Glock 36 slide lock release lever [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 36 slide lock release lever

mrsig
10-28-2012, 19:05
I just purchased a new 36 and the slide lock release lever is nearly impossible disengage. I have disassembled, took the lever out and adjusted etc. slightly better but still very hard to release slide. Ideas or do I need gunsmith help?

Little Joe
10-28-2012, 20:16
I have the same issue with my 36. It goes a little easier with a full mag in the well, but not by much. Unfortunately, there isn't a reliable aftermarket extended slide lock lever. I'll be interested to see if anybody has a fix.

rlcoy58
10-29-2012, 03:07
You can use a factory extended slide stop/release. I did on mine and a friends G36,you have to file the pad that hits the mag. follower to the match the profile of the original stop/release,it works.

Little Joe
10-29-2012, 21:48
You can use a factory extended slide stop/release. I did on mine and a friends G36,you have to file the pad that hits the mag. follower to the match the profile of the original stop/release,it works.

Thanks for that. I'll give that a go. I see exactly what you are saying. Piece of cake.

GotFour
10-30-2012, 06:48
Glockmeister sells these if you don't want to do it yourself.........

http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmeister-Extended-Slide-Stop-Lever-G36/productinfo/GMSSL36/

CaptainXL
10-30-2012, 10:02
I have had a Lone Wolf on my G36 for a few years and have never had a problem with it. This is the first time I've heard of anyone having a problem with an extended slide release of any brand.