New guy here, Hello all. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New guy here, Hello all.

gman556
10-29-2012, 20:36
Hello all.
I have been a member here since 2009, and finally decided to put up a post here to say hello.

I have been reading alot about the great Glock customer service that most get here, and I wanted to tell my story of their great service.

I have been a glock fan ever since I got my first 2nd gen 23. After that I traded for a G21sf, because I wanted to consolidate all my ammo to one caliber. I also have 3 1911's. I know I know!! The reason I went to the Glock was because of it's record for reliability, and simplicity. Thats another story though.

Getting to my customer service story. In the fall of 2010 I had no 45 ammo at all. I usually reload everything,but was behind, and desperate to shoot my 21sf, so just this time I figured I would have to buy a box at my local shop. They had nothing but these factory reloads from ATI. I figured what the hell, just this once won't hurt anything, right? What are the odds anyway?

Big effing wrong!! Blew my beloved 21sf up, rendering it completely useless. Cracked the frame, and barrel, chipped the paint on the slide when it blew out of my hand. It was a double charge. Big hole right in the bottom of the case where it protrudes at the feed ramp.

Anyway, I'm ranting too long for a new guy here, so to cut it short, I sent it back to Glock, and explained what I had done, and got a practically new G21sf back in a couple of months. The only thing left was the slide, which they had refinished. Everything else was brand new.

Moral of the story is, no matter how desperate you are to shoot your Glock, never never use factory reloads from anywhere, which I already new, but neglected, because I wanted to shoot so badly that day, and didn't have time to load my own, or go anywhere else to buy ammo. Next time I will use that time to load my own, or get good factory ammo, and shoot another day.

Nice to meet you, and thanks for reading my long, and stupid story.:embarassed:

The G-man

SJ 40
10-29-2012, 23:13
Nice to meet you !
The only reloads/Handloads I shoot are mine,in thirty five years I have never blown anything up or out.
I trust my work even more than factory. I would offer this post as proof.

Smyrna billed me for new barrel.
Got a letter from Glock today recommending replacement of squibbed barrel, and billing me $125 for the new one.

A expensive lesson, but it's only fair. Wasn't their fault.

Now I can talk to Winchester about their ____ squibbing WWB ammo!
Luke 22:36
He said to them, “... if you don’t have a [weapon], sell your cloak and buy one."

from this thread.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443840

I rest my case. SJ 40

bac1023
10-29-2012, 23:18
:welcome:

Glock Master
10-30-2012, 01:00
Welcome :wavey:

Bruce M
10-30-2012, 05:39
:wavey:

Keyhole
10-30-2012, 06:14
:welcome: aboard!

Gallium
10-30-2012, 06:24
Welcome, glad it was resolved to your satisfaction.

I think you're posting too much, using up too much of GTs bandwidth. :) Maybe cut back on the posts a bit?

- G2

Beanie-Bean
10-30-2012, 06:29
Welcome, g-man! I'm glad that all turned out well for you. Be safe, and happy shooting!

snowbird.40
10-30-2012, 10:05
Welcome and feel free to mine the minds of all these Glockers. Just about any question you have will be answered, some times in more detail than you can use, but always from experience.

Most of these folks have more rounds down range than I'll have in my life time, so that's a big comfort to me.

dango
10-30-2012, 10:08
:wavey:Welcome...............!

Hognutz
10-30-2012, 13:09
I love stories with happy endings!! Welcome aboard..:wavey:

wazari
10-30-2012, 13:11
Welcome

Frank V
10-30-2012, 14:47
Welcome!

gman556
10-30-2012, 16:55
Thanks for the warm welcomes everybody!!

Yes I did learn a good lesson. I have been reloading my own ammo for my Glocks, and other pistols, and rifles ever since. I can't bring myself to trust anymore factory ammo, or reloaded factory as much as I trust my own! I still do it by single stage for the QC, and assurance of no double charges.

Raven1967
10-30-2012, 17:22
:welcome: