Talk me out of blowing some money at GlockStore... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Talk me out of blowing some money at GlockStore...

raindog17
10-29-2012, 20:33
I'm thinking of buying beavertails and polymer magwells for my G19 and G17. The G19 is carry...not sure if the magwell adds any appreciable width.

The main attraction is faster/surer grip (both) and the beveled edge for faster magazine change (magwell).

I'm thinking these are pretty small changes and it's not like the guns don't work great without 'em...but you know...it's fun to Glock out sometimes...

Thoughts?

19crew
10-29-2012, 21:00
It's not going to put you into debt, do it.

philpac33
10-29-2012, 21:52
Myself, I wouldn't put the enlarged magwell on my EDC, my 19 conceals well with my body type/holster(s)/positioning combo, even under a standard T-shirt and one of those magwells would change that. As for the Grip Force beavertail adapter- go for it. I'm going to get one to try out for $hits and giggles. They snap on and off quickly and easily so if it doesn't feel right, take it off. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

raindog17
10-29-2012, 22:34
Phil, that was actually my thinking as well. Though in a way, it's actually more useful on the carry gun since it helps mag switching. The G17 is my bedside gun and if something goes bump in the night, I am probably not going to go investigate carrying a spare mag, whereas when I carry my G19 I always have one.

But I was thinking as you do about printing.

GThirtyTwo
10-30-2012, 13:09
I wouldn't put a magwell on a carry gun, even if it was flush.