KCI mag help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : KCI mag help

J.B.
10-31-2012, 08:38
So I bought a 3-pack for my 17, must have got all the rejects. Even with my lula I can't get more than 10 rounds in, unloading is easy cause the spring/follower is stuck in place at that point. I'd like to take them apart and see if I can salvage them, they were just for the range anyway. Should I be looking for burrs inside the mag walls or at the spring and follwer?

cowboy1964
10-31-2012, 08:42
I tried KCI once. Never again. Glock mags are so inexpensive it's not worth the hassle of screwing around.

Tango 1Zero
10-31-2012, 08:48
I heard theres lots of excess plastic flashing that needs cleaned up on those. I went through the Ban and for $19.99 for a factory Glock mag is a give away price. They were $50 to $75 during the ban.

J.B.
10-31-2012, 09:07
So where do I pick up a $20 factory mag? I'll still try to get these working, three extra mags is better than no extra mags.

robhic
10-31-2012, 09:16
I had a 31 rounder I bought for $15 (it was just for fun) and it worked fine until about round #20 and then it stuck and the rest of the rounds were loose inside the tube. Oops!

I took it home and opened it up using my GTUL (http://mygtul.com/) and there WAS a small bump of plastic at that point. I scraped it out using a long screwdriver and that cheap-o mag works fine now.

JBS
10-31-2012, 09:18
b o t a c h tactical.

AIM Surplus is out of stock on used but is a great place to book mark and watch. Just got a bunch last week for 12.00 and even had some pre-bands included.

trekgod3
10-31-2012, 09:26
Maybe they accidentally sent you 10 rounders?

scattershot
10-31-2012, 09:29
So where do I pick up a $20 factory mag? I'll still try to get these working, three extra mags is better than no extra mags.

CDNN Sports is having a sale right now. I have some of those Korean mags, and they work for me, but I did have to clean up some of the flashing in the mag body.

10-31-2012, 10:25
When these magazines first came out I was asked by a friend to test these magazines so I bought three G19 magazines to test. After cleaning these magazines up, removing excess polymer, I changed out the base plates and the springs with Glock OEM parts. I have shot these three magazines quite a bit including two years of IDPA, shotgun, rifle and three gun matches. During the summer month these magazine were used at least once sometimes twice a week which including repeatedly dropped these magazines on concrete, gravel, water, and mud.

Last month, one of the magazine started to have problems as when the magazine was loaded then unloaded the follower would get stuck at approximately 3/4 empty. I disassembled the magazine and discovered the zig zag weld at the back of the magazine had given was sticking out just far enough to blocking the follower.

Although these magazines will stand up to quite a bit of abuse, the quality control and the individual components are not up to the same standards as with the Glock magazines. The price point between the two is not great enough to justify buying these over Glock OEM magazines.

J.B., watch Natchez, Midway, and other venders for sales as they commonly have them on sale for $20.

J.B.
10-31-2012, 10:32
Maybe they accidentally sent you 10 rounders?

I thought the same but one I don't think I got more than 5 in, and they have the peek holes for 17...

guns54
10-31-2012, 12:15
I have never had any, and from what i read about them, I never will. Have a nice day.

J.B.
10-31-2012, 12:53
I have never had any, and from what i read about them, I never will. Have a nice day.

That was helpful, put a lot of thought in that? :wavey: