**GALLUP SHOCK** Romney Up 52-45% Among Early Voters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : **GALLUP SHOCK** Romney Up 52-45% Among Early Voters

DOC44
10-29-2012, 20:35
**GALLUP SHOCK** Romney Up 52-45% Among Early Voters

Very early on, before this campaign started in earnest, live or die, I publicly cast my lot with Gallup and Rasmussen. As a poll addict going back to 2000, these are the outlets that have always played it straight. It's got nothing to do with politics and everything to do with credibility and not wanting to kid myself. So when an outlet like Gallup tells me Romney is up seven-points, 52-45%, among those who have already voted, that's very big news.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/29/Gallup-Shock-Romney-Up-7-with-early-voters

Doc44

sheriff733
10-29-2012, 20:54
Like it

Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof.

CourtCop
10-29-2012, 21:00
What do the numbers look like in Ohio? The whole election is going be decided there. Last I heard Obama, unfortunately, had something like a 2-1 advantage in early voting in Ohio.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Armchair Commando
10-29-2012, 21:03
What do the numbers look like in Ohio? The whole election is going be decided there. Last I heard Obama, unfortunately, had something like a 2-1 advantage in early voting in Ohio.

Rasmussen has romney 50% obama 48% in Ohio

sheriff733
10-29-2012, 21:04

Actually, Romney can still win without Ohio. He needs Wisconsin in that scenario, however.

To answer your question, he's up 50%-48% IIRC.

IvanVic
10-30-2012, 04:18
=)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Brucev
10-30-2012, 05:27
Up? Down? It doesn't matter. What matters is who counts the votes. As shown with franken and other demokrats, what matters is who counts the ballots. In areas where the demokrats control the election process, it is not possible to think that the ballots will be counted as cast. There is to much at stake. What the polls say is irrelevant to the result, just like the ballots cast. Those who do the counting will decide everything. And if demokrats do the counting in ohio, demokrats will count the ballots for the squatter. It's that simple. Goes down hard. But, that's the way it is.

CitizenOfDreams
10-30-2012, 05:38
Up? Down? It doesn't matter. What matters is who counts the votes.

Comrade Stalin approves your post!

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/trubchyk/30382864/215889/original.jpg

DonGlock26
10-30-2012, 06:05
Get to the polls and vote this loser out!

aircarver
10-30-2012, 06:22
Give him 10,000 volts ! ... :supergrin:

pugman
10-30-2012, 06:29
Actually, Romney can still win without Ohio. He needs Wisconsin in that scenario, however.

To answer your question, he's up 50%-48% IIRC.

Unfortunately, a lifelong Wisconsinite here. My nonGallup poll, totally unscientific assessment.

Lots and Lots of Romney/Ryan signs up and down the 94EW corridor from Milwaukee to Madison. I honestly don't notice one for O.

Radio ads? I have no numbers to support this but have an hour commute to and from work and flip between radio stations as they play commercials; I listen to a radio 9+ hours a day at work and can tell you I'm willing to bet at least half the ads on the radio if not more are political in nature.

I work in a very liberal environment and for the largest health insurance provider in the country. I would say based on my impression poll it favors Obama - again, its the environment I work in but I would say the O slant isn't as heavy as I would have thought.

We reconfirmed Walker as Governor in the recall election - not only did we have more Wisconsinites vote but he won by a slightly larger margin of 7% over the 6% in 2010. However, this was really a localized backlash at the greedy public employees union. Unfortunately, most Wisconsinites I know can't connect the dots from state to national politics.

I feel Wisconsin will be close...but O will win. Again, lived here my entire life and most Wisconsinites simply aren't smart enough to see the bigger picture or look more than two weeks into the future.

JBnTX
10-30-2012, 06:30
That gap will widen in the coming days.

robertoh
10-30-2012, 06:57
Live in W.C.Ohio and this area helped give Bush the 90,000 voteshe needed to beat Kerry,and I expect to see the western third of Ohio to go to Romney. The Romney vs Obama yard signs run about 5 to 1 around here.

pugman
10-30-2012, 06:59
Give him 10,000 volts ! ... :supergrin:

I recently ran a Tough Mudder...trust me 10,000 volts is not enough juice...

I took it three times in the final obstacle. Sure, it will knock you on your a** and you will be momentarily dazed and confused but its not enough juice.

Now, ramp that up to 50,000 and now we are talking

robertoh
10-30-2012, 07:05
There is also the "herd or crowd" phenomenon were undeceided voters sometimes vote for the perceived leader in an election because they don't want to have to say they voted for the looser.If Romney's poll lead holds he may just pick up these votes also.On the other hand it may just be the undeceided are just sick and tired of Obama.I hope it's the latter.

ModGlock17
10-30-2012, 07:37

It's the Current (Amp) that kills/fries, not the Voltage. Voltage will tingle the nerve endings, but it is the ampage that fries tissue.

Stunt guns don't have a whole of current behind it, mostly voltage. Just 10,000volts at 1amp (10 kiloWatts) can sufficiently fry tissues.

series1811
10-30-2012, 07:41

I took it three times in the final obstacle. Sure, it will knock you on your a** and you will be momentarily dazed and confused but its not enough juice.

I don't know. I watched 7000 volts blow a man's arm off one time when he got hooked up in a distribution line. It's not just the volts, its the amps, too.

