Military chain of command question... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Military chain of command question...

railfancwb
10-29-2012, 16:39
General Ham has been relieved of his duties and is being replaced - gossip says for refusal to stand down as ordered in the Benghazi mess.

Obama etc claim not to have know anything about Benghazi for hours if not days after it went down.

So...who ordered the General to stand down, who ordered him relieved of his command, and who ordered him replaced? Obama? SecDef? Joint Chief? Hillary? Biden? Who?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Kablam
10-29-2012, 17:01
It sounds like maybe he just resigned...because the administration is full of lying putzes who finally got somebody killed (besides the soldiers in the wars)???

Jay9928
10-29-2012, 17:02
God damn you Obama. God damn you.

G29Reload
10-29-2012, 17:15
I think General Ham needs to hold a press conference.

Lockback
10-29-2012, 17:17
I think General Ham needs to hold a press conference.

I would concur wholeheartedly.

Cavalry Doc
10-29-2012, 17:41
I would really like to hear Gen. Ham's account, preferably around Thursday of this week.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/CavDoc-2.gif

Gunnut 45/454
10-29-2012, 18:35
Well he will not put his retirement in jeparody until it's official. Usually takes 30-60 days before its official so don't hold your breath. But I'm sure if he has any integrity we'll hear alot from him. Unless he meets an untimely death before hand? Watch your back General!:whistling: As we all know this Admin isn't above putting those that threaten it 6 ft under!:steamed:

Cavalry Doc
10-29-2012, 18:38
Well he will not put his retirement in jeparody until it's official. Usually takes 30-60 days before its official so don't hold your breath. But I'm sure if he has any integrity we'll hear alot from him. Unless he meets an untimely death before hand? Watch your back General!:whistling: As we all know this Admin isn't above putting those that threaten it 6 ft under!:steamed:

Retirement in jeopardy? BS. Unless convicted of high crimes, he'll get his retirement.

I doubt that is his biggest concern. Not for a warrior anyway.

I would love to hear what he has to say about it.

Providence
10-29-2012, 18:42
Thursday would be great! But I wouldn't think would say anything until he is officially retired. But I so much want the truth to come out. Even if all my suspicions turned out to be unfounded, I still want to know the truth. Gen. Ham could really shed some light on the subject.

cowboy1964
10-29-2012, 19:35
I'd wait for a few more facts before jumping on this one. From what I'm reading he is simply saying he just never received any order to help. Quite different from he was told NOT to go in.

railfancwb
10-29-2012, 19:44
I'd wait for a few more facts before jumping on this one. From what I'm reading he is simply saying he just never received any order to help. Quite different from he was told NOT to go in.

So, if this is true, why is he gone? Failure to follow a non-order?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Gunnut 45/454
10-29-2012, 22:58
railfancwb
If he in fact resigned his commision, he could have done it for personal reasons, he lost faith in those above him. Refused to take the fall for others incompotence. Could be facing charges? Tons of reasons. As the theater commander he was/is responsible for military personel. So if the order was given to assist in the defense of the consilate and he didn't do it hes resonsible. But if Cowboy is correct and the order was never given by CinC( Obamamoa) it's not his fualt. The Admin has the audio tapes from the SEALS they need to release them so we can find out who exactly said to standdown. I'll bet money it came directly form the NSC ie White House.:steamed:

Snowman92D
10-29-2012, 23:42
To some extent, a general always has to face politics and, in the end, our military is subject to civilian command. But this officer deserves to have his story heard.

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 01:06
tagged.

ModGlock17
10-30-2012, 05:28
railfancwb
..... But if Cowboy is correct and the order was never given by Cincpac( Obamamoa) it's not his fualt. The Admin has the audio tapes from the SEALS they need to release them so we can find out who exactly said to standdown. I'll bet money it came directly form the NSC ie White House.:steamed:

Very few responsible people would just sit there and let your own die without doing anything. It fits that he tried. Basic human decency would cause one to try, and you can't rise to the rank of general through years of command by letting men die alone.

The story, although a rumor, is so believable. A rumor will become truth, given time.

walt cowan
10-30-2012, 06:57
is this a start of a military coup? if so, there is hope for this country.

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 12:15
BHO deserves more than electoral defeat.

Gunnut 45/454
10-30-2012, 15:08
ModGlock17
Yep the General could have ordered a security team into the fight without Obamamoa's permission and then been Courts Marshaled soon afterwards. I wouldn't have held it against him if he had. But I garentee he would have been Courts Marshaled. Can't have rouge Generals going to battle without the Coward's permission now can we!:whistling:

kirgi08
10-30-2012, 16:25
He woulda skated,defending American lives is our job.'08.

FFR Spyder GT
10-30-2012, 17:02
Watch your back General!:whistling: As we all know this Admin isn't above putting those that threaten it 6 ft under!:steamed:

Name one person.

Cavalry Doc
10-30-2012, 18:30
Name one person.

Have you seen the complete kill list?