10/29 Rasmussen Poll, OH: Romney 50%, Barry 48% [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10/29 Rasmussen Poll, OH: Romney 50%, Barry 48%

Paul7
10-29-2012, 10:37
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/ohio/election_2012_ohio_president

:thumbsup:

cowboy1964
10-29-2012, 10:47
O only won Ohio by like 4.6% four years ago and that was with all the hopey changey feel good stuff and the large black/young turnout and the lousy McCain campaign. It's not hard to believe Mitt could win Ohio by 3-4%.

Cavalry Doc
10-29-2012, 10:50
Only one poll counts. I wouldn't bet on any outcome at the moment.

Sporaticus
10-29-2012, 16:31
Ohio has a republican governor and one republican senator. And Kasich wasn't the classic RINO that the northern liberal states usually elect. I don't think Ohio is as close as many are guessing.

The way Dick Morris counts, the real numbers are 52% to 48%

Providence
10-29-2012, 16:38
The trend is toward Romney, but I think it will come down to who is motivated to vote. I hope the Repubs in Ohio can get out the Romney vote.

ModGlock17
10-29-2012, 16:52
They said 1/3 already voted and O out R by 2 to 1, that is 2/3 to 1/3 of the one third who voted. I don't know how accurate this can be if you can't count until next Tues!

In any case, O and R already got 2/9 and 1/9, respectively, of the whole voting population.

What does R has to do to overcome that ? He has to get 1/9 more votes in the remaining population. That means R has to win by roughly 10% of the remaining population to overcome the voted deficit.

Cavalry Doc
10-29-2012, 17:26
They said 1/3 already voted and O out R by 2 to 1, that is 2/3 to 1/3 of the one third who voted. I don't know how accurate this can be if you can't count until next Tues!

In any case, O and R already got 2/9 and 1/9, respectively, of the whole voting population.

What does R has to do to overcome that ? He has to get 1/9 more votes in the remaining population. That means R has to win by roughly 10% of the remaining population to overcome the voted deficit.

OK, so if you live in Ohio, or you know anyone in Ohio, call them and do what it takes to talk some sense into them. Talk them into voting against Barry.

I've called all my family, the wife has called all of hers (all in OH) and we have tried to be convincing.

I'll pay for plane tickets to my youngest child's graduation in June next year, and my older daughter's wedding (next summer), but only for the Romney voters. Barry voters can still come, but only at their own expense, and only if they arrange for their own lodging and ground transportation. They also have to bring take out to the wedding reception, and the bar is a cash bar for them, open for Romney voters.

If you think I am kidding you are wrong. It was priceless hearing my wife delivering this information to her mother last night. Funny thing is, my wife was more strict and passionate about it than I would have been. Her mother voted for barry, but figured that someone would have shot him by now..... :faint: Wish I was kidding about that.

I'm all about peaceful transitions of power, and if she wants to hitch hike to Texas from East Liverpool OH, she can vote for Barry.

My parents were more reasonable. But they didn't have to change their minds.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/CavDoc-3.gif

Kirishiac
10-29-2012, 17:31
The two largest democratic counties in Ohio have early democrat voting down 17% and 23% compared to 2008. With early voting in 2008 McCain was down by a 20pt margin and lost Ohio in a smaller margin compared to the national average. Depending on which article you read Obama's lead in early voting is 7-13 as of last week. With more people considering themselves republican this time around and Ohio being a little redder than national average, I believe Romney wins it. Also, in every poll (even the +7-12 D) Romney has a big advantage in I's.

ModGlock17
10-29-2012, 17:39
OK, so if you live in Ohio, or you know anyone in Ohio, call them and do what it takes to talk some sense into them. Talk them into voting against Barry.

I've called all my family, the wife has called all of hers (all in OH) and we have tried to be convincing.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/CavDoc-3.gif

I've done something for the first time, tap into affiliated church directories in OH and WI.

We should do email about Benghazi story. It's the story that wrenches the hearts of true Americans, regardless of party. It begs at our commonality rather than our differences. The only way to overcome this activity is for the President to have news conference to argue his case.

PM me if you want the text to send to your contacts.

Sam Spade
10-29-2012, 19:50
It's good news, but the poll is still within the margin of fraud.

G29Reload
10-29-2012, 19:55
It's good news, but the poll is still within the margin of fraud.

This. At this stage of the game, i have no doubt Obama has called Broken Arrow and thrown every last rule overboard to be broken at will, if no one's looking, do it. Tampering with machines, dead folks voting, registration fraud, ballot box stuffing, whatever can be done, will. At this point he has nothing to lose but AF1.

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 13:17
The trend is definitely toward Romney. Day by day, he gets more support.

jeanderson
10-30-2012, 13:25

I'm in Ohio and everyone I know is voting Romney. Wife has had serious talks with everyday people in grocery stores, shopping mall, paper delivery guy, etc. - pulls them aside and gives them an earful about Obama. She has converted several who just aren't getting the real news about how bad Obama is. All are clueless about what Obamacare is going to do to them - next year, of course.

If the media weren't so in the tank for Obama and told the whole truth, the polls would have Romney up 15 points in Ohio and at least 20 nationally.

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 13:26
Go OH, my home state!

Cavalry Doc
10-30-2012, 18:19
I'm in Ohio and everyone I know is voting Romney. Wife has had serious talks with everyday people in grocery stores, shopping mall, paper delivery guy, etc. - pulls them aside and gives them an earful about Obama. She has converted several who just aren't getting the real news about how bad Obama is. All are clueless about what Obamacare is going to do to them - next year, of course.

If the media weren't so in the tank for Obama and told the whole truth, the polls would have Romney up 15 points in Ohio and at least 20 nationally.

Good for her. Looks like you picked well.