HELP!! Connector problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Connector problem

KappaAlphaASU
10-30-2012, 17:19
I just got done installing a Ghost Ultimate 3.5# connector in my G19. Well the trigger pull & break are great but when I recock the gun & try to reset the trigger, it fires again. Now before someone says something about the other recent thread about the trigger bar & firing pin connection being bad, this gun ONLY does it with THAT connector. I put the stock connector in & it works fine. I also put a Lone Wolf connector in & it works fine too. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this before with a Ghost connector or any other connector??

JesseA
10-30-2012, 18:01
Did u replace the springs also? The ultimate trigger is the one u have to file down right?

Roering
10-30-2012, 18:08
Is the connector flush up against the plastic housing or does it stick out to the side a little bit?

It's supposed to stick out a little.

1RoundEye
10-30-2012, 18:29
I've heard of other's who have installed a ghost connected and it resulted in consistent double taps. I believe he ended up just filing too much off which caused the striker lug to slip.

KappaAlphaASU
10-30-2012, 19:57
I didn't replace any springs & the connector does stick out from the housing a little. I've replaced numerous connectors in numerous Glocks & have never had this problem before. I don't know if it's the connector or the gun or the combination. I put the same connector in my 27 & my 22 & it worked fine in both of them.

Keyhole
10-30-2012, 20:46
2/3 engagement?

Arc Angel
10-30-2012, 21:01
Here,

http://www.ghostinc.zoovy.com/category/istallationinstructions/

Read Section II, Notes 1. & 2. You don't need to get yourself anymore confused by coming to Glock Talk for a possible solution. Ghost has already done this for you. Your problem can be solved by carefully reading and following the advice stated in Note 2.

JBUS
10-30-2012, 21:20
Did u replace the springs also? The ultimate trigger is the one u have to file down right?

Per Ghost, the Ultimate is straight drop in.

I had a lot of questions about the Ghost as I am going to the NY1 & 3.5#.

Some Google searching and I ended up ordering the Ultimate since it's a drop in.

glockenturm
10-30-2012, 23:10
This is why I never mess with a gun intended for SD purposes. What is a justifiable shooting of a perpetrator just released by your local lib DA now becomes a negligent discharge manslaughter case because the trigger group has been messed with, saving face for the DA, who is running for re-election.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Arc Angel
10-31-2012, 03:24

1. On an EDC replacing the springs is NOT something that you want to do.

2. No. The, 'Ghost Ultimate Connector' is the same design as Glock factory. It simply drops in. Personally, I prefer the adjustable trigger stop on the, 'Ghost Rocket'.

jim7777b
10-31-2012, 04:15
Ghost Connector was installed on all 4 of my guns (just to be sure) and it double tapped with every one. Drop dead gorgeous drop in!
:dunno:

lethal tupperwa
10-31-2012, 06:53
why not replace the STOCK connector?

It worked right?