PDA

View Full Version : Lexington Prelims are up

Don At PC
10-30-2012, 15:45
Congrats everyone. www.gssfonline.com

Don

Alexd29
10-30-2012, 18:15
Come on random goodness! 3 of my scores are wrong, but not enough to change my standings. Come on master shooters, we need to shoot HVY MTL and Maj Sub. I am going to train hard and come back with vengeance at Dayton next year!

SARDG
10-30-2012, 18:50
Come on random goodness! 3 of my scores are wrong, but not enough to change my standings. Come on master shooters, we need to shoot HVY MTL and Maj Sub. I am going to train hard and come back with vengeance at Dayton next year!
Same ol' problem, every venue (almost). :crying:

1RoundEye
10-30-2012, 19:08
Same ol' problem, every venue (almost). :crying:

So true. PM720 was responsible for two HM, and MS entries in addition to himself at the Tucson match by whoring out his G30. At one point during the plates it was so hot that he burned his hand touching the slide. :wow:

SARDG
10-30-2012, 19:28
So true. PM720 was responsible for two HM, and MS entries in addition to himself at the Tucson match by whoring out his G30. At one point during the plates it was so hot that he burned his hand touching the slide. :wow:
Biggest problem remains with the Masters and trying to get 10 of 'em in those 2 divisions to rate a Master gun prize instead of $100 for 1st.

emtjr928
10-30-2012, 20:11
by whoring out his G30.:wow:

Soooo I guess that makes Scott a "Glock Pimp Daddy" :rofl:

PM720
10-30-2012, 20:27
Soooo I guess that makes Scott a "Glock Pimp Daddy" :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just trying to make my contribution! :wavey:

Scott

Alexd29
10-30-2012, 20:50
I am very impressed with my 30sf, (prize gun from Indy) with a total of 73 rds through it before the match. This little gun flat out shoots. Turned in very respectable times in heavy metal and Major sub.

I can't believe how soft it shoots. I was using 4.3 Solo 1000 under a 230 berrys, suppose to be a Major PF load out of a 5 barrel. I shot my left over match ammo out of my LB Premier II i couldn't believe how much more felt recoil there was in the 1911 compared to the 30. I think i have a keeper.

mike g35
10-31-2012, 08:25
Well I did nowhere as well as I would have liked but considering my sight "issue" and the fact that up until this match I had been using rather poor trigger control along with an incorrect sight picture ill take it. I expect to do much better next year.
If anyone really wants instruction on how to better their game check out Butch's blog here on GT, The book "the Glock in Competition" by Bobby Carver and Robin Taylor, Matt Burketts Practical Shooting DVD's, along with the stickies here on the forum. I finally took the time to watch/read all of the above. I found each reference very helpful.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

emtjr928
10-31-2012, 08:32
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just trying to make my contribution! :wavey:

Scott

I understand. I whored out my 17 to a new guy I took to Mobile. Hooked another one.:D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Sgt.K
10-31-2012, 10:45
I'm pleased with my performance. Placed in the low 30's in both the Amateur Civilian and Amateur Sub Compact. Now that I know what it's like I'm hoping to do much better the next time.

Have the gun raffles posted?

I looked and couldn't find the GSSF 2013 schedule, did I miss it somehow?

Gary1911A1
10-31-2012, 15:16
I'm OK with my performance. I was 32nd in Amateur Civ so I was close to Sgt.K. Still haven't broken 100 seconds, but maybe next year. I think I need to shot the closer Targets at a faster rate and get quicker about indexing on the first shot.

Alexd29
10-31-2012, 19:11
I'm OK with my performance. I was 32nd in Amateur Civ so I was close to Sgt.K. Still haven't broken 100 seconds, but maybe next year. I think I need to shot the closer Targets at a faster rate and get quicker about indexing on the first shot.

Dryfire will do wonders for time to first shot and target transitions.

GLW
11-02-2012, 17:48
I just got back from Germany and saw the results. A big congratulations to my 15 year old Dean who not only beat his big brother Conlon out of the High Junior spot for the first time but picked up his first High Overall in Am Civ!!! Now it is a race to see who makes Master first (Conlon still holds the lead with two wins but now is distracted with jobs, school and girls - not necessarily in that order)

This is a great way to start his tenure as a full fledged member of Carver Custom!!!
Way to go Dean!!!

(Can you tell I'm a proud papa?)

Looking forward to next year's season. Thanks GSSF!!! See you all on the range. Happy Thanksgiving!

S.Kargoh
11-02-2012, 19:30
Is shooting skill genetic or a nurtured skill? Hmm. Sounds like a government grant source. $$$ big money big money here we come !

Nice job W's!

Butch
11-02-2012, 20:12
Come on random goodness!
I think we're in the same boat on this one! :)

(Can you tell I'm a proud papa?)

Just a little.... ;)

Congrats! Give him a whack on the back for me too!

Next they'll be trying to beat you.....and it's just as great when it happens.....did you notice who beat me in the Comp match? :supergrin:

GLW
11-02-2012, 22:51
I just saw. Good for him! I told my boys when they start beating me is when they start buying their own ammo! Actually Conlon has already beaten me in some USPSA stages. He is like the Sundance Kid...he's better when he moves!

See ya next year.

Glockrunner
11-03-2012, 04:41
I just saw. Good for him! I told my boys when they start beating me is when they start buying their own ammo! Actually Conlon has already beaten me in some USPSA stages. He is like the Sundance Kid...he's better when he moves!

See ya next year.

You must be doing it right! Enjoy all that free ammo too, it's coming soon......:rofl::wavey:

kyglockshooter 2.0
11-04-2012, 12:08
You must be doing it right! Enjoy all that free ammo too, it's coming soon......:rofl::wavey:

He is doing something right. It must be something they put in the water.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)