DOC44
10-30-2012, 08:15
I don't know. I watched 7000 volts blow a man's arm off one time when he got hooked up in a distribution line. It's not just the volts, its the amps, too.

It ain't the volts that really count.... its the AMPS.

Doc44

sheriff733
10-30-2012, 08:21
Thread title.

**GALLUP SHOCK** Romney Up 52-45% Among Early Voters

Most recent post:

It ain't tphe volts that really count.... its the AMPS.

Doc44

How does this happen?!

:supergrin:

muscogee
10-30-2012, 08:47
http://www.classroomhelp.com/lessons/Presidents/presimages/truman_deweywins.jpg

series1811
10-30-2012, 08:48

Doc44

You still have to have some volts to push the amps, or nothing happens. :supergrin:

DOC44
10-30-2012, 08:53
You still have to have some volts to push the amps, or nothing happens. :supergrin:

TRUE, but it is confusing to people when they hear 45,000 volts. It will fry you..... but you can take 45,000 volts at a few milliamps and it shocks you but 45,000 volts at 20 amps one becomes a crispy critter.

Doc44

cowboywannabe
10-30-2012, 09:01
dont hold your breath, ohio went for obama head over heels in '08.

aircarver
10-30-2012, 09:02
Google 'electric chair voltage. Standard is 2000 Volts.

series1811
10-30-2012, 09:08
TRUE, but it is confusing to people when they hear 45,000 volts. It will fry you..... but you can take 45,000 volts at a few milliamps and it shocks you but 45,000 volts at 20 amps one becomes a crispy critter.

Doc44

The way it was explained to me the summer I worked for a power company was that volts was like pressure, and amps was like flow, and ohms was the resistance to that pressure and flow (or something like that, it's been 35 years :supergrin:).

Take enough volts, and anything, even glass, rubber, wood, human bodies, etc. will conduct electricity. Also, amps will kill you, but it is the resistance (ohms) of your body to the volts that causes chunks of you to blow apart (and, I did see that happen with my own eyes). And, if there is not enough pressure (volts) to overcome the resistence (ohms) of your body so that it will conduct electricity, amps do nothing.

I'm sure an electrical engineer could polish this up and make it make more sense. :supergrin:

DOC44
10-30-2012, 09:09
Google 'electric chair voltage. Standard is 2000 Volts.

at about 8 amps....

2000 volts X 8 amps = 16000 watts

Doc44

aircarver
10-30-2012, 09:20
The way it was explained to me the summer I worked for a power company was that volts was like pressure, and amps was like flow, and ohms was the resistance to that pressure and flow (or something like that, it's been 35 years :supergrin:).

Close enough for DC circuits :thumbsup:

Take enough volts, and anything, even glass, rubber, wood, human bodies, etc. will conduct electricity. Also, amps will kill you, but it is the resistance (ohms) of your body to the volts that causes chunks of you to blow apart (and, I did see that happen with my own eyes). And, if there is not enough pressure (volts) to overcome the resistence (ohms) of your body so that it will conduct electricity, amps do nothing.

The blowing apart is a steam explosion caused by instant heating. Fortunately, this is more commonly seen in trees with wet heartwood, which are struck by lightning... The lightning takes the path of least resistance (wet) flashes into steam, and blows the tree in half ... :alex:

series1811
10-30-2012, 09:28
The blowing apart is a steam explosion caused by instant heating.

That makes sense. I had to carry the guy who lost his arm about a hundred yards to a truck to take him to the hospital and he felt like a roast just taken out of the oven he was so hot.

It is amazing the damage the human body can take and survive. I watched this guy arc for about fifteen seconds and was sure he was dead, but he lived.

gwalchmai
10-30-2012, 11:06
It's the Current (Amp) that kills/fries, not the Voltage. Voltage will tingle the nerve endings, but it is the ampage that fries tissue.

Stunt guns don't have a whole of current behind it, mostly voltage. Just 10,000volts at 1amp (10 kiloWatts) can sufficiently fry tissues.

Doc44Actually, boys, it's the WATTS. ;)

QNman
10-30-2012, 11:08
http://www.classroomhelp.com/lessons/Presidents/presimages/truman_deweywins.jpg

The difference being Truman was the underdog with the momentum; not Dewey.

Oops.

gwalchmai
10-30-2012, 11:12
The difference being Truman was the underdog with the momentum; not Dewey. There are lot of other differences between Truman and Obama.

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 11:15
LIKE TO HEAR IT! A PRO-GUN POTUS in the lead.

aircarver
10-30-2012, 11:15
There are lot of other differences between Truman and Obama.

...Like the sign on his desk ? ... :supergrin:

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 11:18
...Like the sign on his desk ? ... :supergrin:

Wasn't Truman pro-gun?

G29Reload
10-30-2012, 11:46

It only takes 1/10th of an amp to kill you. Whatever voltage drives that into you is all it takes.

sheriff733
10-30-2012, 11:48
I think it's funny that the title of the thread is "Gallup Shock" and the thread has moved to talking about electricity.

Only on GT.

:supergrin:

:wavey:

aircarver
10-30-2012, 11:52
We weren't that shocked by Gallup ... :supergrin:

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 12:13
Get to the polls and vote this loser out!

Let's vote him out next week!

aircarver
10-30-2012, 12:19
Let's vote him out next week!

I voted him out last week ... :supergrin:

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 12:43
I voted him out last week ... :supergrin:

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin: