Sources Say Obama Was in the Room Watching Benghazi Attack Happen [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sources Say Obama Was in the Room Watching Benghazi Attack Happen

Ruble Noon
10-28-2012, 13:07
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/retired-lt-col-my-sources-say-obama-was-in-the-room-watching-benghazi-attack-happen/

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 13:40
The Blaze's reporting obviously has factual errors and appears to be pure partisan speculation. They claim Glen Doherty was already at the CIA station in Benghazi when in fact he was part of the GRS team from Tripoli. The also claim that it's been reported that there were 3 separate calls for action FROM the CIA station in Benghazi to Washington. It's a brazen attempt to conflate and misread Jennifer Griffin's report. Her report made no such claim. And thirdly, all of this relies on un-named, 3rd party accounts. If someone has a story to tell that the CIA station refused help to the consulate or that the military refused forces from Sigonella then they should stand up and say so. Until then it's all partisan speculation.

oldman11
10-28-2012, 13:45
We all know they chose not to send help. We can all see through their lies, and BS. I would like to know why they abandoned our men. I would like to see someone step up and give a reason for such a cowardly action.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 13:50
We all know they chose not to send help. We can all see through their lies, and BS. I would like to know why they abandoned our men. I would like to see someone step up and give a reason for such a cowardly action.

You "know it" because you want to believe it. Maybe if you, or anyone, had a shred of evidence then it should be published. Until then it's just partisan innuendo meant to pull the emotional chains of nitwits.

Providence
10-28-2012, 14:01
I wonder why the administration will not answer simple questions? Who gave the order to stand down? Where was the President during the attack? There are many more questions for sure, but you get the idea.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 14:01
Here are some actual facts. The attack on the consulate started at approximately 9:40pm local time (3:40pm EST) and lasted about an hour. The President was just leaving from Walter Reed, Bethesda at 4:40pm EST.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/09/president_obama_official_sched_1000.html

So tell me again how Obama was watching from the White House when this occurred... Oh, that's right, you can't... because he was in Maryland.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 14:04
I wonder why the administration will not answer simple questions? Who gave the order to stand down? Where was the President during the attack? There are many more questions for sure, but you get the idea.

They have answered questions. They just won't answer the far right wing attack machine that's lying and inventing circumstances from 3rd hand anonymous sources.

Providence
10-28-2012, 14:11
Here are some actual facts. The attack on the consulate started at approximately 9:40pm local time (3:40pm EST) and lasted about an hour. The President was just leaving from Walter Reed, Bethesda at 4:40pm EST.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/09/president_obama_official_sched_1000.html

So tell me again how Obama was watching from the White House when this occurred... Oh, that's right, you can't... because he was in Maryland.

Your giving it a valiant effort! You really are. You love dear leader and you want to protect him, but you have to admit to yourself that this latest scandal really smells bad. People died, and someone has blood on their hands. Someone gave the order to stand down. State has disavowed. CIA has disavowed.

Why was Gen. Ham relieved of duty during the attack? Who gave the order to stand down?

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 14:19
Your giving it a valiant effort! You really are. You love dear leader and you want to protect him, but you have to admit to yourself that this latest scandal really smells bad. People died, and someone has blood on their hands. Someone gave the order to stand down. State has disavowed. CIA has disavowed.

Why was Gen. Ham relieved of duty during the attack? Who gave the order to stand down?

Everything you said there is speculation or misinterpretation of the facts.

You say that the CIA disavowed. They disavowed the reporting from Griffin that the CIA refused to send help to the consulate. All they're saying is that report isn't true and it's only wild speculation that from Bill Krystal and Glen Beck that such a thing means that Obama, who was at Walter Reed at the time, gave an order to refuse help. It's nonsense.

And all the speculation about Gen. Ham is nothing but internet rumor. Show me a something real and I'll take a look at it.

All this is right now is craven political hacks trying to gets some momentum by politicking on the graves of dead Americans. And it's despicable.

Providence
10-28-2012, 14:34
Everything you said there is speculation or misinterpretation of the facts.

You say that the CIA disavowed. They disavowed the reporting from Griffin that the CIA refused to send help to the consulate. All they're saying is that report isn't true and it's only wild speculation that from Bill Krystal and Glen Beck that such a thing means that Obama, who was at Walter Reed at the time, gave an order to refuse help. It's nonsense.

And all the speculation about Gen. Ham is nothing but internet rumor. Show me a something real and I'll take a look at it.

All this is right now is craven political hacks trying to gets some momentum by politicking on the graves of dead Americans. And it's despicable.
So there is no story here? We should just move along? Dear leader handled the situation without error? No one did anything wrong?

You forgot to mention that dear leader promised to investigate the situation. And you forgot to mention the terrible bad no-good video that caused this entire problem.

You mean that this doesn't bother you at all? I realize that some of the reports will be proven to be false. Some of the facts will be wrong. But this smells bad to me. And the lies the administration told about the video causing the attack only make them look guilty. There is a cover-up. Why? Who told the Ambassador to the UN to lie to the American people?

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 14:48
So there is no story here? We should just move along? Dear leader handled the situation without error? No one did anything wrong?

You forgot to mention that dear leader promised to investigate the situation. And you forgot to mention the terrible bad no-good video that caused this entire problem.

You mean that this doesn't bother you at all? I realize that some of the reports will be proven to be false. Some of the facts will be wrong. But this smells bad to me. And the lies the administration told about the video causing the attack only make them look guilty. There is a cover-up. Why? Who told the Ambassador to the UN to lie to the American people?

I agree that what Rice said to the UN was wrong. It obviously wasn't anything other than an armed militia attack. But to claim that was an attempt to "cover-up" is nonsensical. What would saying that the cause of the attack stemmed from the video actually cover up? Nothing, because the facts remained the same. Stevens and Smith died of smoke inhalation at the consulate and Doherty (who had just flown 400 miles from Tripoli with the GRS team) and Woods were killed by mortar fire at the CIA station about 2 miles away. Saying that the cause of the attacks was Mickey Mouse or McDonalds hamburgers wouldn't change the facts or constitute a cover up.

nmk
10-28-2012, 15:02
Flintlocker is actually the most rational person in a thread. I need a drink.

rgregoryb
10-28-2012, 15:05
just "bumps in the road" folks, unless it was your family. Nothing too see here, the Dear Leader has it all under control................

but, hey we got Obamaphones.........

10-28-2012, 15:09
What did the president know and when did he know it?

cowboy1964
10-28-2012, 15:13
I agree that what Rice said to the UN was wrong.

Well that's a start. And who told her to say what she said? Why hasn't she (or her bosses) been fired yet?

Instead of yelling about people politicizing this why aren't you asking the questions that need to be asked? Quit being a tool for this administration's lies and deceptions.

beforeobamabans
10-28-2012, 15:20
Impeach the prick.

callihan_44
10-28-2012, 15:25
I find it EXTREMELY HARD to believe people in the administration including the president wasnt up to speed on the situation as it was happening....the attempt to cover this up is overwhelmingly evident....this area was "hot" with activity and intel on high alert, I hope those willing speak the truth do so...if this is put by the wayside I pray for my brothers pulling security detail in these cesspools

Providence
10-28-2012, 15:41
Flintlocker is actually the most rational person in a thread. I need a drink.

