Bye-Bye GSSF Armorer's Gun Discount! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bye-Bye GSSF Armorer's Gun Discount!

DakotaGlockGuy
10-31-2012, 09:41
I just took the Glock Armorer's course in Spearfish SD yesterday, and called in to Glock to get clarification on their gun discount program (waiting period, cost, etc.)

I was told by Jessica that they NO LONGER offer a discounted pistol purchase (used to be 1 or 2 per year, for their 3 yr certification period) for GSSF members that took the Armorer's course. This changed a few months ago.

:crying::crying::crying:

This does not affect LE members who are Armorer's, as they will still get the same discount program as before.

Just a heads up for those that wanted to do the course to get the discount.

kodiakpb
10-31-2012, 09:51
You still get GSSF pricing though right?

emtjr928
10-31-2012, 10:12
If that's so,,, I'm glad I took advantage in the first year of eligibility!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

DakotaGlockGuy
10-31-2012, 10:20
You still get GSSF pricing though right?

Yes, the GSSF pricing discount still applies, and you get one pistol per calendar year.

viper144
10-31-2012, 11:28
So you are saying NO discount coupon at all for GSSF Members taking the class?

Well I guess at least I didn't spend as much on gas and time as you did yesterday, it was only 30 miles for me.

DakotaGlockGuy
10-31-2012, 11:52
So you are saying NO discount coupon at all for GSSF Members taking the class?

Well I guess at least I didn't spend as much on gas and time as you did yesterday, it was only 30 miles for me.

It was over 4.5 hrs one-way for me. The nice thing is that we have a little Civic Hybrid, and gas insn't expensive when you're getting 47.3 miles to the gallon!

They still have the GSSF coupon discount. That's where you get ONE pistol per calendar year at a GSSF discounted rate, either AFTER a year (if you only signed up for a year GSSF membership) OR per year if you signed up for a multi-year membership. The GSSF discount program has NOT changed. You don't even need the Armorer's class to take advantage of this. Just the multi-year GSSF membership gives you the coupon.

What I'm talking about is the ARMORER discount. That's where if you were an Armorer (GSSF or LE, didn't matter), you got 2 pistols per year at a discount lower than the GSSF prices. THAT is the program they did away with about a month ago.

WheelGunFan
10-31-2012, 12:01
I asked about this some time ago and got by head bitten off for even making the suggestion that this may be the case.

Glad someone has now confirmed it.

I took the Armorer's Class on Sept 13th, they said it went into effect Sept 1st. I still liked the class and I am more confident it taking apart my own guns, but otherwise, yes loosing that extra discount and gun sucks.

DannyR
10-31-2012, 12:58
I've been a certified armorer since 1997 and have only used the discount program once, so it's not big deal to me.:wavey:

DakotaGlockGuy
10-31-2012, 13:11
I've been a certified armorer since 1997 and have only used the discount program once, so it's not big deal to me.:wavey:

This must be what those starving kids in Africa my mom always told me about, feel like when they see people throw food away. LOL!!!:wow:

Photoman642
10-31-2012, 13:17
Kind of hard to get excited about the "discount" programs when you can buy an "as new" one for less.

Beanie-Bean
10-31-2012, 14:07
Well, that's OK as long as we can still order parts at a discount. As previously mentioned in the other posts, you can usually find some demo or "like new" models at a pretty good discount if you look hard enough, or if your timing is right :)

Several of the Glock models I purchased were at the same price as GSSF or LE, and it saved me from having to surrender a pistol purchase coupon, or from having to fax in a pistol request as an armorer.

DakotaGlockGuy
10-31-2012, 14:35
Well, that's OK as long as we can still order parts at a discount.

The parts discount looks great. I've just heard getting the parts can take a while... :upeyes:

DannyR
10-31-2012, 14:41
I qualify for the L.E. discount at my L.E. dealer 60 miles away, so I just buy my Glocks there.:wavey:

Beanie-Bean
10-31-2012, 14:48
The parts discount looks great. I've just heard getting the parts can take a while... :upeyes:

My last order took about four weeks to arrive. I haven't done any lately, but may be ordering a few new extractors for the 9X19 pistols I've got...

I qualify for the L.E. discount at my L.E. dealer 60 miles away, so I just buy my Glocks there.:wavey:

But Danny...I thought you already owned all the GAPs? :supergrin: Just messing with you there. Cheers!

DakotaGlockGuy
10-31-2012, 14:52
My last order took about four weeks to arrive. I haven't done any lately, but may be ordering a few new extractors for the 9X19 pistols I've got...

That's not bad. I had heard it was months, not weeks! Glad to hear that's not the case. I'll probably start stock-piling some of the more common parts soon.

Glock Junkie
10-31-2012, 14:59
How much does the Armorer class cost?

DakotaGlockGuy
10-31-2012, 15:01
How much does the Armorer class cost?

This one was $195.

shakazulu12
10-31-2012, 15:36
Damnit, knew I should have taken that class earlier this year. Still going to do it, but never fun to hear a benefit going away. Totally understandable given the current production situation. If you are several hundred thousand guns behind on orders, why give any away at a lower price?

RMD
11-01-2012, 11:00
I was told the same thing today :-(

Morris
11-01-2012, 11:46
I usually get parts in less than three weeks, closer to two in most cases.

Cost is $195 and Glock buys you lunch.

Ronbars
11-01-2012, 12:43
I didn't take the armorer's course for the discounted pistols, but losing that privilege sure sucks.

seventrs
11-01-2012, 15:41
Hopefully you don't end up losing the other ones either. I get worried they will do away with the blue label program.

DakotaGlockGuy
11-01-2012, 15:45
I didn't take the armorer's course for the discounted pistols, but losing that privilege sure sucks.

This is the same for me...

LiebeGlock
11-01-2012, 18:30
I would call back... Hate to say it but those chicks that answer the phones at Glock sometimes don't know what they're talking about.

But if two of you guys heard the same thing, it's probably sad to say that it's true. :(

Least you have reliable people on here to sell you almost new guns at a good price! :)

DakotaGlockGuy
11-01-2012, 19:17
I would call back... Hate to say it but those chicks that answer the phones at Glock sometimes don't know what they're talking about.

But if two of you guys heard the same thing, it's probably sad to say that it's true. :(

Least you have reliable people on here to sell you almost new guns at a good price! :)

The gal I spoke to wasn't the gal that answered the phone. I told the gal I answered the phone about my question and she transferred me to Jessica. Jes was very knowledgeable, and even clarified the difference between the armorer's discount and the GSSF discount.

BroncoAZ
02-11-2013, 23:58
That sucks, I saw a G20 Gen 4 blue label today and I was going to call in for a coupon to buy it. I signed up for the Armorer program in July 2012, getting the coupons was part of my justification in taking the course. My GSSF coupon is due in this month, but I still feel cheated.

bentbiker
02-12-2013, 00:59
I signed up for the Armorer program in July 2012, getting the coupons was part of my justification in taking the course.Was armorer pricing ever written into the certification program? If so, since you signed up before the Sept 1 date of the change, I don't see how they can deny you what you were promised when you signed up for the course. You should talk to them.

BamaTrooper
02-12-2013, 08:29

For everyone, right? Everyone is in the same boat due to demand?

emtjr928
02-12-2013, 08:54
For everyone, right? Everyone is in the same boat due to demand?

That's correct! Glock currently has orders for 750,000 pistols and 1,000,000 magazines in house! :eek:
Got those numbers from Chris and Mark last weekend!
This too shall pass,,, eventually.
:thumbup:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

PhotoFeller
08-23-2013, 17:58
I'm wondering if anyone who took the armorer course when the discount was part of the deal has been turned down for the discount. My course material included the pistol and parts discount brochure with the order form; it was a contract, so to speak, so I'd be surprised if they took away the benefit retroactively.

I want to order a G17, and my local guy's Glock prices are much higher than they used to be. Now I find out that the armorer discount has been dropped...maybe. I'm hoping those who took the course in early 2012 might have been grandfathered. Has anyone checked this out?

Beanie-Bean
08-23-2013, 20:45
PhotoFeller,

That ship has sailed. I called Glock last year to order something, and was told that the discounted purchase option was no longer offered to Glock Armorers.

PhotoFeller
08-23-2013, 23:59
PhotoFeller,

That ship has sailed. I called Glock last year to order something, and was told that the discounted purchase option was no longer offered to Glock Armorers.

Thanks. I think it was a great program, but all good things go away eventually.

So, whats the next best thing for buying a new Glock? Bud's, Gunbroker? I'm probably looking at $600-$650 for a local, cash deal. Any ideas?

Beanie-Bean
08-24-2013, 06:01
GSSF still offers discounts for multi-year memberships. My latest purchase was a G29 Gen4 :)

glock2740
08-24-2013, 09:28

This must be what those starving kids in Africa my mom always told me about, feel like when they see people throw food away. LOL!!!:wow:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bigmatt17073
08-24-2013, 11:43
I just joined GSSF for three years about a month ago and was so excited to receive my packet along with my discount GSSF pistol purchase coupon!!! But, with all of the recent surge in sales and back log it is not easy finding a blue label in stock (looking for 19 Gen 4). Maybe Glock figured with all the demand and their current back log they were doing just fine without giving out any more discounts.