old question fresh answers. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : old question fresh answers.

Alliance50
10-31-2012, 06:01
Hello all

For those of you that carry a glock 45. I am talking about the glock 21 or the glock 30 only.

Which one do you carry and why did you pick it.

The size difference really isn't much, the weight difference loaded is only 6 or 7 oz's, the width is pretty much the same.
As far as the accuracy they are for me any way the same they both have hardly any recoil for a 45 acp.
The most noticeable difference would be the 10 rd mag compared to the 13 rd mag.

All things between the two are pretty close so why did you choose the one you carry?

Beanie-Bean
10-31-2012, 06:06
G30 with the flush 9-round magazine. I don't use grip or pinky extensions, plus the shorter the grip for me, the better it is to carry. I notice the larger pistols mainly when I'm in the car driving. The grip tends to push against the seat to remind me thatbthere's something there. Not so much the case when I'm carrying "smaller" pistols.

I mainly carry IWB, and can only run OWB when it's cooler weather here in TX.

cowboy1964
10-31-2012, 06:41
Really? The size and weight difference is HUGE, especially given that you only give up 3 rounds with the G30. Grip length in particular is a big difference in concealability.

http://www.homedefenseweapons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Glock-21SF-vs-Glock-30.jpg

Alliance50
10-31-2012, 06:47
Really? The size and weight difference is HUGE, especially given that you only give up 3 rounds with the G30. Grip length in particular is a big difference in concealability.

I guess some might think 6 or 7 oz's is a lot. I really don't think so. I don't understand why the grip length is such a big issue I have always carried full size OWB under a t-shirt in summer weather without a problem, I have always been concerned about the guns muzzle sticking out from under my shirt the grip size for me at least has never been a problem.

Your pictures make them look a lot different in size but I just cleaned mine and have them sitting here next to one another and it's really not that much. Of course I been used to carrying a full size 1911 or sig sauer P220 also. I guess I don't see the big difference that others do.

Butch
10-31-2012, 06:58
I carry this Glock .45:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/DSC08412.jpg

It holds 9 rounds of full power .45 ammo, and I carry an 11 round mag for a reload, the grip fits my hand perfectly, it's a great shooter, and the compact size is excellent for concealment.

Alliance50
10-31-2012, 07:02
I carry this Glock .45:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/DSC08412.jpg

It holds 9 rounds of full power .45 ammo, and I carry an 11 round mag for a reload, the grip fits my hand perfectly, it's a great shooter, and the compact size is excellent for concealment.

Looks really nice to me.
I have been thinking about the gap 45 but it seems like the ammo is hard to find other than online. i hear they shoot really well tho.

I am wondering isn't the gap ammo a lot more expensive then 45 acp?

NailShooter
10-31-2012, 07:08
If I carry a 45 it is my G30. My G21 mainly gets range use. The 21 is my most accurate Glock and also the softest shooting.

Nail

SCC
10-31-2012, 09:56
G30 for me !!!

Beanie-Bean
10-31-2012, 09:57
Looks really nice to me.
I have been thinking about the gap 45 but it seems like the ammo is hard to find other than online. i hear they shoot really well tho.

I am wondering isn't the gap ammo a lot more expensive then 45 acp?

A50, the GAP pistols do shoot very nicely. The ammo costs the same as .45ACP when you load your own.

I share my stash of Hornady 185 gr. XTP with both calibers. I prefer the 200 gr. projectiles in the GAP, however. My next bulk order will have .451 200 gr. FMJ on the ticket.

G19Paul
10-31-2012, 10:47
G30 with the flush 9-round magazine. I don't use grip or pinky extensions, plus the shorter the grip for me, the better it is to carry. I notice the larger pistols mainly when I'm in the car driving. The grip tends to push against the seat to remind me thatbthere's something there. Not so much the case when I'm carrying "smaller" pistols.

I mainly carry IWB, and can only run OWB when it's cooler weather here in TX.

http://www.homedefenseweapons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Glock-21SF-vs-Glock-30.jpg

These two replies tell the story I would have.

The G30 is the most accurate Glock I have ever owned.

The G30 hides well in my CompTac, and also in a nice OWB holster that I have. I've added factory night sights, and an extended slide-stop. This is my EDC pistol most of the time. My other EDC pistol is a nice full-sized Sig 1911.

The weight and size factor is always a consideration for comfortable EDC. The Glock can tuck and hide, my 1911 goes to an OWB holster for wintertime carry.

Jim S.
10-31-2012, 11:07
I carry a 21SF.
I chose it because it fit my hand very well (big paws) and it shoots great.
Carries 14 rounds of .45ACP and 12 more in a spare mag. (13 rattles)

reelnative
10-31-2012, 20:49
i carry a g21 because im a man

mj9mm
10-31-2012, 20:59
get the G30, it shoots nice and you can carry g21 mags for back-up:cool:

Pierre!
10-31-2012, 22:08
I just "re-discovered" my G30...

Just a little bigger, just a little heavier than my G27...

BUT

Eleven Smokin Rounds of .45! Now I just need to grab a full sized G21 mag (or two) and I'll be happy!

This lil son of a gun even fits the same Uncle Mikes #12 Softie holster.

She's a shooter too... one of my favorite Glocks. I simply forgot that I put the Big Dot sight system on it... and remembered while handling it the other day.

She's rotating into my carry pistol rotation more and more each week.

So - if you need to conceal, G30 is your choice.

Good luck with the decision!

Patrick

Bruce M
11-01-2012, 07:02
I have a G30 which is a decent size for carrying (although I like the true baby Glock size a bit better.) I have other full size .45s including a USP that I .like better than the G21 during the week.