caucasian. Obama got much of the negro vote because he has black skin. It's really sad when race is taken over ability.

President has probably hurt the negro community much more than any other. High unemployment seems to hiurt that demographic than any other. It makes no sense why someone out of work for a long time would vote to keep the person who is responsible for their financial hardship, in office.

aircarver
10-28-2012, 10:06
We all paid the price of a pResident that was 100% commie ... :steamed:

Cavalry Doc
10-28-2012, 10:45
It's not the price of a black president, it's the price of a BHO presidency. The buck stops with him as an individual, not as a member of particular mixed genetic background.

nursetim
10-28-2012, 11:02
+1 to what Doc said. It's not about being black that cost us. It's about being an empty suit that cost us. It about his communist ties and ideology that costs us. I'm not voting for Romney because he is white. I'm voting for Romney because he's not obummer.

DOC44
10-28-2012, 15:23
+1 to what Doc said. It's not about being black that cost us. It's about being an empty suit that cost us. It about his communist ties and ideology that costs us. I'm not voting for Romney because he is white. I'm voting for Romney because he's not obummer.

but if the empty suit had not been black it would have not been elected president.

Doc44

countrygun
10-28-2012, 15:42
but if the empty suit had not been black it would have not been elected president.

Doc44

True, but that failure is with the electorate and his failure once elected is that of an individual.

gwalchmai
10-29-2012, 06:49
Racial equality is not something the government has the power to give.

juggy4711
10-29-2012, 08:02
It's not the price of a black president, it's the price of a BHO presidency. The buck stops with him as an individual, not as a member of particular mixed genetic background.

It would be fantastic if that were true. Unfortunately that is not that case.

Butcher
10-29-2012, 08:08
Last time I checked, President Obama was only half negro. I'm 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 German, and the rest really unknown. For al I know the rest of me is negro. I'm not even sure those folks from other countries were caucasian.

I'm a mutt too. Hell I could be part black even... You just can't tell when I got my pants on :lol:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

gwalchmai
10-29-2012, 08:10
It's not the price of a black president, it's the price of a BHO presidency. The buck stops with him as an individual, not as a member of particular mixed genetic background.While I appreciate the spirit of your post, the sad truth is that black politicians in America have a pretty sorry record of corruption and incompetence that can no longer be ignored for the sake of political correctness. I can't imagine myself voting for another black politician ever.

kirgi08
10-29-2012, 10:27
They are the EBRs that help provide the EBTs.'08.

cowboywannabe
10-29-2012, 10:29
funny, i thought it costs us upwards of 16 trillion.

janice6
10-29-2012, 10:32
Racial equality is not something the government has the power to give.

True. But by Obama's actions, he is taking it away. He and Eric Holder are doing more for racial inequality Than anyone else.

G29Reload
10-29-2012, 11:05
The price of a black president is that EVERYTHING becomes about race.

JimP
10-29-2012, 14:29
yet another indictment of affirmative action. it'll get you the job but what happens when the work just doesn't get done? You just can't "action" that away....

brickboy240
10-29-2012, 14:40
If you honestly consider his past, his family and his up-bringing....Obama has very, very little in common with the average black American.

Other than skin color, musical taste and maybe views towards white people....what DOES Obama have in common with most American black people?

-brickboy240

concretefuzzynuts
10-29-2012, 14:47
Dr. King is rolling in his grave at the racism coming from this administration and it's followers.

This is not what he fought and died for.