3rd Gen 22C or 4th Gen 22 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen 22C or 4th Gen 22

FZR600KID
10-29-2012, 03:37
I am currently working for a Security Company and get LEO discount on glocks through a local dealer. I am wanting to upgrade from a 3rd Gen 23C to a full size 22, but I am stuck between the 2 mention in the title ( 3rd gen 22c or 4th 22).

The pros of the 4th gen are it is not ammo sensitive like my C model is ( it wont fire cheaper federal, even says it wont on the box) and I would be able to compete on an more even playing field with IDPA. The magazine release is also larger and easier with my small hands ( still not like as much as Hk45 or P30 but half the price).

The C models though, I love the reduction in muzzle flip. I hated that about the normal gen 3 22s, which would be a big advantage if I had to ever use my weapon.

Opinions?

DannyR
10-29-2012, 03:52
Go for the Gen4. The dual recoil spring assembly helps reduce recoil.

BuckyP
10-29-2012, 05:23
Have yet to fire a GEN 4, so can't comment on that. We have a 23C and 22C. I have a non C barrel for the 22C and personally don't use the C barrel anymore, though the wife does on occasion.

The pros of the 4th gen are it is not ammo sensitive like my C model is ( it wont fire cheaper federal, even says it wont on the box) and I would be able to compete on an more even playing field with IDPA.

The C models are not allowed in any division of IDPA, unless you use a non ported barrel.

10-29-2012, 08:36
hated my g22...loved my g22c and my g32c....buy the c model and if you want to take advantage of a dual spring rsa, go buy one from efk firedragon....or if you want a triple spring rsa, get a dpm recoil rod....