Does Glock Clean Before Shipping? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does Glock Clean Before Shipping?

OldLincoln
10-31-2012, 11:57
I recently received my first Glock (G30 SF) and it had been cleaned and lubed from the factory. I checked the LGS and they said they didn't clean it. My last new gun had been packed in heavy lube in a sealed heavy plastic bad like you might expect of overseas delivery, so this is new to me. It really was range ready from the store. So are they all like this?

ojabog
10-31-2012, 12:08
yes....my G26 & G30 were the same way. You should have the copper colored packing grease in the rails. That is all I had on mine. My opinion is that Glocks run just fine with light lubing.

Bruce M
10-31-2012, 12:08
If you check the manual it will suggest that you clean it but leave the copper colored anti-seize substance on the gun and lubricate it prior to shooting it the first time. Some new ones I have opened seem to have more or less oil on them. My guess is that whatever is on there is more for inhibiting rust than for lubrication.

guns54
10-31-2012, 12:29
Both of mine were black in side,and a ton of oil.It took over 45 min to clean.

1-2man
10-31-2012, 12:42
Both of mine were black in side,and a ton of oil.It took over 45 min to clean.

Over 45 minutes??? :shocked:

Photoman642
10-31-2012, 13:19
I usually clean a new gun before shooting it. I've never had a new Glock that was full of oil, just the copper stuff.

OldLincoln
10-31-2012, 13:33
I ran a patch through the barrel and lightly lubed a few spots, but it was all clean and the rails showed copper grease. Even the spots I lubed had a feel of a very light oil, like a rub with a used dry patch. I just wanted the first time to be "special".

reelnative
10-31-2012, 20:43
mine came super kleen with the goldish color lube on the rails, took it to the range and poped 200rnds thru it took it home wiped down the burnt powder, cleaned the bore, did find blowby in the chamber that would not clean off, left the gold lube on the rails and buttoned her back up

125K9
11-01-2012, 11:08
No sir, they're not all like that. My last new G-19, a 3rd. gen. bought about two years ago, had NO copper grease on the rails and still had the residue from the couple of rounds fired at the factory. I've always cleaned/lubed new pistols to my standard before firing them so it wasn't a problem. But to answer your question, they're all a bit different.

freezetime
11-01-2012, 11:22
My new 19 wasnt very oily at all. A bit on the inside of the slide, but next to no oil on the slide rails. I did a very light cleaning and oiled the slide rails before I took it to the range today.

BuzznRose
11-01-2012, 12:09
Bought several new Glocks, and have had several back and forth to Smyrna for service.

Every gun I got from Glock, even the ones i sent in dirty, were spotlessly clean, and lubed with the gold grease.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

lethal tupperwa
11-01-2012, 12:16
the "Gold grease" is an anti seize compound.

I let it wear off.

guns54
11-01-2012, 12:23
Over 45 minutes??? :shocked:Hi. the in side looked like S-----T. I dont know what the black stuff was,But it was hard to get out.I Have been around guns for over 50 years, and iam 73 now and have never seen a gun look like this new in the box. I didnt mind the oil, but i dont know what the black stuff was,Even in the mag well. Its good to go now. I say its mine but its for my grandson.Have a safe day.P.S. And Grease In the hole gun.

ghr1142
11-01-2012, 13:30
I have found that the Glock needs little or no cleaning only after 1000 rounds or so I do a detail strip and clean.. "That's Me !! New guns out of the box !! different story. Clean slide rails of that copper lube and that's it . just make sure that the 6 oiling spots are ok ..

gro1142

TK-421
11-01-2012, 13:40
Mine looked just fine out of the box when I took it apart. I didn't notice any major amounts of oil or anything like that, just the copper lube that you're supposed to leave on there. So I just left it alone and put 150 rounds through it the first day at the range.

AustinTx
11-01-2012, 19:37
I recently received my first Glock (G30 SF) and it had been cleaned and lubed from the factory. I checked the LGS and they said they didn't clean it. My last new gun had been packed in heavy lube in a sealed heavy plastic bad like you might expect of overseas delivery, so this is new to me. It really was range ready from the store. So are they all like this?

What kind of gun came packed like that? I've never gotten one sealed up, in a plastic bag and the only oil has been very light, to prevent rust. I have bought military surplus guns with Cosmoline everywhere, but not a new manufacture.

TnShooter83
11-01-2012, 21:49
I've shot them right out of the box. And I've cleaned them before they were shot. Worked fine both ways. I'd still field strip it and at least inspect it before I shoot it. Never know what might be stuck in the barrel or inside.

All my new Glocks were clean from the factory. Someone must have a job of cleaning after test firing.

I all ways wanted to know if they just test the barrel and then install it in the pistol. Or if they actually test the pistol as a whole?

AustinTx
11-02-2012, 00:49
I've shot them right out of the box. And I've cleaned them before they were shot. Worked fine both ways. I'd still field strip it and at least inspect it before I shoot it. Never know what might be stuck in the barrel or inside.

All my new Glocks were clean from the factory. Someone must have a job of cleaning after test firing.

I all ways wanted to know if they just test the barrel and then install it in the pistol. Or if they actually test the pistol as a whole?

Every new gun that I have bought, has been fired and NOT cleaned. Even if proof isn't required, in the US, they have all been fired at least 1 time.