Romney Avoids FEMA Questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney Avoids FEMA Questions

Flintlocker
10-30-2012, 18:16
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/30/romney-avoids-fema-questions/

Mitt Romney's campaign said he wouldn't do away with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, but it's unclear how a President Romney might overhaul disaster relief programs – a topic that was revived in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
During the GOP primaries, when FEMA was facing a funding crunch, Mr. Romney suggested at a June 2011 debate (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1106/13/se.02.html) that he'd like states to have more control over disaster relief funding and efforts.
“Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction,” Mr. Romney said in response to a question about FEMA. “And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better.”…

countrygun
10-30-2012, 18:20
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/30/romney-avoids-fema-questions/

Mitt Romney's campaign said he wouldn't do away with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, but it's unclear how a President Romney might overhaul disaster relief programs – a topic that was revived in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
During the GOP primaries, when FEMA was facing a funding crunch, Mr. Romney suggested at a June 2011 debate (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1106/13/se.02.html) that he'd like states to have more control over disaster relief funding and efforts.
“Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction,” Mr. Romney said in response to a question about FEMA. “And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better.”…

I agree with him ad don't see the problem, unless you are a big Government liberal who like the federal teat to comfort you.

Cavalry Doc
10-30-2012, 18:39
Wow, that's a great idea.

Romney has it right on this one.

Providence
10-30-2012, 18:48
Didn't know this. Thanks for posting. Makes me like Romney even more!

cowboy1964
10-30-2012, 18:55
OBAMA AVOIDS LIBYA QUESTIONS

Which is more important?

Flintlocker
10-30-2012, 19:01
I agree with him ad don't see the problem, unless you are a big Government liberal who like the federal teat to comfort you.

Wow, that's a great idea.

Romney has it right on this one.

Then why won't Romney just re-iterate his previous statement? Why is he repeatedly ducking questions about FEMA? Why does Romney's campaign contradict him?

countrygun
10-30-2012, 19:05
Then why won't Romney just re-iterate his previous statement? Why is he repeatedly ducking questions about FEMA? Why does Romney's campaign contradict him?

That is just a small issue, size wise, compared to all the contradictory stories from the Administration over Benghazi.

Can you imagine how frustrating that is to the people who care about the truth? Since you are a liberal you will have to use your imagination on the "caring about the truth" part.

Cavalry Doc
10-30-2012, 19:06

Because the media will take anything he says and twist it into a negative.

Barry is running from a real flub up though.

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/62/2012/10/29/121353_600.jpg

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/91/2012/10/30/121379_600.jpg

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/137/2012/10/28/121274_600.jpg

http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/130/2012/10/28/121278_600.jpg

Flintlocker
10-30-2012, 19:39
Translation: Well, it's a fine point of OMGBENGHAZIBENGHAZIBENGHAZI!!!!!!!1111one!!

countrygun
10-30-2012, 19:41
Translation: Well, it's a fine point of OMGBENGHAZIBENGHAZIBENGHAZI!!!!!!!1111one!!

I am sure the families of the dead would thank you for the typical liberal concern you show.

Cavalry Doc
10-30-2012, 20:09

Too bad I can't airbrush your old avatar accompanying the jackass, oh wait, that would be redundant, never mind.

I'm guessing you've never been under fire and called for close air support.

OMG, MF'er, and a few other expletive's are expected in times like that.

It wasn't a fine point you made. Romney is a lot more classy than Barry ever was. He's giving him the stage today, and the race will go on tomorrow.

I'm really hoping your guy loses in a big way. Just remember, dems usually fold when the going gets tough. It might be raining, and the welfare rats will stay in their section 8 housing, ruining Barry's hope for a second term. It's just too hard to get wet to vote for the status quo.