You mean this whole scandal doesn't smell to you? Nothing bothers you about how this was handled? Flintlocker's take on the facts is based on his desire for this to go away. Maybe he has been brainwashed by reading the NY Times or watching MSNBC. But he fails to acknowledge that all the diversion points to a cover-up. Too many people know what really happened. 300-400 people read the emails. The CIA people on the ground have talked to some of the news outlets. The truth will come out... unless O. Is re-elected.

nmk
10-28-2012, 15:48
You mean this whole scandal doesn't smell to you? Nothing bothers you about how this was handled? Flintlocker's take on the facts is based on his desire for this to go away. Maybe he has been brainwashed by reading the NY Times or watching MSNBC. But he fails to acknowledge that all the diversion points to a cover-up. Too many people know what really happened. 300-400 people read the emails. The CIA people on the ground have talked to some of the news outlets. The truth will come out... unless O. Is re-elected.

Of course it smells, but I'm not going bat**** crazy and loose with the facts because then you are no better than him.

Barcroft
10-28-2012, 15:55
I have to believe that someone, somewhere in the Obama administration has at least a shred of dignity, courage, or a sense of right and wrong and will see to it that the truth comes out, hopefully sooner than later.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 16:10
Of course it smells, but I'm not going bat**** crazy and loose with the facts because then you are no better than him.

Feel free to address where I've been "loose with the facts", chief.

In fact you can start with the biggest one. The entire premise of this thread, that Obama watched from the White House while the consulate was attacked, has been clearly and unequivocally refuted. Obama was at Walter Reed while the attack happened.

rgregoryb
10-28-2012, 16:28
Obama was at Walter Reed while the attack happened.

getting a hemorrhoid transplant, later the hemorrhoid rejected him.

happyguy
10-28-2012, 16:32

In fact you can start with the biggest one. The entire premise of this thread, that Obama watched from the White House while the consulate was attacked, has been clearly and unequivocally refuted. Obama was at Walter Reed while the attack happened.

I don't care about your "facts". A poorly defended consulate in a very dangerous part of the world came under attack by overwhelming force and the CINC was either too distracted, out of touch, or cowardly, to send the help that was available.

What ever the "facts" might be, his incompetence led to the deaths of four men, any one of whom was a better man than him.

You are obviously OK with that. Most of the rest of us are not and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Edit: You are also either somewhat retarded or you are deliberately misleading. Obama may have been leaving Walter Reed when the attack started but the attack lasted for way more than an hour. True, the attack on the consulate was over in an hour, but they just shifted their focus to the CIA "safe house".

If Obama was not in the situation room then he is beyond incompetent and is actually derelict.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

Providence
10-28-2012, 16:41

In fact you can start with the biggest one. The entire premise of this thread, that Obama watched from the White House while the consulate was attacked, has been clearly and unequivocally refuted. Obama was at Walter Reed while the attack happened.I am not the one who accused you of being loose with the facts, but I'll take your "fact" challenge. You Chicago Sun Times article posts a schedule of the president's day. That list is before the day begins. read it. it says "the president will...." Do you know that is how the president's day played out? Do you know the president didn't return to the WH early. I don't know he did, and I don't know he didn't. And frankly I don't care. I do care that 4 people died and there were a series of deceptions to deflect attention away from finding out what happened. To me it looks bad, but I can be wrong. I will say that the o. Admin's failure to be transparent causes me to distrust them. Susan Rice's statements makes me distrust them more. So I have questions, and I'm not alone. Why did the CIA officer "lazer paint" a target unless he was expecting a missile or a bomb to destroy the mortar position?

Are you saying this doesn't bother you? I know you have a task here, but I can't believe you don't question this scandal.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 16:49
I am not the one who accused you of being loose with the facts, but I'll take your "fact" challenge. You Chicago Sun Times article posts a schedule of the president's day. That list is before the day begins. read it. it says "the president will...." Do you know that is how the president's day played out? Do you know the president didn't return to the WH early. I don't know he did, and I don't know he didn't. And frankly I don't care. I do care that 4 people died and there were a series of deceptions to deflect attention away from finding out what happened. To me it looks bad, but I can be wrong. I will say that the o. Admin's failure to be transparent causes me to distrust them. Susan Rice's statements makes me distrust them more. So I have questions, and I'm not alone. Why did the CIA officer "lazer paint" a target unless he was expecting a missile or a bomb to destroy the mortar position?

Are you saying this doesn't bother you? I know you have a task here, but I can't believe you don't question this scandal.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/09/obama-visits-wounded-troops-awards-two-purple-hearts/1#.UI21D4aJKXl

Failure to be transparent? Jesus. What you mean is that he hasn't directly responded to wild speculation from the far right wing that has had only one objective: to make the President culpable for a single attack that occurred on the other side of the world. It's cynical and hypocritical because the same whiners didn't say a peep about dozens, if not hundreds, of the prior administrations screw-ups that cost Americans their lives. The duplicity is mind boggling.

happyguy
10-28-2012, 17:00
Obama avoids question on whether Americans in Libya were denied requests for help

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/27/obama-avoids-question-on-whether-americans-in-libya-were-denied-requests-for/#ixzz2Adaa5E88

When asked again, Obama said, “The minute I found out what was going on, I gave three very clear directives -- Number 1, make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to.”

I guess we need to find out who he said this to and then find out why they disobeyed an order from the CINC. Or maybe he needs the results of the investigation to remind him who it was.:upeyes:

Regards,

Providence
10-28-2012, 17:01
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/09/obama-visits-wounded-troops-awards-two-purple-hearts/1#.UI21D4aJKXl

Failure to be transparent? Jesus. What you mean is that he hasn't directly responded to wild speculation from the far right wing that has had only one objective: to make the President culpable for a single attack that occurred on the other side of the world. It's cynical and hypocritical because the same whiners didn't say a peep about dozens, if not hundreds, of the prior administrations screw-ups that cost Americans their lives. The duplicity is mind boggling.

Okay then. I leave you to the abuse.

O. has stated that he gave the order that all aid be given to the people in Benghazi, yet the order tomBenghazi was to stand down. Somebody is lying. People died and somebody lied. Defend your regime with all you might! Make your stand on the idea that the POTUS wasn't there, didn't give orders, and isn't responsible. We will leave the members of GT to decide.

Sam Spade
10-28-2012, 17:14
I find flintlocker on the defensive to be delicious.

Here's my question: if it's your position that there was no order from the Administration to stand down, then there are two options, and only two.

1) the people in the Consulate, faced with mortar fire, driven from burning buildings and having an Ambassador MIA never asked for help. Given the bloody handprints and the way US troops are trained---to never leave a comrade in the hands of the enemy, and to rely on air power to offset the enemy's numerical edge---I find this ludicrous. Your opinion?

2) that the Administration provided the help when requested.

There are no other options here. If O didn't call for a stand down, one of the above must be true. Which?

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 17:18
Okay then. I leave you to the abuse.

O. has stated that he gave the order that all aid be given to the people in Benghazi, yet the order tomBenghazi was to stand down. Somebody is lying. People died and somebody lied. Defend your regime with all you might! Make your stand on the idea that the POTUS wasn't there, didn't give orders, and isn't responsible. We will leave the members of GT to decide.

Knock yourselves out. Your conclusions are already set in stone. You're now stating, as fact, that Obama gave the order to stand down. The problem is that this is all 2nd and 3rd hand "information" from anonymous sources. But you don't care, you already know your "truth": the "muzzy" Obama let Americans die so he could help his Al-Qaeda brothers and then he tried to cover it up. And now the far right wing blogs are on the case.

No amount of information is going to deter the right wing rage-o-sphere from riding the corpse of a dead US ambassador to election day. And then a few days later all the lies they've generated, all the conspiratorial crap that they puke out will be swept under the rug and forgotten.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 17:27
I find flintlocker on the defensive to be delicious.

Here's my question: if it's your position that there was no order from the Administration to stand down, then there are two options, and only two.

1) the people in the Consulate, faced with mortar fire, driven from burning buildings and having an Ambassador MIA never asked for help. Given the bloody handprints and the way US troops are trained---to never leave a comrade in the hands of the enemy, and to rely on air power to offset the enemy's numerical edge---I find this ludicrous. Your opinion?

2) that the Administration provided the help when requested.

There are no other options here. If O didn't call for a stand down, one of the above must be true. Which?

1) Yes, your opinion is ludicrous, and misinformed. The Consulate didn't receive mortar fire. The attack took approximately 45 minutes and when the attackers couldn't breech the building the Ambassador was in they set it on fire and left. When reinforcements from the CIA station came they searched for Stevens body but they only found his companion.

2) As has been reported numerous other places (not the nitwit blogs you read) a GRS team was flown in from Tripoli, 400 miles away.

Sadly, I believe you are too ignorant and misinformed to apprehend the truth. You'll be too busy reading the spicy lies from your silly blogs.

concretefuzzynuts
10-28-2012, 17:33

First of all Walter Reed Army Medical Center is closed after 102 years of service.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-27/us/washington.military.hospital_1_walter-reed-ceremony-hospital-center?_s=PM:US

Secondly the whole battle at both sites lasted almost 7 hrs.

Thirdly even if Obama was at Bethesda, MD it is only a 22 minute drive to the White House. Lets assume he took the helicopter, even less time. Plenty of time for him to get back and view what was going on.

happyguy
10-28-2012, 17:35
1) Yes, your opinion is ludicrous, and misinformed. The Consulate didn't receive mortar fire. The attack took approximately 45 minutes and when the attackers couldn't breech the building the Ambassador was in they set it on fire and left. When reinforcements from the CIA station came they searched for Stevens body but they only found his companion.

2) As has been reported numerous other places (not the nitwit blogs you read) a GRS team was flown in from Tripoli, 400 miles away.

Sadly, I believe you are too ignorant and misinformed to apprehend the truth. You'll be too busy reading the spicy lies from your silly blogs.

The QRF didn't arrive until 5 hours after the attack began.

There was a C130 gunship an hour away.

Obama could put an end to all this by simply telling the truth about what happened.

Regards,

Snowman92D
10-28-2012, 17:37
The Golden Child is blameless. :rofl:

happyguy
10-28-2012, 17:41
One last thing.

This attack lasted several hours so I have to ask this question.

If Obama was not in the Situation Room as this event unfolded, WHY THE HELL WASN'T HE!!!

Regards,

Ruble Noon
10-28-2012, 17:42
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzQp7Jgyk9RTVkt-jtR5gAQA1KoY-axm8IRisY4-_aaliCdtit

Flintlocker???

Ruble Noon
10-28-2012, 17:43
One last thing.

This attack lasted several hours so I have to ask this question.

If Obama was not in the Situation Room as this event unfolded, WHY THE HELL WASN'T HE!!!

Regards,

He was resting up for his trip to Vegas, the same Vegas that he told Americans not to visit.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 17:44
Here's a timeline of events:

Around 8:30 p.m.

Stevens finishes his final meeting of the day and escorts a Turkish diplomat outside the main entrance of the consulate. The situation is calm. There are no protests.

Around 9:40 p.m.

Agents hear loud noises, gunfire and explosions near the front gate. A barracks at the entrance housing the local militiamen is burnt down. Agents viewing cameras see a large group of armed men flowing into the compound. Alarm is sounded. Telephone calls are made to the embassy in Tripoli, officials in Washington, the Libyan authorities and a U.S. quick reaction force located at a second compound a little more than a mile away.

Grabbing weapons

One agent, armed with a sidearm and an M4 submachine gun, takes Stevens and computer specialist Sean Smith to a safe room inside one of the compound’s two main residences. It has a heavy metal grill and several locks, medical supplies and water, and windows that can be opened only from the inside. The other agents equip themselves with long guns, body armor, helmets and ammunition at other buildings. Two try to make it to the building with Stevens. They are met by armed men and are forced to retreat.

Attackers breach the compound

Attackers penetrate Stevens’ building and try to break the grill locks for the safe room but cannot gain access. They dump jerry cans of diesel fuel in the building, light furniture on fire and set aflame part of the exterior of the building. Two of the remaining four agents are in the compound’s other residence. Attackers penetrate that building, but the agents barricade themselves in and the attackers can’t reach them. Attackers try to enter the tactical operations center, where the last two agents are located. They smash up the door but cannot enter the building.

Americans trapped

Meanwhile, Stevens’ building rapidly fills up with thick diesel smoke and burning fumes from the furniture. Inside, visibility is less than 3 feet. Unable to breathe, the Americans go to a bathroom and open a window but still can’t get enough air. They decide to leave the building. The agent goes first, flopping out onto a patio enclosed by sandbags. He takes immediate fire, including probably rocket-propelled grenades. Stevens and Smith don’t come out of the building. The agent, suffering severely from smoke inhalation, goes in and out of the building several times to look for them. He then climbs a ladder to the roof of the building and collapses. He radios the other agents to alert them to the situation there.

The other four agents are able to reunite and take an armored vehicle to Stevens’ building. They reach the collapsed agent and try to set up a perimeter. They take turns going into the building, searching on hands and knees for the missing Americans. Smith is pulled out, dead. Stevens cannot be found.

Reinforcements

A six-person, quick-reaction security team arrives from their compound across town. About 60 Libyan militiamen accompany them. They attempt to secure a perimeter around Stevens’ building and take turns going inside. Taking fire, Libyan forces determine they can’t hold the perimeter. A decision is made to evacuate the compound and return with everyone to the reaction force’s compound.

Agents pile into an armored vehicle with Smith’s body and leave through the main gate. They face immediate fire. Crowds and groups of men block two different routes to the security compound. Heavy traffic means they are traveling only about 15 mph and trying not to attract attention. On a narrow street they reach a group of men who signal for them to enter a compound. They sense an attack and speed away, taking heavy fire from AK-47 machine guns at a distance of only 2 feet and hand grenades thrown against and under the car. Two tires are blown out.

They speed past another crowd of men and onto a main street and across a grassy median into opposing traffic. The agents drive against traffic, eventually reaching their compound. Security gets into firing positions around the compound and on the roof. They take more gunfire and rocket-propelled grenades intermittently for several hours.

More reinforcements

In the night, a team of reinforcements from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli arrives on a chartered aircraft at the Benghazi airport and reaches the security compound.

Around 4 a.m.

The compound’s building is hit by mortar fire. The roof is hit and two security personnel are killed. One agent involved in the attack from the beginning is severely wounded. The men decide to evacuate the city entirely. They spend the next hours securing the annex and moving a large convoy of vehicles to the airport. They evacuate on two flights.

happyguy
10-28-2012, 17:48
That is the first timeline that was published after the attack and it has been changed several times since.

Research and resubmit.

Regards,

rgregoryb
10-28-2012, 17:48
delete

concretefuzzynuts
10-28-2012, 17:51
Here's a timeline of events:

Around 8:30 p.m.

Stevens finishes his final meeting of the day and escorts a Turkish diplomat outside the main entrance of the consulate. The situation is calm. There are no protests.

Around 9:40 p.m.

Agents hear loud noises, gunfire and explosions near the front gate. A barracks at the entrance housing the local militiamen is burnt down. Agents viewing cameras see a large group of armed men flowing into the compound. Alarm is sounded. Telephone calls are made to the embassy in Tripoli, officials in Washington, the Libyan authorities and a U.S. quick reaction force located at a second compound a little more than a mile away.

Grabbing weapons

One agent, armed with a sidearm and an M4 submachine gun, takes Stevens and computer specialist Sean Smith to a safe room inside one of the compound’s two main residences. It has a heavy metal grill and several locks, medical supplies and water, and windows that can be opened only from the inside. The other agents equip themselves with long guns, body armor, helmets and ammunition at other buildings. Two try to make it to the building with Stevens. They are met by armed men and are forced to retreat.

Attackers breach the compound

Attackers penetrate Stevens’ building and try to break the grill locks for the safe room but cannot gain access. They dump jerry cans of diesel fuel in the building, light furniture on fire and set aflame part of the exterior of the building. Two of the remaining four agents are in the compound’s other residence. Attackers penetrate that building, but the agents barricade themselves in and the attackers can’t reach them. Attackers try to enter the tactical operations center, where the last two agents are located. They smash up the door but cannot enter the building.

Americans trapped

Meanwhile, Stevens’ building rapidly fills up with thick diesel smoke and burning fumes from the furniture. Inside, visibility is less than 3 feet. Unable to breathe, the Americans go to a bathroom and open a window but still can’t get enough air. They decide to leave the building. The agent goes first, flopping out onto a patio enclosed by sandbags. He takes immediate fire, including probably rocket-propelled grenades. Stevens and Smith don’t come out of the building. The agent, suffering severely from smoke inhalation, goes in and out of the building several times to look for them. He then climbs a ladder to the roof of the building and collapses. He radios the other agents to alert them to the situation there.

The other four agents are able to reunite and take an armored vehicle to Stevens’ building. They reach the collapsed agent and try to set up a perimeter. They take turns going into the building, searching on hands and knees for the missing Americans. Smith is pulled out, dead. Stevens cannot be found.

Reinforcements

A six-person, quick-reaction security team arrives from their compound across town. About 60 Libyan militiamen accompany them. They attempt to secure a perimeter around Stevens’ building and take turns going inside. Taking fire, Libyan forces determine they can’t hold the perimeter. A decision is made to evacuate the compound and return with everyone to the reaction force’s compound.

Agents pile into an armored vehicle with Smith’s body and leave through the main gate. They face immediate fire. Crowds and groups of men block two different routes to the security compound. Heavy traffic means they are traveling only about 15 mph and trying not to attract attention. On a narrow street they reach a group of men who signal for them to enter a compound. They sense an attack and speed away, taking heavy fire from AK-47 machine guns at a distance of only 2 feet and hand grenades thrown against and under the car. Two tires are blown out.

They speed past another crowd of men and onto a main street and across a grassy median into opposing traffic. The agents drive against traffic, eventually reaching their compound. Security gets into firing positions around the compound and on the roof. They take more gunfire and rocket-propelled grenades intermittently for several hours.

More reinforcements

In the night, a team of reinforcements from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli arrives on a chartered aircraft at the Benghazi airport and reaches the security compound.

Around 4 a.m.

The compound’s building is hit by mortar fire. The roof is hit and two security personnel are killed. One agent involved in the attack from the beginning is severely wounded. The men decide to evacuate the city entirely. They spend the next hours securing the annex and moving a large convoy of vehicles to the airport. They evacuate on two flights.

9:40 pm - 4:00 am is not 45 minutes.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 17:52
The QRF didn't arrive until 5 hours after the attack began.

There was a C130 gunship an hour away.

Obama could put an end to all this by simply telling the truth about what happened.

Regards,

Even powerline blog says that's BS:

UPDATE: Some readers are deeply skeptical of the claim that there must have been a C-130 or similar aircraft in the vicinity of Benghazi. Tom Lipscomb writes:
I have been in touch with the people who have been proposing the “on-scene C130u” and still have gotten no facts in support of their thesis. Evidently, like your reader, they assumed that the Seals wouldn’t have used the laser if there hadn’t been aircraft on site who could take advantage of it…. they have a point…. lighting up that laser gave away the Seals’ position the same way using tracer ammo does at night.
But NO ONE has confirmed any aircraft and that is a major problem with that hypothesis. No commander is going to send aircraft like a C130u for “observation.” They have drones to do that and they were apparently already there. If a C130u is on site, it is going to attack. No attack, no planes on site is the way to bet.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/10/benghazi-a-reader-assesses-the-evidence.php

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 17:54
9:40 pm - 4:00 am is not 45 minutes.

What I said is that the attack on the compound, the focus of the bogus OP article in this thread, lasted approximately 45 minutes.

concretefuzzynuts
10-28-2012, 17:58
What I said is that the attack on the compound, the focus of the bogus OP article in this thread, lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Your writing style has changed in this thread. Is this the same featherlicker that usually uses this handle? Or did she have someone else come to protect dear leader?

Providence
Who ordered Susan Rice to go on all the Sunday Talk Shows and lie to the American people?

happyguy

UPDATE: Some readers are deeply skeptical of the claim that there must have been a C-130 or similar aircraft in the vicinity of Benghazi. Tom Lipscomb writes:
I have been in touch with the people who have been proposing the “on-scene C130u” and still have gotten no facts in support of their thesis. Evidently, like your reader, they assumed that the Seals wouldn’t have used the laser if there hadn’t been aircraft on site who could take advantage of it…. they have a point…. lighting up that laser gave away the Seals’ position the same way using tracer ammo does at night.
But NO ONE has confirmed any aircraft and that is a major problem with that hypothesis. No commander is going to send aircraft like a C130u for “observation.” They have drones to do that and they were apparently already there. If a C130u is on site, it is going to attack. No attack, no planes on site is the way to bet.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/10/benghazi-a-reader-assesses-the-evidence.php

You are beyond irrational.

Do you know what the cruising speed or range of a C-130 is?

Have you not read the unclassified reports of assets that were within striking distance of the event?

You are obviously a disturbed individual.

Regards,

ModGlock17
10-28-2012, 18:00
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzQp7Jgyk9RTVkt-jtR5gAQA1KoY-axm8IRisY4-_aaliCdtit

Flintlocker???

The thought crossed my mind. Admin. fed, barks on command.

rgregoryb
10-28-2012, 18:04
Your writing style has changed in this thread. Is this the same featherlicker that usually uses this handle? Or did she have someone else come to protect dear leader?

he's employed Bill Ayers to be his ghost writer..........

LASTRESORT20
10-28-2012, 18:07

Flintlocker???

WOOF!

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2976/intriguingdog.jpg

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:08
You are beyond irrational.

Do you know what the cruising speed or range of a C-130 is?

Have you not read the unclassified reports of assets that were within striking distance of the event?

You are obviously a disturbed individual.

Regards,

I'm irrational yet you provide no source for your conclusion and even powerlineblog refutes it. You're just pissy because you keep getting called out on your ignorance.

Present some facts or go sit in your corner.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:10
Ahh, now I see the peanut (brained) gallery has arrived.

10-28-2012, 18:14

From your cite.

The final call was by the POTUS. No military action to Libya from Italy or elsewhere could have been undertaken without the POTUS signing off. In the end, his “leading from behind” strategy and failure to realize the nature of the situation in Benghazi led to the deaths of at least Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. His meeting at 5 p.m. was 5 hours before they were killed. That is why there is a cover up, the POTUS failed to act. The screw up of not having enough security on the ground in Benghazi can be passed off to Charlene Lamb, Hillary, etc., but in the midst of the crisis, when the lives of the 30+ Americans were on the line, the POTUS froze, and Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed as a result. He can’t pass that blame off on anyone, he was informed of the attack and as a result of the decisions he made in the Oval Office with Biden and Panetta, those two brave Americans died. The Panetta smokescreen does not hold water because US personnel WERE sent into harm’s way, they just weren’t US military personnel. If there was enough info to send the 8 men from Tripoli, why was that not good enough for our military? This is 100% on Obama.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:16
Who ordered Susan Rice to go on all the Sunday Talk Shows and lie to the American people?

It must have been Obama and his master plan to "cover-up" the known reported events that already occured. Yeah, that's it. You can keep moving the goalposts and grasping at straws all you want. It doesn't change the fact that all the breathless rumors and hyperventilating from right wing media machine is nothing but crude smear campaign that attempts to take an attack and turn in to some bizarre conspiracy.

Providence
10-28-2012, 18:27
It must have been Obama and his master plan to "cover-up" the known reported events that already occured. Yeah, that's it. You can keep moving the goalposts and grasping at straws all you want. It doesn't change the fact that all the breathless rumors and hyperventilating from right wing media machine is nothing but crude smear campaign that attempts to take an attack and turn in to some bizarre conspiracy.

No answer? No curiosity? No credibility.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:27
From your cite.

All of which is just more wild partisan speculation about what the President or Panetta did or didn't do. I imagine, if this forum wasn't truncated every 6 months, that there'd be a lot of examples of how Bush and Rumsfeld shouldn't, for national security reasons, divulge military activities. All the chickhawks would have been screaming for the other side of the argument. But now the President is supposed to divulge every detail in order to satisfy some partisan witch hunt? Yeah, right.

Additionally, it was reported by CBS that the forces in Italy had only be deployed to that location that very day. Moreover, more US forces arrived the next day.

happyguy
10-28-2012, 18:29
I'm irrational yet you provide no source for your conclusion and even powerlineblog refutes it. You're just pissy because you keep getting called out on your ignorance.

Present some facts or go sit in your corner.

There was a guship on the ground in Southern Italy. To the best of my knowledge it stayed on the ground. Why is that?

Regards,

Sam Spade
10-28-2012, 18:31

Nice attempted transition to the attack. It's a fail, of course.

Did they call for help? It's a yes or no question.
Did the Obama Administration provide the help requested Again, binary yes or no.

And your lie about the duration of the fight has already been outed as just that: a lie.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:32
No answer? No curiosity? No credibility.

Maybe she wasn't in the loop. Maybe she had the wrong analysis. But what you don't seem capable of comprehending is that doesn't matter what she said because the facts remain the same regardless.

Speculate away. That's what you'll do regardless until a the day after the election when you'll be whining about something else.

Providence
10-28-2012, 18:33
All of which is just more wild partisan speculation about what the President or Panetta did or didn't do. I imagine, if this forum wasn't truncated every 6 months, that there'd be a lot of examples of how Bush and Rumsfeld shouldn't, for national security reasons, divulge military activities. All the chickhawks would have been screaming for the other side of the argument. But now the President is supposed to divulge every detail in order to satisfy some partisan witch hunt? Yeah, right.

Additionally, it was reported by CBS that the forces in Italy had only be deployed to that location that very day. Moreover, more US forces arrived the next day.

CBS? What did MSNBC say? What did they report? If you dims can manage to steal the election, the story will disappear. But what will happen if Romney wins? Wait, that could never happen could it?

IvanVic
10-28-2012, 18:36
Fox will be running this 24/7 if there's any credibility to the claims. We'll know in the next few days.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:42
Nice attempted transition to the attack. It's a fail, of course.

Did they call for help? It's a yes or no question.
Did the Obama Administration provide the help requested Again, binary yes or no.

And your lie about the duration of the fight has already been outed as just that: a lie.

Did they call for help? There are two contexts that you and the news you rely on are conflating.

1) Fox New's Jennifer Griffin alleges, through anonymous 2nd hand reporting, that the consulate asked the CIA station for help. Well, despite the reporting, a team of 6 and 60 more Libyan security arrived within an hour. Find some evidence beyond speculation on Fox News and then we can talk. Additionally, a force for Tripoli, 400 miles away arrived within a few hours. And more force arrived the next day.

2) The Glen Beck Blaze report, that was used as a source for the OP article in this thread, conflates the calls for help from the consulate to the CIA station 2 miles away with calls for help from the CIA station to someone outside of Libya. There has been no reporting to support this outside of your crazy blog-o-sphere whatsoever.

And what "lie about the duration of the flight" was that? Oh, that's right, you still don't know what you're talking about so it's time for the monkey throwing feces act.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:48
Fox will be running this 24/7 despite any credibility to the claims.

FTFY

Just turn on Fox and watch them continue quoting as fact more anonymous allegations from cowards that won't stand up and be heard. They don't care because their audience never holds them responsible anyway. That and there's only a week to go and they can give a "oh golly gee, we made a boo boo" statement later... which will also be ignored.

10-28-2012, 18:49

So when you use powerlineblog to support your position it not partisan. But when I use the the very source you use it's partisan speculation.

happyguy
10-28-2012, 18:51
So when you use powerlineblog to support your position it not partisan. But when I use the the very source you use it's partisan speculation.

You are finally starting to catch on!:rofl:

Regards,

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 18:55

Powerline pointed out, quite correctly, that there's been no reporting to support that a C130 was waived off, as has been suggested. That's a point of fact and the rest is speculation. I know that's probably confusing for you but I'll just have to live with the fact that you may never understand the difference.

10-28-2012, 19:04
Powerline pointed out, quite correctly, that there's been no reporting to support that a C130 was waived off, as has been suggested. That's a point of fact and the rest is speculation. I know that's probably confusing for you but I'll just have to live with the fact that you may never understand the difference.

Whatever you say, son.

happyguy
10-28-2012, 19:04

I never claimed that a 130 was waived off.

I stated that one was available but never dispatched. You are a lunatic.

Regards,

hogship
10-28-2012, 19:15
I have to believe that someone, somewhere in the Obama administration has at least a shred of dignity, courage, or a sense of right and wrong and will see to it that the truth comes out, hopefully sooner than later.

The very fact that they aren't coming forward, no matter what they had to say, is reason to believe something is terribly wrong in the official information given to us.

If everything was exactly as we are being told, and there is nothing to see here......there would be a hundred people coming forth to put their integrity on the line, and, say so. If they can confirm what we're being told, there would be no consequences for telling the truth.

On the other hand.....If they come forward and lie about it, their reputation, careers, livelihood, and everything they hold dear could be gone in a flash, if the lies were discovered.

If they know something that doesn't jive with what we're being fed, and come forward, there is good reason to fear the consequences, and do nothing at all.....AND, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

ooc

ModGlock17
10-28-2012, 21:02

Hey, Jay Carney. You're working hard, I know. The entertainment is fabulous.

BTW, you're missed on a few threads. Check 'em again.

jdavionic
10-28-2012, 21:53
And what "lie about the duration of the flight" was that? Oh, that's right, you still don't know what you're talking about so it's time for the monkey throwing feces act.

Sorry, Flintlocker. You're entitled to your short bus ride to school each day, but you're not entitled to your own facts. The fight lasted approximately 7 hrs. Even your beloved liberal press has acknowledged that one.

PawDog
10-28-2012, 22:02

Obviously you're getting your "info" from DU. Every report I've seen and heard state the terrorist attack lasted between 7 to 8 hours, NOT "45 minutes" as you keep parroting.

The two murdered former Navy Seals died around 4:00AM, Libya time. But, you knew that didn't you? You just wanted to continue to spew the Obama propaganda and lies, which make you look extremely ignorant and uninformed. :upeyes:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/nationworld/witnesses-benghazi-attack-was-planned_2012-10-29.html

And I watched the congressional hearings in full, live the day they aired.

QNman
10-28-2012, 22:05
No matter how this is presented, the short version is one of two. Either:

1) The POTUS and/or his administration knew about this and tried to do something, but didn't do enough

- or -

2) The POtUS and/or his administration didn't know.

Either scenario is incompetence.

Face it - if this happened on W's watch, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 22:40
Obviously you're getting your "info" from DU. Every report I've seen and heard state the terrorist attack lasted between 7 to 8 hours, NOT "45 minutes" as you keep parroting.

The two murdered former Navy Seals died around 4:00AM, Libya time. But, you knew that didn't you? You just wanted to continue to spew the Obama propaganda and lies, which make you look extremely ignorant and uninformed. :upeyes:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/nationworld/witnesses-benghazi-attack-was-planned_2012-10-29.html

And I watched the congressional hearings in full, live the day they aired.

I even posted a timeline and you people are too dimwitted to figure it out.

LET ME USE BIG LETTERS AND SMALL WORDS:

CONSULATE ATTACK LASTED ABOUT 45 MINUTES

CONSULATE PEOPLE MOVE TO CIA STATION

CIA STATION ATTACKED LATER

Flintlocker
10-28-2012, 22:44
Face it - if this happened on W's watch, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

You mean like when right after 9/11 when people started inventing their own reality and claimed the government was in on it? What did you call those people... oh yeah... Truthers.

Gunnut 45/454
10-28-2012, 23:22
Flintlocker
So answer the question- why was the security detail cut - even though Stevens made 18 plus requests for continue level and beefed up security detail! The facts are if the DoS hadn't cut his detail we'd probably not be where we are at now. And please don't use the GOP cut funding BS as we all know that is not the case. DoS was fully funded there budget was actually increased by 10%. As for Rice going on national TV and lying to us there is no excuse for it and we need to know who told her to do so as they need to be fired! There is never an excuse to lie! Never.:steamed:

Blast
10-28-2012, 23:28
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/9e/0d/9e0d311b48df027b8c0a2c7567851bd7.jpg

JFrame
10-29-2012, 06:41
In regard to Hurricane Sandy, Obama issued a video message to governors in the potentially affected areas saying, "Wherever you need help -- we will be there."

I just couldn't help but think, "Yeah -- like you were in Benghazi."

QNman
10-29-2012, 08:10
You mean like when right after 9/11 when people started inventing their own reality and claimed the government was in on it? What did you call those people... oh yeah... Truthers.

What does this have to do with my question?

Those who think the government was "in on it" on 9/11/01 are called "nut jobs", not truthers. "Truthers" are the nutjobs who think Obama's birthplace still matters, whether in Hawaii or not.

aircarver
10-29-2012, 08:44
What does this have to do with my question?

Those who think the government was "in on it" on 9/11/01 are called "nut jobs", not truthers. "Truthers" are the nutjobs who think Obama's birthplace still matters, whether in Hawaii or not.
Deflection, deflection, deflection .... it's all they got .... :upeyes:

series1811
10-29-2012, 09:21
The main thing I detect from this thread, is that Obama supporters are starting to realize that the Benghazi attack and Obama's responses to it, and statements by him and his deputies afterwards, are starting to become a problem that needs to go away. :supergrin:

Now, just for the record, from the DUers, because I'm confused. Was this a pre-meditated terrorist attack, or just a spontaineous uprising over a film, where the protesters just happened to be carrying RPGs, mortars, shells, and base plates with them?

Providence
10-29-2012, 13:42
Don't ask questions! It only makes the DUers mad. They know that questions can lead to truth, and that is the last thing they want. Was it criminal or incompetence?

I'll ask another of the unanswered questions: Who instructed Susan Rice to go on the Sunday Talk Shows? Who told her to say it was because of a protest. O. Had already told CBS that it was terror. Wait... CBS didn't release that little tidbit for several weeks.

walt cowan
10-30-2012, 11:39
we have potus guilty of four counts of murder. where in the hell is the senate and congress? remember that when you go to the polls...vote against treason.

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 11:56
we have potus guilty of four counts of murder. where in the hell is the senate and congress? remember that when you go to the polls...vote against treason.

There will be plenty of people voting for BHO. :upeyes:

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 12:41
Anyone else notice the mortar tail section in some of the pics on tv.'08. :whistling:

DOC44
10-30-2012, 12:42
Anyone else notice the mortar tail section in some of the pics on tv.'08. :whistling:

YES

Doc44

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 12:46

I have noticed it. :upeyes:

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 13:37
Kinda funny how someone stated "no mortars" were used,kinda goes ta prove someone never took the oath.I'm gonna wait for a rebuttal,I got a Newcastle pony Keg.'08.

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 13:40
Mortars are easily transportable. The shells are more of a problem.

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 13:44
They were highly motivated,blood lust and such.'08.

countrygun
10-30-2012, 13:49
"Well, I told Michelle I had important business, and then I snuck down into the Choom room with the gang and they had some really intense war movie going and I was just trying to chill a bit. so I told 'em to ust forget about it,cuz it was harshing my mellow"

Flintlocker
10-30-2012, 13:53
Kinda funny how someone stated "no mortars" were used,kinda goes ta prove someone never took the oath.I'm gonna wait for a rebuttal,I got a Newcastle pony Keg.'08.

So you're saying that the consulate compound took mortar fire? I haven't seen any reporting on that. Of course, it might be reasonable to ask for more evidence than "I seen it on the tee-vee."

brickboy240
10-30-2012, 13:58
So it wasn't caused by a protest over a You Tube video?

LOL

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 14:10
Does Beghazi-Gate ring?

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 14:47
So you're saying that the consulate compound took mortar fire? I haven't seen any reporting on that. Of course, it might be reasonable to ask for more evidence than "I seen it on the tee-vee."

I take it you've never seen the tail section of an expended mortar round.I saw the pic on Fox and CNN.I'm sure CNN thought it was a car part or some such item.As ta the mortar fire do your homework,the evidence is out there.'08. :upeyes:

snerd
10-30-2012, 14:53
http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2012/10/RAMclr-103012-standdown-IBD.jpg.cms_.jpeg

Flintlocker
10-30-2012, 14:57
I take it you've never seen the tail section of an expended mortar round.I saw the pic on Fox and CNN.I'm sure CNN thought it was a car part or some such item.As ta the mortar fire do your homework,the evidence is out there.'08. :upeyes:

4 sentences, 3 fallacies, 1 keg.

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 15:03
4 sentences, 3 fallacies, 1 keg.

:bluesbrothers:

JFrame
10-30-2012, 15:14
http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2012/10/RAMclr-103012-standdown-IBD.jpg.cms_.jpeg

Ramirez nails another one... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_doubleup.gif

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 16:37
D youse seein this.'08. :crazy:

Providence
10-30-2012, 17:18

There are no infidels in Bagdad!

Cavalry Doc
10-30-2012, 18:09

Book your flight, send pics with a size reference and azimuth, and we'll help you with the crater analysis.

countrygun
11-01-2012, 19:38

You are hilarious considering NPR has cited the mortar fire and that the White House was watching it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/01/164140811/u-s-offers-new-details-of-deadly-libya-attack

jdavionic
11-01-2012, 19:44
You are hilarious considering NPR has cited the mortar fire and that the White House was watching it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/11/01/164140811/u-s-offers-new-details-of-deadly-libya-attack

LOL...some numbnuts just posted this in a new thread. Funny thing, no mention of repeated misinformation and denial by the Obama administration. Not a peep about Susan Rice coming out and lying...even though we now are discovering that Clinton knew within hours that it was a terrorist attack and knew well in advance that the threat was significant. No mention of repeated requests for improved security. No mention of who was calling the shots. And on & on.

Seems the liberal ****** bags are frantically circling the wagons around their golden boy.

countrygun
11-01-2012, 19:54
LOL...some numbnuts just posted this in a new thread. Funny thing, no mention of repeated misinformation and denial by the Obama administration. Not a peep about Susan Rice coming out and lying...even though we now are discovering that Clinton knew within hours that it was a terrorist attack and knew well in advance that the threat was significant. No mention of repeated requests for improved security. No mention of who was calling the shots. And on & on.

Seems the liberal ****** bags are frantically circling the wagons around their golden boy.

They did admit to the mortar attack, but it sounded like everyone was sitting around making excuses for doing nothing. Then Obama realized he had to be somewhere else.

DOC44
11-01-2012, 20:16
They were firing mortars... it was reported over and over that they had lit up the mortar waiting for an armed drone or 130 to take it out.... but NOBODY pulled the trigger or pushed the button.

Doc44

countrygun
11-01-2012, 20:27
They were firing mortars... it was reported over and over that they had lit up the mortar waiting for an armed drone or 130 to take it out.... but NOBODY pulled the trigger or pushed the button.

Doc44

I gues featherlicker had its fingers in its ears. Denial of the obvious is such an ugly thing.

kirgi08
11-01-2012, 22:45
:animlol:

Kinda funny that NPR outted him and "poof" he's gone.'08.

ModGlock17
11-01-2012, 23:01

Doc44

Somebody named Carter Ham tried and got fired...

We'll change that. Squatters are going to take their last ride on AF1 comes January.

Flintlocker
11-01-2012, 23:04

You do realize that the consulate compound and the CIA annex are not at the same location... don't you?

Of course it doesn't make much difference because after Mitt wins his LANDSLIDE he'll put Obama in Guantanamo and water board the truth out of his lyin' ass. WOOT!

Glockenspiel 25
11-01-2012, 23:11
This Benghazi thing is really old...G.W. Bush also knew of the 9/11 attack before it happened...um..yeah..? Haven't any of you dimwits ever read "The Prince.." (Probably not since its not a requirement to go past the 8th grade in the South), but I digress...Leaders let catastrophes happen, it allows their base to rally around them whenever they make the decision to retaliate. Although yet again, you "good ole' boys" wouldn't know that because you all agreed to invade a sovereign nation behind a tool from Texas on misinformation (WMD's), when a GREAT leader made the tough decision to send in the Seals to get Bin Laden...lol, I can't wait to come on this board on Tuesday night...

Armchair Commando
11-01-2012, 23:28
This Benghazi thing is really old...G.W. Bush also knew of the 9/11 attack before it happened...um..yeah..? Haven't any of you dimwits ever read "The Prince.." (Probably not since its not a requirement to go past the 8th grade in the South), but I digress...Leaders let catastrophes happen, it allows their base to rally around them whenever they make the decision to retaliate. Although yet again, you "good ole' boys" wouldn't know that because you all agreed to invade a sovereign nation behind a tool from Texas on misinformation (WMD's), when a GREAT leader made the tough decision to send in the Seals to get Bin Laden...lol, I can't wait to come on this board on Tuesday night...

Its not going to go away either. Deal with it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

concretefuzzynuts
11-01-2012, 23:39

Go change yer tampon.

concretefuzzynuts
11-01-2012, 23:42
You do realize that the consulate compound and the CIA annex are not at the same location... don't you?

Of course it doesn't make much difference because after Mitt wins his LANDSLIDE he'll put Obama in Guantanamo and water board the truth out of his lyin' ass. WOOT!

You have serious mental issues. I mean beyond being a liberal.

winglock
11-02-2012, 00:38
Of course it doesn't make much difference because after Mitt wins his LANDSLIDE he'll put Obama in Guantanamo and water board the truth out of his lyin' ass. WOOT![/QUOTE]

His lyin butt should've been waterboarded when he was running for election in 08. If it was he would've never been president and we wouldn't be in as bad a shape as we are.

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 00:48
You have serious mental issues. I mean beyond being a liberal.

I thought you got banned. Well, anyone that would complain about Obama being put in Guantanamo probably should be.

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 00:49
His lyin butt should've been waterboarded when he was running for election in 08. If it was he would've never been president and we wouldn't be in as bad a shape as we are.

Yup. His reign of error should be over in about 4 days.

kirgi08
11-02-2012, 01:36
:fishing:

Youse find the mortar tail section yet.'08.

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 01:46
:fishing:

Youse find the mortar tail section yet.'08.

tagged.

kirgi08
11-02-2012, 01:51
n00bs. :upeyes:

You challenged and you lost.

Bon chance.

DOC44
11-02-2012, 03:44
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/7592307410_a748852301_b.jpg
TOOL

On Sept. 11, scores of men with automatic weapons and RPGs launched a night assault on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and set the building ablaze. Using mortars, they launched a collateral attack on a safe house, killing two more Americans, as other U.S. agents fled to the airport.

snip...........
Looking back, Carney and Rice appear to have been used by their superiors.

Carney would never have gone out to speculate on his own about what happened in Benghazi. His line on Sept. 14 had to have been fed to him by the White House chief of staff, Donilon, Obama or all of them.

As for Rice, someone contacted those five TV networks to put her on. And the party line she delivered — the opposite of the truth — had to have been fed to her, almost word for word — by Donilon or the chief of staff.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/behind-the-benghazi-cover-up/

Doc44

jdavionic
11-02-2012, 05:25
The American people simply demand answers. The liberals and trolls in GT are attempting to spin this into a defense of why the administration did nothing. That's not the point.

On 9/11, we had an attack that cost 4 American lives. We were repeatedly told that this incident was a response to a video. We know that is lie. So America deserves to know the truth.

Why were repeated requests for improved security denied? Who reviewed and denied these requests? Why were they denied?

The VP and POTUS claim to have no knowledge that terrorists were involved. So who did know? And who was calling the shots while the incident was unfolding?

Susan Rice went on 5 major Sunday talk shows 5 days after the incident and cited that the attacks were a response to a video, based on their best intelligence data at that time. We now know that was a lie. Who instructed her to make that lie? Same is true for Carney. Same is true for Clinton. Who told these people to spread the same lie? Why were they instructed to lie?

Details of the incident itself are unclear. Why is the administration unwilling to lay out the detailed timeline?

Mistakes were obviously made...going all the way back to denying requests for improved security. Four Americans lost their lives and American sovereignty was attacked. Americans deserve answers from what was promised to be "the most transparent administration" this country has ever seen.

Bren
11-02-2012, 05:32

Apparently, flintlocker doesn't just fail in his own threads. Never have we had a leftist troll who was so bad at supporting his side.:rofl:

Cavalry Doc
11-02-2012, 06:13
Apparently, flintlocker doesn't just fail in his own threads. Never have we had a leftist troll who was so bad at supporting his side.:rofl:

He's done a lot to shore up support for Romney though.

Wasn't he barking about how bad it is to flip-flop earlier?

It's just a very simple lack of integrity.

QNman
11-02-2012, 07:37

Man, I thought the BDS would have subsided by now. Of course, Obama's constant derision of Bush keeps the symptoms going a little, but sheesh.

So if Obama let this happen so he could retaliate, why isn't he... You know, retaliating?

All he's doing is spinning yarn after yarn about what happened, acting the poor fool who hasn't gotten any facts yet and all that. Was his cell battery dead that day? Can a President be so out of touch, that our embassy and CIA safe house can be under fire for SEVEN HOURS and he didn't even know? I can barely take a weekend off because I am way too easy to get ahold of, but the President isn't?

If this is just political game, he's playing it wrong. He's either wrong for not sending help, or he's incompetent for being so out of touch.

It's been EIGHT WEEKS. Why is it so hard to get any facts?

concretefuzzynuts
11-02-2012, 10:02
I thought you got banned. Well, anyone that would complain about Obama being put in Guantanamo probably should be.

You thought wrong. As usual.

Baba Louie
11-02-2012, 10:45
Did the Syrian Rebels (made up of Al-Q and Muzzy Bros) fighting the evil Putin/Iran backed Assad regime get the containers full of Libyan weapons through the Turks that called the meeting with Smith in the first place, or not? :dunno:

I mean, THAT is what is important here. Not a few expendable gang raped American lives or believing that the CinC did a coverup while running for re-election. That stuff happens every day... ya know?

Ooooh (Praise be to Allah) A Bad storm in the Northeast. Quick everyone, Look over there. :whistling:

Never let a good crisis go to waste. CYA and lie lie lie, because most of our fine citizens will believe anything their betters tell them. (I know I do. :upeyes:)

Machiavelli's The Prince is good reading as is Sun Tzu's The Art of War (better than Mach's AoW methinks).

The Real Answer is we'll never know the "Truth" no matter who wins or loses next week. Beltway Bidness as usual.

p.s. I thought Flint was the plucky comic relief here... kinda like Gecko45 was back in the day (ah the good old GT days).

Providence
11-02-2012, 15:10
The Syria connection could be damming. But there are so many possible story-lines because the WH keeps lying.

series1811
11-02-2012, 16:45

It's a little unsettling. Watching someone have a mental breakdown, right before your eyes. Well, it would be if he were more charming or lovable. :supergrin:

jpeto
11-02-2012, 17:57
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/mobile/news/2012/11/ap-timeline-libya-benghazi-rescue-110212

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 20:00

I clearly said, and you can check above, that mortars were only fired on the CIA annex and not on the consulate compound. Every report I've read backs this up. Feel free to post any information to the contrary.

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 20:02
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/mobile/news/2012/11/ap-timeline-libya-benghazi-rescue-110212

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the link.

I wonder how the wingnuts will play this since it doesn't fit in with their preferred narrative.

happyguy
11-02-2012, 20:06
Thanks for the link.

I wonder how the wingnuts will play this since it doesn't fit in with their preferred narrative.

And I bet you believed Nixon's story too.

Regards,

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 20:11
And I bet you believed Nixon's story too.

Regards,

I see a theme: aliens land in Roswell, moon landing was a hoax, Benghazi was an inside job.

happyguy
11-02-2012, 20:26
First, aid the living.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/331125/first-aid-living-bing-west

Four Americans are dead because your guy was asleep at his post. Play all the little games you want, it doesn't change a thing.

Regards,

happyguy
11-02-2012, 20:30
I see a theme: aliens land in Roswell, moon landing was a hoax, Benghazi was an inside job.

:yawn::dunno:

Regards,

Flintlocker
11-02-2012, 20:32
First, aid the living.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/331125/first-aid-living-bing-west

Four Americans are dead because your guy was asleep at his post. Play all the little games you want, it doesn't change a thing.

Regards,

Well, you guys have your narrative and no amount of new or accurate information is going to change it. The reason for this is that you think it's a good strategy to politic on the graves of 4 dead Americans to get Romney elected.

janice6
11-02-2012, 20:44
It makes no difference where Obama was, he did nothing.

countrygun
11-02-2012, 20:57
Thanks for the link.

Probably like "It was a spontanious riot caused by outrage over an internet video"

you know, the narrative the Administration tried to peddle.

happyguy
11-03-2012, 03:49
http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/the-smoking-gun-of-the-benghazi-cover-up/

Pat has a few questions:

1. Hillary Clinton said she takes full responsibility for any security failure by her department at the Benghazi compound. But what does that mean? Did she see the Aug. 16 secret cable sent to her by Stevens describing his perilous situation? Was she oblivious to the battle in her department over security in Benghazi?

2. Why has Hillary not explained her inaction – or stepped down?

3. When did Obama learn that State was following the Benghazi attack in real time, that camera-carrying drones were over the city that night, that a seven-hour battle was fought, and that desperate cries for help were being turned down? The CIA had to know all this. Did Tom Donilon of the NSC not know it? Did he not tell the president?

Five days after Benghazi, Susan Rice went on five national TV shows to say the attack was a spontaneous protest over an anti-Muslim video.

4. Did the president not know she was talking nonsense? Could he himself have still been clueless about what went on in Benghazi?

Regards,