How the storm will affect the election [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How the storm will affect the election

IvanVic
10-30-2012, 09:24
The media will be hyping the Obama administration's reaction to the storm 24/7, comparing it to Katrina, and doing their best to distract from Libya. Will it translate into anything? I don't know, but I do know that it certainly won't help Romney, unless this admin somehow fumbles the reaction to the storm, which would be almost unthinkable given its importance just a week away from the election.

I'm a little frustrated with the way the national media, including Fox, milks these storms and covers them like monster truck rallies. BTW, when it did it officially become a "mega" storm? :faint:

JFrame
10-30-2012, 09:39
Wow -- did it mutate from a "Frankenstorm" to a "mega-storm"??? :whistling:

At this point, I suspect that any fractional tickings of the polling meters will not gravitate meaningfully from "it's the economy, stupid"...

Goaltender66
10-30-2012, 09:45
The media will be hyping the Obama administration's reaction to the storm 24/7, comparing it to Katrina, and doing their best to distract from Libya. Will it translate into anything? I don't know, but I do know that it certainly won't help Romney, unless this admin somehow fumbles the reaction to the storm, which would be almost unthinkable given its importance just a week away from the election.

I think it will actually hurt Obama, because now it's clear that Obama actually knows where the briefing room is.....

I'm a little frustrated with the way the national media, including Fox, milks these storms and covers them like monster truck rallies. BTW, when it did it officially become a "mega" storm? :faint:
It's partially because the storm was on a beeline to New York City, which is where most if not all of the national media is based.

TheJ
10-30-2012, 09:56
I think the weather channel called it a super storm.

brickboy240
10-30-2012, 10:33
Have they blamed the storm on Bush....yet?

LOL

aircarver
10-30-2012, 10:36

LOL
Hey ! ....

He left the 'weather machine' in the White House basement ....

...Not his fault if Obamao couldn't figure it out ... :supergrin:

IvanVic
10-30-2012, 11:10
JFrame and Goaltender, I hope you're right, and I hope that it translates into nothing more than an excuse for the media to continue to ignore Libya. If only the independent voters out there would catch onto this and become fed up at some point with the collusion.

JFrame
10-30-2012, 11:15
JFrame and Goaltender, I hope you're right, and I hope that it translates into nothing more than an excuse for the media to continue to ignore Libya. If only the independent voters out there would catch onto this and become fed up at some point with the collusion.

I hope I'm right too...! :)

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 11:16

LOL

Haven't they, yet? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JFrame
10-30-2012, 11:56
Haven't they, yet? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, this one's a snap...

1) Man-made global warming caused the hurricane and the wintry front.

2) George Bush "cheated" Algore out of the 2000 presidential election.

3) Algore was the ONLY PERSON ON EARTH who could stop the precipitous trajectory of man-made global warming (okay -- we've actually stopped warming, but we won't discuss that...)

4) Ergo, George Bush is responsible for the "Frankenstorm" of 2012.

Heck -- that's easier than playing "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"... :cool:

All Pro Sports Hero
10-30-2012, 11:58
SuperStorm!

Goaltender66
10-30-2012, 12:12

Not sure if you were around in 1979, but one of the excuses Carter was using later in the year is that he couldn't spend a lot of time campaigning since he was very busy in the White House trying to get the hostages freed

It didn't work for Carter back then and this won't work for Obama today.

jeanderson
10-30-2012, 12:19
If the polls stay the same, the Marxist-in-chief will issue an executive order postponing the election a couple of weeks. They will try to stem the momentum, which is all in Romney's favor right now.

SCmasterblaster
10-30-2012, 12:45
If the polls stay the same, the Marxist-in-chief will issue an executive order postponing the election a couple of weeks. They will try to stem the momentum, which is all in Romney's favor right now.

I wouldn't be surprised.