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Peace/2012/10/30/SOS-FBMeme.jpg

Flintlocker
10-30-2012, 20:23
What a sanctimonious load of crap. You guys happily politic over the graves of Americans based on nothing more than anonymous sources, wild guesses and outright lies. Now it's come to the point you can't even answer a question without invoking Benghazi. It's pathetic and so are you.

IvanVic
10-30-2012, 20:27

Too bad I can't airbrush your old avatar accompanying the jackass, oh wait, that would be redundant, never mind.

I'm guessing you've never been under fire and called for close air support.

OMG, MF'er, and a few other expletive's are expected in times like that.

It wasn't a fine point you made. Romney is a lot more classy than Barry ever was. He's giving him the stage today, and the race will go on tomorrow.

I'm really hoping your guy loses in a big way. Just remember, dems usually fold when the going gets tough. It might be raining, and the welfare rats will stay in their section 8 housing, ruining Barry's hope for a second term. It's just too hard to get wet to vote for the status quo.

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Peace/2012/10/30/SOS-FBMeme.jpg

While this makes a great political point, has their been actual confirmation from a verifiable source that the president was the person who denied this support? I have yet to see Fox run anything that claims this, and they would certainly be all over if this had been confirmed. Did I miss the story?

Providence
10-30-2012, 20:29
What a sanctimonious load of crap. You guys happily politic over the graves of Americans based on nothing more than anonymous sources, wild guesses and outright lies. Now it's come to the point you can't even answer a question without invoking Benghazi. It's pathetic and so are you.

From the tone of your post I guess you didn't like our responses to your post. Maybe it was because your post was a sanctimonious load of crap. I know your grasping at straws, but you've got to do better than this. Obama is loosing this election. He needs your help!

countrygun
10-30-2012, 20:31
I am far less concerned about communications issues in the Romney campaign than I am why Americans died, and why their are so many "Officially Contradictory" stories coming from this Administration.

Of course, in liberal fashion, you are holding up the rug while the White House sweeps it underneath.

Providence
10-30-2012, 20:34
While this makes a great political point, has their been actual confirmation from a verifiable source that the president was the person who denied this support? I have yet to see Fox run anything that claims this, and they would certainly be all over if this had been confirmed. Did I miss the story?

Who do you think made the decision? There is only one person who makes these kind of decisions.

sheriff733
10-30-2012, 20:36

How very typically liberal of you. No real defense or substance, so resort to personal insults or attacks.

Is it starting to get under your skin that Comrade Obama is about to get the boot?

Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof.

IvanVic
10-30-2012, 20:39
Who do you think made the decision?

I don't know, I'm waiting for confirmation. If this turns out to be the case, I am sure we will know sooner or later, the former being the better case considering the time crunch of the election.

LASTRESORT20
10-30-2012, 20:46
http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/obama-economic-plan.jpg#obama%20economy

callihan_44
10-30-2012, 20:48
hmm lets see here , fema= essentially another handout...How do I know? ive worked a few disaster areas where fema got involved and talk about a red tape mess! Fema provided housing after some of the tornado disasters to those who couldnt afford to move somewhere else, providing a place to live free of charge...only problem is some who took the offer didnt want to leave (this happened during katrina also I believe)....who would blame them, free rent-utilities for 18 months so fema had to come up with a way to get em to self evict.....they start charging them fairly high rent after the deadline, thats how they do it...also there was alot of meth lab busts in these fema camps(which tells you exactly what kind of people chose to live there). Giving a helping hand is one thing, but when government gets involved people expect it from then on.

LASTRESORT20
10-30-2012, 20:49
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_r1AxIJszWSA/Sum2ZNHg7sI/AAAAAAAAD44/9ufCOLHiykw/s400/dover3.jpg

Flintlocker
10-30-2012, 20:53
How very typically liberal of you. No real defense or substance, so resort to personal insults or attacks.

Is it starting to get under your skin that Comrade Obama is about to get the boot?

Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof.

