Oliver Stone's "History" trashes America, praises Lenin, Gorbachev [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Stone's "History" trashes America, praises Lenin, Gorbachev

GAFinch
10-31-2012, 06:46
Having previously celebrated a trio of evil-doers – Fidel Castro, Yasser Arafat and Hugo Chavez – Stone now adds "The Untold History of the United States" to the cinematic garbage heap he has been piling up since "J.F.K." and "Born on the Fourth of July." Like them, this latest contribution is an unrelenting (and unrelentingly perverse) attack on America as history’s Great Satan, the root cause of worldly evil.

The heroes of this latest Stone fantasy are -- I kid you not -- Vladimir Lenin and Henry Wallace. Wallace is cast by Stone as the visionary of a planet without capitalism and war, and consequently as America’s missed opportunity to change the world.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/10/30/Oliver-Stone-David-Horowitz

JFrame
10-31-2012, 07:25
Oliver Stone is a prototypical America-hating leftist.

He is to Hollywood what Obama is to politics.

DonGlock26
10-31-2012, 07:30
President Romney and congress should help these rich Leftists to contribute everything they own to the poor with targeted tax laws. Somewhere between being a Leftist and being rich, they are unable to do the right thing.

maxsnafu
10-31-2012, 07:52
This is Stone's attempt to atone for impolitic remarks he made:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Stone#Controversial_remarks

SCmasterblaster
10-31-2012, 12:16
I am not at all surprised by this.

RyanSBHF
10-31-2012, 19:02
This washed up cocaine addict is still around? :yawn:

JFrame
10-31-2012, 19:08
This washed up cocaine addict is still around? :yawn:

I believe Stone's career is on life support...

jeanderson
10-31-2012, 19:11
Interesting. It was the Democrats that implored Roosevelt to dump the VP Henry Wallace from the ticket in 1944. The Democrats knew that Roosevelt was gravely ill and that Wallace was a far left wacko that should never be president.

Today, the Democrats have lost any semblance of common sense and would welcome another Henry Wallace.

G17Jake
10-31-2012, 19:11
Another Communist in America. We know who the Communists support in this presidential election.

G17Jake
10-31-2012, 19:13
Interesting. It was the Democrats that implored Roosevelt to dump the VP Henry Wallace from the ticket in 1944. The Democrats knew that Roosevelt was gravely ill and that Wallace was a far left wacko that should never be president.

Today, the Democrats have lost any semblance of common sense and would welcome another Henry Wallace.

They are the Communist Party in disguise.

juggy4711
10-31-2012, 19:40
While I am no fan, in fact I consider Stone to be one of the most overrated film directors I can think of, I would imagine his experience in Vietnam colored his perspective of the US in a negative light. Even though I do not find his views to be valid, I can easily see how he became so jaded.