Head Spinning with all of these Glock Dates [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Head Spinning with all of these Glock Dates

77Bronc
10-30-2012, 19:27
I will be buying a Gen 3 G17 or G30 this weekend and would like a very brief summary on what are the internal parts issue and test fire dates....

I have tried to summarize, but get turned around in all of the feedback...

Two questions:

What to avoid?

What to buy?

Thanks,

9mmdude
10-30-2012, 20:34
Buy either one; they will serve you well. If you have a problem glock will resolve it. I would get the 17 first and 30 second.

Arc Angel
10-30-2012, 21:14
....... Two questions:

What to avoid?

What to buy?

That's a tall order! Not even the most dedicated Glockophile on this board can tell you either all of the changes the factory has made to various pistols, or when those changes were put into production. Fact is that Glock doesn't announce most of these, 'improvements'; and the public simply doesn't know. (Neither do the certified armorers.)

What to avoid? Right now I would avoid new Glocks altogether. Perhaps if you're able to find a good used third generation pistol which appears to have little wear, and with a serial number that starts with, 'M' or lower - THAT might be a good way to go.

What should you buy? I don't know. There's a big difference between a G-17, and a G-30. What do you want to do with this new pistol?

DocWills
10-30-2012, 21:23
Get the 9mm, ignore internet bs.:supergrin:

SJ 40
10-31-2012, 05:38
That's a tall order! Not even the most dedicated Glockophile on this board can tell you either all of the changes the factory has made to various pistols, or when those changes were put into production. Fact is that Glock doesn't announce most of these, 'improvements'; and the public simply doesn't know. (Neither do the certified armorers.)

What to avoid? Right now I would avoid new Glocks altogether. Perhaps if you're able to find a good used third generation pistol which appears to have little wear, and with a serial number that starts with, 'M' or lower - THAT might be a good way to go.

What should you buy? I don't know. There's a big difference between a G-17, and a G-30. What do you want to do with this new pistol?I agree with Arc Angel,if he and maybe five other G T members don't know dates/changes made I know Glock isn't going to say.
My serial number alphabet code is slightly earlier than his,K but either should avoid most of Glocks problematic maladies.

Then their is the other thought process that this is all internet B S, that is until one runs smack dab into it like a brick wall,it becomes all to real. SJ 40

Gallium
10-31-2012, 06:03
What's the gun for? Carry or non carry?

I am purchasing a Glock in the next few days, and I don't bother about what parts come with the gun. 1st I will field strip and clean it, then shoot it, then assess from that point.