Actually, countrygun and Cavalry Doc couldn't come up with a rational explanation why Romney won't just come out and re-affirm his earlier position on FEMA but instead ignores repeated questions about it while his campaign contradicts him. So they change the subject. And down the rabbit hole it goes.

janice6
10-30-2012, 20:54
Bet flintlocker goes away along with obama.

countrygun
10-30-2012, 20:58
hmm lets see here , fema= essentially another handout...How do I know? ive worked a few disaster areas where fema got involved and talk about a red tape mess! Fema provided housing after some of the tornado disasters to those who couldnt afford to move somewhere else, providing a place to live free of charge...only problem is some who took the offer didnt want to leave (this happened during katrina also I believe)....who would blame them, free rent-utilities for 18 months so fema had to come up with a way to get em to self evict.....they start charging them fairly high rent after the deadline, thats how they do it...also there was alot of meth lab busts in these fema camps(which tells you exactly what kind of people chose to live there). Giving a helping hand is one thing, but when government gets involved people expect it from then on.

When I moved back down to the coast I couldn't believe it when I saw where they had built a little housing development, practically on the beach and maybe 10 feet above sea level. In an area that had repeatedly been flooded in the past. (around here we generally have better sense) Iw as told "Oh don't worry. Our district FEMA representative lives in one of theose houses".

:faint::faint::faint:

countrygun
10-30-2012, 21:03
Actually, countrygun and Cavalry Doc couldn't come up with a rational explanation why Romney won't just come out and re-affirm his earlier position on FEMA but instead ignores repeated questions about it while his campaign contradicts him. So they change the subject. And down the rabbit hole it goes.

How abuy he dismissed your memo asking about it? Satisfied?

Now explain to me, how, when there was a great photo opportunity as the SEALS were whacking Bin Laden, there was the POTUS, right in the "Situation room" watching it all and getting photographed. but now his loyal devotees want to claim that when a US Embassy was under attack he didn't know anything about it? He wasn't issuing any orders concerning saving, or not, Americans in danger.

certifiedfunds
10-30-2012, 21:15

Obama politicized Benghazi when he and his administration lied about the incident, telling the American people that it wasn't a terror attack.

QNman
10-30-2012, 21:20

How is he ducking the question? I fail to see any inconsistency here. I suppose he should have jumped off on a talking point?

QNman
10-30-2012, 21:22

That's because it's important. At least to make thinking Americans.

QNman
10-30-2012, 21:24

It's the wild guesses and outright lies we are concerned about.

Wait... You ARE talking about the wild guesses and outright lies told by Obama and crew, right?

QNman
10-30-2012, 21:27

We're does the buck stop, exactly?

Don't they call the POTUS the "Commander In Chief"? What's that mean, anyway?

QNman
10-30-2012, 21:30
How abuy he dismissed your memo asking about it? Satisfied?

Now explain to me, how, when there was a great photo opportunity as the SEALS were whacking Bin Laden, there was the POTUS, right in the "Situation room" watching it all and getting photographed. but now his loyal devotees want to claim that when a US Embassy was under attack he didn't know anything about it? He wasn't issuing any orders concerning saving, or not, Americans in danger.

I'm fairly certain the POTUS has one of those fancy wireless phones. Heck, he may even have one of those Obamaphones.

IvanVic
10-30-2012, 21:38
We're does the buck stop, exactly?

Don't they call the POTUS the "Commander In Chief"? What's that mean, anyway?

With the president, but there is a difference between taking responsibility for decisions made by those under you, and personally making the wrong decision. I would like confirmation as to which of those was the case.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Snowman92D
10-30-2012, 21:40
Now it's come to the point you can't even answer a question without invoking Benghazi. It's pathetic and so are you.

Come on now. Your lower lip is sticking out so far that a guy could ride to town on it. :crying:

Chin up. Obama's given you a badly flawed product to sell, so you can't blame yourself when anyone with any sense doesn't buy into it.

