You know.... you really have to hand it to Romney [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : You know.... you really have to hand it to Romney

Sporaticus
10-29-2012, 10:18
He has battled from behind all along. He went into the debates, outnumbered, with the deck stacked against him. And he won. He has constantly gone against the odds, and just kept plugging along. And now it looks like against all odds, he is going to pull it off.

As far as Ohio is concerned. They have 1 republican Senator, and a republican governor. I don't think it's as close as a lot of people are pretending.

I just hope Dick Morris is right.

janice6
10-29-2012, 10:40
A successful business man has learned how to manage his resources. Versus squandering them, as being done now by a community organizer.

If you want protests in the streets, hire a community organizer. If you want a well run business hire a businessman.

Sporaticus
10-29-2012, 11:17
Chicago styled politics don't seem to be working this time. It's hard to constantly attack and disparage a better man, and never offer any plans, and expect to win. More of the same doesn't seem to be working.

FNC is reporting that Romney is now ahead in Ohio. Rasmussen poll.

Paul7
10-29-2012, 11:34
Mitt is a FAR better candidate than McCain was, he is more articulate, has useful real-world experience, and is smarter. Mitt got his MBA and law degree at Harvard at the same time, McCain finished near the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy, and it wouldn't surprise me if he got in on his famous admiral father's coattails.

brickboy240
10-29-2012, 13:06
Not only has Mitt had to battle from behind but other that Fox News and a few AM talk radio programs, he has had to fight almost all of the American media outlets (tv, radio, magazines, movies and newspapers) as well.

A virtual wall of opposition that either ignores Obama's shortfalls or plays them up as positives.

Then you have Obama's campaign team and their dirty handed Chicago styled tactics. Another huge hurtle.

So yeah, considering all the B S that Mitt has had to fight against...he is doing amazingly well.

countrygun
10-29-2012, 14:29
In the back of my mind I have been pondering a striking difference between the Obama base of '08 and the Romney base of '12.

This may seem obvious to some, but I don't think all have caught it yet.

What did Obama's "Base" do with their "Post Election" enthusiasm? A huge chunk of them spent their "entitlement checks" with more enthusiasm maybe? His base was the spenders of money (usually someone elses) but they were not the creators of wealth. That second group has held back for four years.

Romney supporters, with enthusiasm for his win, are going to have a much greater positive effect on the economy because they are the creators of wealth.

This may account for the absolute panic among those Dems who's IQs almost reach room temperature. They realize what the contrast between the takers and spenders, and the creators will mean to the "entitlement" base they have. We will have a very clear comparison to make, and it scares the takers.

concretefuzzynuts
10-29-2012, 14:32
And now... enter Featherlicker or some other troll.

aircarver
10-29-2012, 15:26
.... Romney supporters, with enthusiasm for his win, are going to have a much greater positive effect on the economy because they are the creators of wealth ...

In Ayn Rand terms: John Galt will be unleashed ... :supergrin: