East Coast [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : East Coast

Officer X
10-30-2012, 22:00
Hope all my brothers on the east coast are doing well. We got hit hard by Sandy and had some pretty massive damage in town although we're not as bad as the shore towns like Seaside, Mantaloking and Point Beach which got devastated.

A lot of trees and power lines down, about 90% of the town without power and people already starting near riots at the one gas station which was open on generator as we tried to keep the pumps open for the tree and utility service crews so they could gas up trucks and equipment to get the town running again.

Don't know when I'll be able to get back online as this is my first time on the laptop as I have it plugged in as the generator is running and I enjoy a couple Miller Lites after back to back 16+ hour days. I've been handling all our press related matters from my Iphone when I haven't been out on the road, tied up in meetings, figuring out staffing issues, dealing with cranky residents who want their power on now...., etc...

This disaster did make me realize again though that I work with some of the most outstanding people I have the good fortune to know.

See you soon.

merlynusn
10-31-2012, 09:46
Keep up the good fight. Do you need anything?

Cochese
10-31-2012, 14:27
:patriot:

Hack
10-31-2012, 14:33
Definitely can pray. I am thinking that any BOP facilities caught in those areas have their hands full, as well.

Kahr_Glockman
10-31-2012, 15:44
Thanks for checking in. Hoping to hear from AngryBassets, Ajon, 4949, and the other NJ, Maryland, and NY cops. Best wishes for all of you guys.

Vigilant
10-31-2012, 15:49
All the best to you and the rest. I surely am glad this one missed us down south.

Patchman
11-01-2012, 08:40
They're starting to pump out the undgerground facilities/parking garages. I just hope the local homeless population didn't decide to take shelter in these places.

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2012, 10:38
They're starting to pump out the undgerground facilities/parking garages. I just hope the local homeless population didn't decide to take shelter in these places.

I was thinking about that yesterday when I saw the subways in NYC flooded on the news. Just from the news reports, it sounded like it filled up very quickly.

Sounds like a gigantic cluster, that's for sure.

Be safe out there fellas.

IGF

GRIMLET
11-01-2012, 11:56
Its just starting to get interesting. Now that the shock and empathy for others has worn off, its why am I being delayed, uncomfortable, bored and not special.
This will show the inner person, the good or the bad.
At least thats how it goes down here after a good storm.