QNman
10-30-2012, 21:45
With the president, but there is a difference between taking responsibility for decisions made by those under you, and personally making the wrong decision. I would like confirmation as to which of those was the case.

At this point, he either made the wrong call AND/OR he is failing to take responsibility for it.

Regardless, he fails.

Too, I'd be willing to wager if someone else bungled the call, they'd already be under the bus.

GAFinch
10-30-2012, 22:17
Fascinating how the littlest of things set off liberals, but they can ignore massive issues by the ends-justify-the-means Marxist hero. With this level of devotion, I'm sure you'd also gloss right over all of us "imperialists" being put in re-education camps. you cold SOB.

hogship
10-30-2012, 22:31
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_r1AxIJszWSA/Sum2ZNHg7sI/AAAAAAAAD44/9ufCOLHiykw/s400/dover3.jpg

Oh man, that just ain't right. :steamed:

ooc

hogship
10-30-2012, 22:39

The problem seems to be that nobody........not one single person is taking responsibility for making the decisions to "stand down" at Benghazi.

So who did?

It's such a simple question, with such a simple answer........but, we don't have it. It doesn't take much intelligence to make a simple deduction: "What's wrong with this picture?"

ooc

Cavalry Doc
10-31-2012, 03:55

When there is a live connection to the consolate, and the president is in the White House, some say even in the situation room, who do YOU think is in charge?

Cavalry Doc
10-31-2012, 04:04

Funny, but if you'll look at post number three in this thread, you'll notice that you aren't the master debater you think you are. Unless you've been master debating so long that you are going blind.

I've watched FEMA in action. I deployed to Katrina out of Ft Hood. I remember all the FEMA cards used at strip clubs, liquor stores and for lottery tickets. I remember FEMA trailers that people could not live in because of off gassing phenol formaldehyde.

Give that stuff back to the states and private industry, they can do it better.

Cavalry Doc
10-31-2012, 05:42

Oh look! A photo op. :upeyes:

IvanVic
10-31-2012, 05:53
I've watched FEMA in action. I deployed to Katrina out of Ft Hood. I remember all the FEMA cards used at strip clubs, liquor stores and for lottery tickets. I remember FEMA trailers that people could not live in because of off gassing phenol formaldehyde.

Give that stuff back to the states and private industry, they can do it better.

Well, if Romney came out and said this he'd likely lose the election because of it. You're never going to see a conservative politician standing by a statement like that during a general election.

ballr4lyf
10-31-2012, 12:37
Well, if Romney came out and said this he'd likely lose the election because of it. You're never going to see a conservative politician standing by a statement like that during a general election.

Are liberals really that fearful of putting a conservative in office? Do you really believe that a conservative president, even with a super majority in congress, could just wave a magic wand and make a government agency disappear overnight? That there wouldn't be a transitional period to allow states to stand up their own offices before completely shuttering FEMA's doors (if that even happens... more likely that the agency will maintain a minimal presence for several years to supplement state agencies as needed). Or that the liberals would not pursue, or at least support, lawsuits that would delay/prevent any measure to close the agency?

And they call conservatives "conspiracy theorists".

Some people genuinely need the help. Unfortunately, the federal government has not had a good track record of determining which are those who genuinely need help versus those who just want to keep living on handouts from the government.

hogship
10-31-2012, 16:12
Some people genuinely need the help. Unfortunately, the federal government has not had a good track record of determining which are those who genuinely need help versus those who just want to keep living on handouts from the government.

That's right........and, it should be pointed out that the freeloaders also vote.

Nobody wants to neglect those who truly need the help, but there is a lot of "gaming the system" that NEEDS to be permanently eliminated.

ooc

countrygun
10-31-2012, 16:25

I think much of the problem has to do with the structure of the system. what incentive is there for a government employee to turn someone down? The more "clients" the more their job is justified, also the more their department grows and the more chances for promotion.

We hire people to hand out someone else's money and reward them for giving it away, what could possibly go wrong with that?:dunno: