Wait time for pistol won at GSSF Match ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wait time for pistol won at GSSF Match ??

Pages : [1] 2

Chuckc
10-31-2012, 16:41
I won a pistol at the Portland, OR GSSF match in June. It has been 3 months since the paperwork was received at GSSF headquarters.
I went for a Gen 4 G34 and paid the difference.
Anyone have a clue how long I will have to wait to get this jewel??:upeyes:

ede
10-31-2012, 17:11
Depends on what they have or what you want. If it's on the shelf the wait isn't long. If you have to wait on them to make a run it can be a while. I ordered a G17 and G20 at same time. G20 came in few weeks and the G17 took 3 months or more, you just never know but I'd be thinking soon. Seldom hear of anyone going much past 3 months wait for anything.

yobohadi
10-31-2012, 17:16
You could always call GSSF to find out, the paperwork says not to contact them until after the 12 week mark. I would check with your FFL first to make sure it hasn't been sitting there before you call GSSF.

SARDG
10-31-2012, 18:16
The paperwork is old. GSSF now says not to call them for 150 days - that's 5 months. I waited 10.5 weeks to get a G17; now at 12.5 weeks for a G20 and still waiting. I was a good girl and didn't call them, and the 17 eventually showed up.

S.Kargoh
10-31-2012, 18:43
Chuck,
I won a pistol at said match and got it about a month ago.

It was a gen 4 26.

Hopefully yours is coming quick.

Now we just have to wait for Bremerton finals. Coming up on 2 months since match.

Comrade Bork
10-31-2012, 21:02
People are used to dealing with retailers, and possibly, wholesalers.

They tend to think Glock should operate like the retailers and wholesalers they are used to simply because that is what they are used to and have come to expect.

GSSF guns are about as close as Glock actually gets to a "retail" transaction.

BUT GLOCK IS NOT, WILL NEVER BE, AND WILL NEVER ACT LIKE, A RETAILER OR WHOLESALER. They see no reason to. NEVER expect them to!

Glock is a MANUFACTURER.

Glock does not operate like a retailer. It does not operate like a wholesaler.

It operates LIKE A MANUFACTURER.

The guns GSSF sends out for awards and whatnot, in a year, do not add up to the guns Glock itself puts out in just one 8-hour shift!

GSSF is NOT the tail that wags the Glock hund.

Very much the opposite is true.

GLOCK makes the models it chooses, when it chooses, in the quantities it chooses, based on the orders it has in hand at any given time.

If they happen to run a lot of the model you want, you will get it sooner.

But if you want something of lesser demand, none are left on the shelf from a previous production run, and Glock is not going to make a run of that model until it has enough orders in hand to justify a production run, you will wait for that production run.

You will wait however long it is until Glock decides to make a production run of that model.

And not a day sooner.

mike g35
11-01-2012, 06:56
I received my Gen 4 G34 about two months ago. It took about two months to get it after the Dayton match. If they only make one run of that model a year you may be in for a wait. However I seriously doubt that's the case. Shouldn't be too much longer, hang in there. :) :wavey:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

SARDG
11-01-2012, 07:18
...Shouldn't be too much longer, hang in there. :) :wavey:
...and if you don't have it in 5 months, give them a call.

GSSF coupons are for those in a hurry (well, more or less); GSSF prize award certificates are for those who don't mind actually forgetting that they have a gun on order, before it finally arrives at your FFL.

DannyR
11-01-2012, 07:21
You must keep in mind that in May of 2012, Glock was 522,000 pistols behind in production, and that was with both Smyrna and Austria working 3 shifts per day, 5 days per week. Things have improved since then, but Smyrna receives whatever Austria decides to produce. Free pistols may take a while, but free is free. If you do not wish to wait, then give me your certificate. I'll gladly wait for a free pistol.:cool:

One could blame paranoid gun owners, stockpiling guns and ammo in anticipation of next weeks election.:whistling:

mike g35
11-02-2012, 08:58
...and if you don't have it in 5 months, give them a call.

GSSF coupons are for those in a hurry (well, more or less); GSSF prize award certificates are for those who don't mind actually forgetting that they have a gun on order, before it finally arrives at your FFL.

Best way to deal with a random gun after sending in your paperwork and upgrade fees? DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT.
My new Gen 4 G19 will get here when it gets here. Like Danny said, its free, ya can't complain about waiting 4-5 months for a FREE gun. Just think about those poor souls buying Infinity 2011's, 12-13 MONTHS for a gun that's price starts at $3K!!!!! That's crazy!!!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

cookselk
11-02-2012, 18:01
12 weeks Monday and still waiting for a G4 21.

I really hadn't checked until I saw this thread, when it gets here it gets here.

ashylarry777
02-07-2013, 19:48
Hey everyone, I also won a Glock at a Gssf shoot in October and was wondering how long, if anyone paid with debit, after your payment clears should I expect to see it.
Considering the times with a high demand from Glock I expect to wait longer than the stated 12 weeks.
Thanks

SARDG
02-07-2013, 20:16
...Considering the times with a high demand from Glock I expect to wait longer than the stated 12 weeks.
Thanks
GSSF says 180 days - not the 12 weeks printed on the cert. I have been waiting 190+ days for my G20 so far.

ashylarry777
02-07-2013, 20:24
GSSF says 180 days - not the 12 weeks printed on the cert. I have been waiting 190+ days for my G20 so far.
Wow, I went with a 34 so idk if that lengthens the wait time or not. Good thing I'll be picking up a 17 & 26 very soon.
Thanks for the update

cookselk
02-07-2013, 23:50
Got my 21 on Jan. 31st. They received my paperwork on August 13th and billed my CC on August 20th.

ashylarry777
02-08-2013, 05:42
Got my 21 on Jan. 31st. They received my paperwork on August 13th and billed my CC on August 20th.

Nice, I'm probably looking at late summer then.
They received my paperwork and processed it on December 11th, but have yet to charge my debit card.

ashylarry777
02-26-2013, 21:42
Payment was taken out this past Saturday the 23rd. I hope this means it's coming soon, not holding my breath though.

Davers
02-27-2013, 11:45
WOW-Reading the posts above I am very lucky either to live 15 miles from Glocks hdqs [U.S.] or was at my FFD Symrna Police Distribtuors at the right time . I won a random award at the 2012 Coyners Ga. shoot & got my prize package in the mail in late Nov or ealry Dec then went to my FFD S.P.D. ON DEC 7 2012 and picked out of what they had in stock at that time fortunately they had the gen 4 g 26 I wanted I just paid the upgrade fee & put on nite sights & walked out with my gun. I had thought they had to send the paper work off ,but they said they were not required to anymore .'NOT BOASTING' I wish for a quick return for those who are waiting.p.s. Thanks to S.P.D. & happy B-DAY to Cindy at GSSF

njl
02-27-2013, 21:40
The 30S is the new hotness...so hopefully they're making big batches of them, and mine won't take as long as some have.

I didn't even think to call around to the local Glock LE dealers to see if they'd swap my certificate + upgrade fee for a 30S. I didn't think any did that.

legacy38
02-28-2013, 17:33
WOW-Reading the posts above I am very lucky either to live 15 miles from Glocks hdqs [U.S.] or was at my FFD Symrna Police Distribtuors at the right time . I won a random award at the 2012 Coyners Ga. shoot & got my prize package in the mail in late Nov or ealry Dec then went to my FFD S.P.D. ON DEC 7 2012 and picked out of what they had in stock at that time fortunately they had the gen 4 g 26 I wanted I just paid the upgrade fee & put on nite sights & walked out with my gun. I had thought they had to send the paper work off ,but they said they were not required to anymore .'NOT BOASTING' I wish for a quick return for those who are waiting.p.s. Thanks to S.P.D. & happy B-DAY to Cindy at GSSF

I miss the days of having a local distributor who would give me GSSF award pistols out of his inventory.

I'm fast approaching 12 weeks on my pistol from Conyers.

SARDG
02-28-2013, 19:08
...I'm fast approaching 12 weeks on my pistol from Conyers.
According to GSSF, think 180 days + depending on pistol.

Able 5
03-01-2013, 07:21
Mailed my paperwork on 26 NOV. G30SF arrived at my FFL on 26 FEB. Happy, Happy, Happy

legacy38
03-01-2013, 19:15
According to GSSF, think 180 days + depending on pistol.

I know that. I read the certificate.

I previously got them directly out of inventory from a former distributor. I was able to walk into a shop, hand over an award certificate, and walk out of the store with the pistol of my choosing. I can't to that anymore, and I am at 12 weeks waiting on this pistol for which I had to send in the certificate to Glock. I was lamenting the days of old. I understand that I could be waiting for quite some time.

BABOB
03-02-2013, 18:17
Sent my award cert. in the first week of Nov. 2012 for a Gen 4 G20 and I'm still waiting.

njl
03-02-2013, 18:30
I'd guess the G20 is one of the less popular Glocks and therefore produced with less frequency. You certainly don't see much 10mm shot at GSSF matches. Not much .357 either though.

FLFireLT
03-02-2013, 18:40
I was recently told 270 days by glock on a blue label order, not sure if prize guns come from the same stock but that was in an email from glock last week when I inquired about ordering.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

njl
03-02-2013, 19:14
I was recently told 270 days by glock on a blue label order, not sure if prize guns come from the same stock but that was in an email from glock last week when I inquired about ordering.

9 months?!? So, that's where Glocks come from.

FLFireLT
03-02-2013, 19:24
Roflmao njl..... Hadn't thought about it that way!!!

njl
03-03-2013, 13:32
I was thinking about this again today. A lot [of other things] can happen in 9 months.

You could change jobs and move.

Your FFL could go out of business, move, die.

I wonder...does Glock do some kind of "just before shipping" check to make sure the FFL the gun is going to is still around?

The one I used is, AFAIK, a sole proprieter. if something happens to him between now and whenever my 30S is ready to ship, what happens?

Comrade Bork
03-03-2013, 20:07
I was thinking about this again today. A lot [of other things] can happen in 9 months.

You could change jobs and move.

Your FFL could go out of business, move, die.

I wonder...does Glock do some kind of "just before shipping" check to make sure the FFL the gun is going to is still around?

The one I used is, AFAIK, a sole proprieter. if something happens to him between now and whenever my 30S is ready to ship, what happens?

Anything can happen.

Glock has no control about what happens at the FFL level.

All they can do is ship the gun to the FFL you selected.

If it helps any, GLOCK has been sending these award guns out for going on 22 years now.

Every winner, eventually gets the gun.

It may take a while, but they get it.

BABOB
03-06-2013, 06:29
It's my understanding that all Gen 4's come with three magazines. So my Gen 4 G20 should have three mags in the case?

SARDG
03-06-2013, 06:57
It's my understanding that all Gen 4's come with three magazines. So my Gen 4 G20 should have three mags in the case?
Yes, your label says "3 15RND" or something like that. Glock just put out a letter to dealers telling them not to screw customers out of the correct number of mags - or else!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

BABOB
03-06-2013, 07:07
Yes, your label says "3 15RND" or something like that. Glock just put out a letter to dealers telling them not to screw customers out of the correct number of mags - or else!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Thanks SARDG for the info.

I contacted GSSF Monday and asked if it was not too much trouble could they tell me when my Gen 4 G20 would ship. The reply I got was "Your pistol arrived at you FFL on 02-15-13." They've had it two weeks now and never bothered to call. :steamed: I confirmed through the FFL that they did have my pistol. :supergrin:

SARDG
03-06-2013, 08:36
That's about when I received my Gen4 G20 so they must have all gone out at that time. Be certain your FFL includes the 3 mags or call GSSF while you're at the LGS if otherwise. Glock ships 3 mags, as the label will say.

Able 5
03-06-2013, 15:15
That's about when I received my Gen4 G20 so they must have all gone out at that time. Be certain your FFL includes the 3 mags or call GSSF while you're at the LGS if otherwise. Glock ships 3 mags, as the label will say.

Careful, not all ship with 3 mags. My 30SF came with 2 10 round mags as noted on the box. We dont want to get the forum in a tizzy. See ya at Prospect Hill Sunday.

SARDG
03-06-2013, 17:54
Careful, not all ship with 3 mags. My 30SF came with 2 10 round mags as noted on the box. We dont want to get the forum in a tizzy. See ya at Prospect Hill Sunday.
BABOB was asking about Gen4s which all come with 3 mags. Regardless... confusion on any level can be averted by simply insisting on receiving the number of mags printed on the label for any particular Glock.

Won't be at Prospect Hill. My next match is Reevesville All Ladies at the end of April. :wavey:

Comrade Bork
03-06-2013, 19:16

Subcompacts - G26/27/29/30/33/36/39 - ship with 2 mags.

Everything else ships with 3 mags.

That is standard. :dunno:

S.Kargoh
03-06-2013, 20:25
My g26 came with 3 mags.

Also my g21.

Glockumollie
03-06-2013, 20:30
I'm brand new here so forgive me jumping in here. Did you win a New Glock Pistol as a prize for a shooting competition. Wow, how much was the amount they gave you and how much did you have to pay. I would have went for the 30s. I wont rest until I get one. Good shooting, congratulations.

BABOB
03-07-2013, 04:28
The point is that it has been the practice of some FFLs to keep the third magazine and they are not supposed to.

Able 5
03-07-2013, 12:29
@ SARDG, Wife will be there also. Sorry I mistakenly thought you were going to the NC match.

@ BABOB, sounds like I would find me a new FFL.

wilhelm51
03-07-2013, 13:35
The point is that it has been the practice of some FFLs to keep the third magazine and they are not supposed to.

I think we're talking two things here. If it is a purchase using a GSSF coupon it is a deceitful practice. I would no longer do business there.

If it is a certificate and they are only processing the paperwork of a gun you won at a match then it is theft and they should lose their FFL.

BABOB
03-07-2013, 15:06
I think we're talking two things here. If it is a purchase using a GSSF coupon it is a deceitful practice. I would no longer do business there.

If it is a certificate and they are only processing the paperwork of a gun you won at a match then it is theft and they should lose their FFL.

I had a dealer in Columbus, OH keep my 3rd mag. a few years back when I used my GSSF coupon for a G17. The next year I got a G19 from the same dealer and got all three mags. I told them about only getting two the year before and found out that employee was let go for several reasons, one of which was keeping mags from GSSF customers. They did not offer to make it up to me though.

Last year I used my award cert. for a Gen 3 G34 and got three mags with it from my local FFL. I'm using the same FFL for the Gen 4 G20 that I'm picking up tonight after work. There better be three 15 rd mags with it.

ashylarry777
03-20-2013, 07:14
I Called GSSF two weeks ago and I spoke with Melany.
She told me my order is in and it's in production, and for me to call back April 4th to see if she has an exact shipping date if it hasn't been shipped yet.
I'm excited, just on time for my birthday.

malladus
03-27-2013, 07:21
My 39 I won at Mobile and ordered near end of November showed up at my FFL yesterday. About 4 months.

malladus

Melissa5
03-27-2013, 18:13
I just received paperwork from Glock today and it says to allow 20 weeks for delivery. :faint:

njl
03-27-2013, 18:28
I just received paperwork from Glock today and it says to allow 20 weeks for delivery. :faint:

Yikes. Mine from Clearwater said to allow at least 16 weeks. I'm just over 4 weeks into the wait.

malladus
03-29-2013, 09:21
My 39 I won at Mobile and ordered near end of November showed up at my FFL yesterday. About 4 months.

malladus

Qouting myself, an all time internet low! Turns out that it was my Gen 4 19 that showed up and not the 39. I ordered it with my certificate from San Antonio so just about 3 months.

They did charge my card for both guns so I'm hoping my 39 shows up before Carollton match. Also my father-in-laws card was charged last week for his Gen 4 37 from San Antonio so the pipeline may be opening up some.

malladus

drb1611
03-29-2013, 13:01
Conyers prize G21 just arrived at LGS. 15 weeks since I submitted the form to Glock. Credit card was charged 2 1/2 weeks before I got the call from the LGS.

dvrdwn72
03-29-2013, 18:30
Got my certificate sent off today. Well see how long I wait.

frankt
03-30-2013, 13:14
I sent my certificate Wednesday.

I am not expecting it in time for Dawsonville In July but who knows.

G17 gen4

arnoldstrong
03-31-2013, 15:59
Conyers prize G21 just arrived at LGS. 15 weeks since I submitted the form to Glock. Credit card was charged 2 1/2 weeks before I got the call from the LGS.

You're making me optimistic...I have a prize gun from conyers too and I'm at exactly 18 weeks tomorrow..cc was charged on 19-MAR

Comrade Bork
04-01-2013, 19:18
With any new Glock, especially ones sent directly from Glock in connection with GSSF matches, always check the label on the box.

Depending on the model, it should have shipped with either 2 or 3 mags. The number of mags shipped should be stated right there on the label on the box.

When the dealer pulls the box out, check the label. If it has been sliced through, the box has been opened. Probably by the Dealer.

Then check to ensure the number of mags in the box matches what the label says should be in the box.

If it were me, I would have one of the dealer's employees standing right there while I (1) read off the label as to how many mags should be in the box, (2) slice open the label, (3) open the box, and (4) make sure the number of mags that should be in the box, are in the box.

If you are the first one to open the box and it does not containing the requisite number of mags, I would take that up with Glock.

But if that box has been opened and it does not contain the number of mags the label says should be in there, I would start raising HECK with the dealer, loudly, right then and there for all his other customers to hear.

And I would not take any lame excuses like "Glock did not ship the right number of mags". I would sooner trust Glock to pack the box right than accept the word of a dealer that Glock made the mistake. Make them cough up the mag. They had NO business opening that box in the first place until you are there to do it yourself!

As stated above, the word is "THEFT".

Don't get me wrong. Most dealers are honest. But you don't know until one tries to screw you.

SARDG
04-01-2013, 21:38
...But if that box has been opened and it does not contain the number of mags the label says should be in there, I would start raising HECK with the dealer, loudly, right then and there for all his other customers to hear.

And I would not take any lame excuses like "Glock did not ship the right number of mags". I would sooner trust Glock to pack the box right than accept the word of a dealer that Glock made the mistake. Make them cough up the mag. They had NO business opening that box in the first place until you are there to do it yourself...
I think they may have business opening the box to check in and record the gun. I've had guns delivered in 2 different states, by three different FFLs and the boxes were always open. But then... none of the FFLs ever tried to cheat me out of a mag anyway.

legacy38
04-02-2013, 08:07
If I held an FFL, I would personally inspect the actual firearm to make sure the serial number on the actual firearm matched the paperwork; so, I don't get worked up about the box being opened. However, I do expect all of the OEM contents to be in the box. Thankfully, I have never had an FFL try to mess with an order.

dvrdwn72
04-06-2013, 13:40
all,, blue label glocks come with 3 mags. Gen 3 or 4. Somebody done got ripped off!!

njl
04-06-2013, 13:58
all,, blue label glocks come with 3 mags. Gen 3 or 4. Somebody done got ripped off!!

Last I heard, subcompact gen3s only came with 2 mags.

DannyR
04-06-2013, 15:53
Blue Label Gen3 subcompacts have always come with only two magazines. No one was ripped off.

dvrdwn72
04-06-2013, 16:39
I assumed because mine came with 3 they all did. Guess they all dont. My bad

Shooter64
04-10-2013, 09:43
GSSF received my paperwork on 12/10/12. My dealer received my pistol at 8:45am on 4/10/12. Four month wait time.

Sent from TapTalk 2

SARDG
04-10-2013, 10:08
GSSF received my paperwork on 12/10/12. My dealer received my pistol at 8:45am on 4/10/12. Four month wait time.

Sent from TapTalk 2
Nah... LGS received it on 4/10/13. :wavey:

PM720
04-10-2013, 12:02
Nah... LGS received it on 4/10/13. :wavey:

Either that or they have a time machine and have been sitting on your pistol for a LOOOOOONG time!! :whistling: :rofl::rofl:

Scott

Shooter64
04-10-2013, 19:36

Sent from TapTalk 2

Opps, that's what I get for posting with my phone. Yes it was 4/10/13, not 12.

njl
04-10-2013, 20:57
I'm a little over 6 weeks into the wait for my 30S. No activity on the credit card yet :(

emerilnut
04-15-2013, 20:06
How long after the credit card is rung up does the gun usually take to arrive at your FFL?

Shooter64
04-15-2013, 20:12
How long after the credit card is rung up does the gun usually take to arrive at your FFL?

Two days for me.

Sent from TapTalk 2

legacy38
04-16-2013, 14:22

Two days for me.

Sent from TapTalk 2

I am at 3 weeks plus since my card was charged. They had my paperwork for over three months before charging my card.

legacy38
04-18-2013, 09:00
My pistol was delivered about 15 minutes ago.

waterfowl-widowmaker
04-19-2013, 14:44
I'm at 5 weeks.

njl
04-19-2013, 19:35
I'm at nearly 8 weeks on a G30S. Still no activity on the CC.

According to my paperwork, I'm at about the half way point.

royal91
04-23-2013, 17:56
I'm one of the RO's that worked this past weekends match in Morganton NC. Sent my paperwork off yesterday. Getting a 34 Gen 4.

njl
04-23-2013, 18:21
I'm one of the RO's that worked this past weekends match in Morganton NC. Sent my paperwork off yesterday. Getting a 34 Gen 4.

You won one via the RO drawing? How many weeks/months/years did it say to expect to wait?

royal91
04-23-2013, 19:22
You won one via the RO drawing? How many weeks/months/years did it say to expect to wait?

They said it would be right around 12 weeks. The paperwork will be in their hands at the end of the week though. (According to post office) And yeah through the RO drawing. I was the last name called.

I was sitting next to someone I met, just finished saying "So if you win a pistol you'll give it to me right?" When They called my name. LOL. Everyone cheered, it was a great experience all weekend long. You all can bet I'll be back again next year.

SARDG
04-23-2013, 20:31
They said it would be right around 12 weeks...
Who are "they"? :headscratch:

royal91
04-24-2013, 06:07
Who are "they"? :headscratch:

The guys from GSSF that called my name when doing the free pistol drawing. Also said 12 weeks on the paperwork.

SARDG
04-24-2013, 06:52
The guys from GSSF that called my name when doing the free pistol drawing. Also said 12 weeks on the paperwork.
Paperwork has always said 12 weeks - even though people have waited 7 months. Even GSSF was saying 5 months, and that was before they were 1 million pistols behind.

njl
04-25-2013, 17:58
Paperwork has always said 12 weeks - even though people have waited 7 months. Even GSSF was saying 5 months, and that was before they were 1 million pistols behind.

Mine from a Clearwater 2013 win had printed on it "Please allow at least 16 weeks for delivery."

I'm a little more than half way there...and trying to resist the urge to contact GSSF just to check and make sure they received it. I didn't want the hassle of going into the post office, so I sent it regular first class / no delivery confirmation.

emerilnut
04-26-2013, 06:51
Got a call from my FFL yesterday!!! My Gen4 19 has arrived!! :) I sent the "random award" cert in January 18th, so this was a 14 week wait for me.

The cert that I had was awarded Sep 2012, and it said to allow 12 weeks for delivery.

dking1
04-26-2013, 18:54
:wavey::strong: According the GSSF my prize guns were shipped 4/15 & 4/24!!! Yeah! The question is how are they shipped? Next day or snail mail...? Anybody know?:wavey:

SARDG
04-26-2013, 21:44
:wavey::strong: According the GSSF my prize guns were shipped 4/15 & 4/24!!! Yeah! The question is how are they shipped? Next day or snail mail...? Anybody know?:wavey:
I think they send ALL guns by 2nd day air (FEDEX). Even if they used the pony express, your gun from 4/15 should have long since arrived at your FFL.

mike g35
04-27-2013, 08:22
I heard that the paperwork now says 20 weeks instead of 12. True?

dking1
04-27-2013, 09:36

Got 'em! Nothing like the smell of a new glock on a Saturday morning...:woohoo:

emerilnut
04-27-2013, 12:50
Got 'em! Nothing like the smell of a new glock on a Saturday morning...:woohoo:

Congrats! Enjoy!

I've only had mine 24 hours... already cleaned and lubed, installed my Vickers Tactical slide release, and some grip tape installed on top of the slide between barrel hood and front sight :) Going to Glock on Monday afternoon for night sights. SWEEEET.

njl
04-27-2013, 15:27
Oh boy...The credit card charge from Glock for my 30S upgrade just appeared as having happened last Thursday. Based on other posts to this thread, that suggests I'm 2-3 weeks away from arrival.

SARDG
04-27-2013, 17:38
I heard that the paperwork now says 20 weeks instead of 12. True?
What does it matter, Mike? My paperwork said 12 weeks, but I had heard it was 5 months. But when I called in 5 months asking about my pistol, they told me it was 6 months.

njl
04-27-2013, 18:23
What does it matter, Mike? My paperwork said 12 weeks, but I had heard it was 5 months. But when I called in 5 months asking about my pistol, they told me it was 6 months.

That was on your G20, right?

SARDG
04-27-2013, 20:39
That was on your G20, right?
Correct; and admittedly the 20 likely has somewhat limited runs. Just ordered a Gen4 G30 last week so we'll see if that's any better.

njl
04-27-2013, 21:32
Correct; and admittedly the 20 likely has somewhat limited runs. Just ordered a Gen4 G30 last week so we'll see if that's any better.

That's what I was going to say next. Maybe someone can dig up some production stats...but I'd bet they make several times as many 9mm and .40 Glocks as 10mm...and probably still a couple times as many .45 as 10mm. The G20 is probably one of the least produced models they make...so I bet they only setup a production line for it every so often.

mike g35
04-28-2013, 06:07

Just wondering if the form had changed. Are the G30S and all the new Gen 4 models on there now?
I'll be shooting Dayton, just wanna be ready after I win my new gun. :)

SARDG
04-29-2013, 06:08
Just wondering if the form had changed. Are the G30S and all the new Gen 4 models on there now?
It doesn't matter what's printed on the form; you can write in any regularly distributed, currently available model you want. I wrote in my Gen4 G20 when I ordered it and just wrote in a Gen4 G30 on a year-old certificate to order that. (No ODs, FDEs, 17Ls, 24s naturally.) Regular appropriate up-charges apply.

You'll probably have me beat on gun wins this year unless I get real lucky.

arnoldstrong
04-29-2013, 17:09
I'm at 22 weeks since sending, waiting for a G-22C...Card charged on 19-MAR...AND I LIVE IN SMYRNA, GA :-/

I wish we lived in a world where I could just go pick it up

LOL

emerilnut
04-30-2013, 15:28
Oh boy...The credit card charge from Glock for my 30S upgrade just appeared as having happened last Thursday. Based on other posts to this thread, that suggests I'm 2-3 weeks away from arrival.

Not sure it's that short. On my 19, card was charged 3/25 and got the phone call on 4/26.

emerilnut
04-30-2013, 15:30
That's what I was going to say next. Maybe someone can dig up some production stats...but I'd bet they make several times as many 9mm and .40 Glocks as 10mm...and probably still a couple times as many .45 as 10mm. The G20 is probably one of the least produced models they make...so I bet they only setup a production line for it every so often.

I'd have to agree. It has a lot to do with how common the model is. When I finally called in on mine at the 12 week mark (after my card had been charged) the girl told me that it shouldn't be too much longer since I wanted a 19. I think if I had wanted a 31 32 or 33, it would have been a while.

Comrade Bork
05-01-2013, 13:31
When Glock hits your credit card for an upgrade fee, and when the gun actually ships, have nothing to do with each other. :upeyes:

Glock hits the credit card when they enter the order into their production/shipping database.

That way, they can deal with any payment issues before the order is entered. :crying:

After that, it ships when it ships.

dvrdwn72
05-02-2013, 18:04
It doesn't matter what's printed on the form; you can write in any regularly distributed, currently available model you want. I wrote in my Gen4 G20 when I ordered it and just wrote in a Gen4 G30 on a year-old certificate to order that. (No ODs, FDEs, 17Ls, 24s naturally.) Regular appropriate up-charges apply.

You'll probably have me beat on gun wins this year unless I get real lucky.I did see the glock 30s on my form.

dvrdwn72
05-02-2013, 18:05
My card was charged today, gen 4 22. From the orlando match,,

njl
05-02-2013, 18:09
My card was charged today, gen 4 22. From the orlando match,,

That was fast. Maybe they're getting "caught up"?

SARDG
05-02-2013, 18:44
That was fast. Maybe they're getting "caught up"?
Good... I ordered my Gen4 G30 about a week ago and I plan to start whining in about another week. :supergrin: ...though I would doubt seriously about them being caught up.

dvrdwn72
05-02-2013, 18:46
Well, I did order a popular model,, I mean they must make a ton of the 22. What is funny is I won a drawing for an fn fns 40 and it only took 2 weeks from the time my certificate was recieved to get it. The owner also said someone was in with an hk certificate and it took a week for him.

njl
05-02-2013, 19:19
Good... I ordered my Gen4 G30 about a week ago and I plan to start whining in about another week. :supergrin: ...though I would doubt seriously about them being caught up.

You eat too much! You go home now! Glock buffet closed!

:rofl:

PM720
05-02-2013, 19:29

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SARDG
05-02-2013, 19:53

:crying:

:tongueout:

cvoharley
05-04-2013, 09:38

My credit card was charged last week for my 30S from the Clearwater match. I called GSSF and asked if the card had been charged, did that mean that it was about to be shipped? Not thinking that I should have looked here first for an answer. Anyway, the gentleman says "You wouldn't happen to be from Florida? ... Are you on Glocktalk?"
:supergrin: I confirmed that I was now located in FL and that I was on the site but hadn't checked it in a while.
I guess they really do pay attention to what is said here.
Needless to say, I'm still waiting.

njl
05-04-2013, 09:41

My credit card was charged last week for my 30S from the Clearwater match. I called GSSF and asked if the card had been charged, did that mean that it was about to be shipped? Not thinking that I should have looked here first for an answer. Anyway, the gentleman says "You wouldn't happen to be from Florida? ... Are you on Glocktalk?"
:supergrin: I confirmed that I was now located in FL and that I was on the site but hadn't checked it in a while.

You may have confused them...as it sounds like there are multiple G30S's on the way to GT'rs in Florida.

You left out the most important detail though. What did they say about your shipping date?

SARDG
05-04-2013, 10:07

If a gentleman answered, it was likely Mark Ramsey - and he's probably reading this post right now... :whistling:

Hiya Mark! :wavey:

Kitty

SARDG
05-04-2013, 10:12
You may have confused them...as it sounds like there are multiple G30S's on the way to GT'rs in Florida...
He simply knew that njl from FL has been whining about a 30S and perhaps thought that's who may be calling... :tongueout:

cvoharley
05-04-2013, 10:14
You may have confused them...as it sounds like there are multiple G30S's on the way to GT'rs in Florida.

You left out the most important detail though. What did they say about your shipping date?

Same thing... It could take up to 12 weeks. I didn't ask if that was from the time I sent in the paperwork or from now. Either way, I'm resolved that it will happen when it happens. No sense getting my self all worked up over a ship date. I figured it would be somewhere around the second week of June and if it comes in before that I'll be happy.

njl
05-04-2013, 10:15
He simply knew that njl from FL has been whining about a 30S and perhaps thought that's who may be calling... :tongueout:

Hey, I've been good. I mailed off the paperwork in late Feb, and have not called GSSF [yet] to check on my order's receipt/progress.

SARDG
05-04-2013, 10:21
Hey, I've been good. I mailed off the paperwork in late Feb, and have not called GSSF [yet] to check on my order's receipt/progress.
Late February?? That's nothin'... I waited 5 full months before I called at all, and who do you think answered... Mark Ramsey! He didn't help me too much, but it's always good talking to Mark. :rofl:

njl
05-04-2013, 10:35
Late February?? That's nothin'... I waited 5 full months before I called at all, and who do you think answered... Mark Ramsey! He didn't help me too much, but it's always good talking to Mark. :rofl:

Well, that's what happens when you order the red headed step child of the Glock pistol family.

Maybe you should order a G24 or G17L next time and see how long the wait is. :)

I know...you can't order those. But if you could, I bet even they would be more popular sellers than the G20.

SARDG
05-04-2013, 10:59
Well, that's what happens when you order the red headed step child of the Glock pistol family.

Maybe you should order a G24 or G17L next time and see how long the wait is. :)

I know...you can't order those. But if you could, I bet even they would be more popular sellers than the G20.
Yep, I am hoping to do a little better with my Gen4 G30 order...

Put about 50 rounds of 200gr factory ammo through the G20 then took it to Reevesville and shot factory ammo in Heavy Metal with a completely factory-stock gun - even the sights and dot (.) connector. Very happy with it - but it is a handful. Georgia Shooter (Barry) put about 20 rounds of factory through it, just for fun, and said he wasn't going to order one of those any time soon. I suspect my reloads will be more forgiving when I get "a round tuit".

1RoundEye
05-04-2013, 23:52

:wow: :faint:

AJE
05-08-2013, 13:47

You're shooting at the one in Dayton next weekend?

I'll be there as well... it will be my first GSSF.

njl
05-10-2013, 17:59
Just over 2 weeks now since my card was charged. Still no word from the FFL.

oddjob
05-12-2013, 21:48
My FFL's license expires in Sept/2013 so GSSF returned the entire package to me. GSSF indicated they can't accept any FFL's that expire before Dec 2013 due to back logs.

Oh well.....I can't get mad about a free Glock coming in late.

SARDG
05-12-2013, 21:54
My FFL's license expires in Sept/2013 so GSSF returned the entire package to me. GSSF indicated they can't accept any FFL's that expire before Dec 2013 due to back logs.

That strongly implies that the wait is now 7+ months. What pistol did you order?

njl
05-12-2013, 22:11

That seems kind of lame. Every FFL expires at some point. How far in advance is it "normal" to renew them and have the new one issued? ATF sends out renewal paperwork 90 days before expiration. Yours isn't there yet.

SARDG
05-12-2013, 22:24
That seems kind of lame.... ATF sends out renewal paperwork 90 days before expiration. Yours isn't there yet.
...and GSSF used to say that your FFL's paperwork couldn't expire in less than 90 days or it would be sent back. Seven months is just incredible.

malladus
05-13-2013, 15:35
Got two pistols in today. My father in law got the 37 he won in a random from San Antonio so about 4 months from when he order. I got my replacement 30 for the one that died in SA exactly 1 week from when I payed for it over the phone. That us some snappy service.

njl
05-15-2013, 17:31
Three weeks tomorrow since my card was charged.

Where is it!?! - YouTube

:)

njl
05-23-2013, 05:18
I'm at 4 weeks today since CC charged. Still no word from my FFL.

mike g35
05-23-2013, 12:40
You're shooting at the one in Dayton next weekend?

I'll be there as well... it will be my first GSSF.

Hey there, sorry I missed your post and yeah I was there. You shooting Marietta? Maybe I'll see ya there.

AJE
05-23-2013, 13:39
Hey there, sorry I missed your post and yeah I was there. You shooting Marietta? Maybe I'll see ya there.

I hadn't planned on it before, but I am now :supergrin:

I'm trying to get some co workers to throw a team together and try to bring home a plaque.

GT_glocker
05-23-2013, 16:07
I submitted two pistol certificates on April 1, 2013 (one for a Gen4 G26, and one for a Gen 4 G19). I just received a call from my FFL that the Gen 4 G26 has arrived. I checked my credit card activity and found that my card was charged on May 7 for one of the guns and on May 8 for the other. Hopefully, the G19 arrives soon as well.

That's a little more than seven weeks door-to-door. Not too bad.

SARDG
05-23-2013, 16:29
I hadn't planned on it before, but I am now :supergrin:

I'm trying to get some co workers to throw a team together and try to bring home a plaque.
Oh, it's easy to 'bring home' a plaque. Well, one plaque is sent to a person/address of your choice that you name at registration, about a month after finals are posted. If you want more, you can order them from the GSSF plaque maker for e few bucks.

SARDG
05-23-2013, 16:32
I submitted two pistol certificates on April 1, 2013 (one for a Gen4 G26, and one for a Gen 4 G19). I just received a call from my FFL that the Gen 4 G26 has arrived. I checked my credit card activity and found that my card was charged on May 7 for one of the guns and on May 8 for the other. Hopefully, the G19 arrives soon as well.

You wouldn't be counting your chickens, would you? njl has been waiting (and waiting) 4 weeks since his CC was charged.

GT_glocker
05-23-2013, 16:42
Huh???

SARDG
05-23-2013, 17:33
Huh???
:) The G19 hasn't arrived at your LGS, but was charged on your CC, one day after the other pistol that has arrived - right? I don't know if there is a direct correlation to charge-to-credit-card time and delivery time. Wait time between CC charge and delivery seems to be dependent on the gun ordered.

G21H30
05-24-2013, 17:15
Sent in my final certificate from Grand Island(Last year) for a GEN 4 G-37 in January 28th. Picked up pistol Monday May 20th.

frankt
05-25-2013, 14:50
I was stunned yesterday when my FFL called and said my G17 gen 4 that I won random at Griffin was in. I knew it had to be a mistake or something.

The whole time I was filling out the paperwork I was expecting someone to run out and say "wait wait wrong guy".

Just a few days short of nine weeks. If it was a mistake, Thank you God!:supergrin:

njl
05-25-2013, 15:04
I was stunned yesterday when my FFL called and said my G17 gen 4 that I won random at Griffin was in. I knew it had to be a mistake or something.

The whole time I was filling out the paperwork I was expecting someone to run out and say "wait wait wrong guy".

Just a few days short of nine weeks. If it was a mistake, Thank you God!:supergrin:

That's fast...but I'd guess the Gen4 G17 is one of the most popular models...so they probably make more of them than any other.

I'm at about 13 weeks now waiting for a Gen3 30S, and no word yet.

GT_glocker
05-28-2013, 16:06

As a follow-up to my earlier post, I got a call this afternoon from my FFL for the second of the two pistols for which I submitted Glock prize certificates on April 1.

This pistol, a Gen 4 G19, took about 8 weeks, door-to-door, compared to about 7 1/2 weeks for the Gen 4 G26 ordered on the same date.

SARDG
05-28-2013, 18:38
As a follow-up to my earlier post, I got a call this afternoon from my FFL for the second of the two pistols for which I submitted Glock prize certificates on April 1.

This pistol, a Gen 4 G19, took about 8 weeks, door-to-door, compared to about 7 1/2 weeks for the Gen 4 G26 ordered on the same date.
Wow, I guess one has to order 9mils to have any hope.

wilhelm51
05-31-2013, 13:15
Mailed my paperwork for a glock 34 gen 4 on May 23 and credit card was charged today. Hope that means I'll be shooting it soon.

GT_glocker
06-06-2013, 14:30

Wait times for prize guns certainly seem to be improving. I submittted another 2 certificates for prize guns to my local FFL on 5/23/13. My credit card was charged for both guns on 5/31. I got a call from my FFL this afternoon stating my Gen 4 Glock 27 had arrived today.

That is exactly two weeks door-to-door. No info on when the other gun (another Gen 4 G19) will arrive.

1RoundEye
06-06-2013, 17:30
A friend of mine who won one at Yolo, Ca in March just received it at the FFL yesterday. He ordered a G30.

markerbeacon
06-06-2013, 19:35
A friend of mine who won one at Yolo, Ca in March just received it at the FFL yesterday. He ordered a G30.

I ordered a Glock 19 and a Glock 29. Both times I got my Pistols 70 and 71 days later. (the G-19 got here yesterday, 5 June) YMMV

Melissa5
06-07-2013, 16:00
My random gun from Griffin has arrived. I received the paperwork on 3/27/13, so not too bad of a turn around time...certainly not 20 weeks.

njl
06-07-2013, 16:08
My random gun from Griffin has arrived. I received the paperwork on 3/27/13, so not too bad of a turn around time...certainly not 20 weeks.

What gen/model?

Melissa5
06-07-2013, 16:11
What gen/model?

Gen 4 G19

njl
06-09-2013, 11:29
I ran into my FFL at the range today and reminded him I was expecting a gun from him. He'd forgotten all about it. I told him it should be in anytime now.

SARDG
06-09-2013, 11:48
I ran into my FFL at the range today and reminded him I was expecting a gun from him. He'd forgotten all about it. I told him it should be in anytime now.
Who are you kidding? :tongueout:

njl
06-09-2013, 14:35
Who are you kidding? :tongueout:

Call me an optimist. It's been nearly 15 weeks. The cert said to expect at least 16 weeks. Glock charged my credit card 1.5 months ago. It's got to be any time now.

markerbeacon
06-09-2013, 15:19
Call me an optimist. It's been nearly 15 weeks. The cert said to expect at least 16 weeks. Glock charged my credit card 1.5 months ago. It's got to be any time now.

it was 70 days after I got my CC charged that my Pistol was sent.

rljan
06-10-2013, 07:05
Sent my paperwork in the end of Jan., CC charged in March, for a G30sf. Still waiting.

rljan
06-12-2013, 15:07
NGD Squared.....
I was notified that both award pistols were at my LGS.. G30sf ordered in January (random award) and G22 Gen 4 ordered in April (1st place).
I love GSSF.
LGS (Guns & Ammo Garage) has a range, so I walked from the front counter to range to put a box of 50 through each. Unfortunately I'm leaving on vacation & can't put them through a thorough break-in for a couple of weeks.

njl
06-13-2013, 11:54
I just got the call my 30s has arrived.

njl
06-13-2013, 18:57
I picked up the 30S this evening. It was test fired in Smyrna late last week (with Blazer).

It's interesting...the 30S is a Gen3 SF frame, but the recoil assembly looks a lot more like a Gen4 assembly than the one in my Gen3 30SF.

c5367
06-18-2013, 10:00
I sent out the paperwork for a pair of Gen4 G34s. It'll make a brief stop tomorrow at the FFL to get his paperwork stuffed in, then off to Glock. So begins the wait!

ETA: card charged 6/28

haskovez
06-24-2013, 20:23
I mailed in my cert this morning for a Gen 4 G34. Here's hoping it is much faster than the 20 weeks that it said to wait on the form.

misunderestimated
06-25-2013, 04:40

I know the feeling, not a mistake its your, enjoy it, and may it serve you well

arnoldstrong
06-25-2013, 14:47
Finally got mine!! G-22C forms sent week of thanksgiving!! Card charged 19-Mar, and received by FFL on 3-JUN....STILL AWESOME FEELING!!!!!

bryandover
06-25-2013, 15:16
Just received a G26 in 11 Days! :wow:

arnoldstrong
06-25-2013, 17:13

I HATE YOU

j/k

SARDG
06-25-2013, 22:18
Must be a Gen4 (yes?) as you said a while ago you were still shooting Gen3s.

I have a Gen4 G26. Now your Subcompact times will be like mine. :rofl: :shocked:

bryandover
06-26-2013, 05:23
It was a Gen3, no body must want them but me. I was stunned it when it showed up so fast.

emtjr928
06-26-2013, 12:20
Maybe it is a sign that the Gen3 G17 I ordered will be a quick turnaround as well! 👍

SARDG
06-26-2013, 13:18
My Gen4 G30 arrived at my LGS a couple of days ago - but I'm not in town so won't pick it up until next week. Don't even remember how long it took - but not near as long as my Gen4 G20.

I'm back in business and don't have to mooch one again to shoot Major Sub.

I'll dig out another Cert when I get back and probably order a Gen4 G34. I like those Gen4s.

SARDG
07-06-2013, 18:16
Picked up my Gen4 G30 yesterday and ran a box of factory ammo through it today. All the cases ejected well over my head and to the left/rear of my left shoulder. Have never seen a Glock throw brass over there. I'll take it down, put in a (-) connector and polish the trigger group, try some of my reloads and see how it goes. No real problems with 'factory' today except the strange eject pattern.

Took a little over a month to get in.

markerbeacon
07-06-2013, 19:45
Picked up my Gen4 G30 yesterday and ran a box of factory ammo through it today. All the cases ejected well over my head and to the left/rear of my left shoulder. Have never seen a Glock throw brass over there. I'll take it down, put in a (-) connector and polish the trigger group, try some of my reloads and see how it goes. No real problems with 'factory' today except the strange eject pattern.

Took a little over a month to get in.

Where can I get a (-) connector? Thanks!

-mark

SARDG
07-06-2013, 20:01
Where can I get a (-) connector? Thanks!

-mark
I'm afraid you'll just have to search online. The last few I bought I got from a guy on GT, but that's been 2 or 3 years. Sometimes you can find them on e-Bay. They're out there, but I'll be using the one I had in my old G30 for years and took out when I sold it.

markerbeacon
07-06-2013, 20:04
I'm afraid you'll just have to search online. The last few I bought I got from a guy on GT, but that's been 2 or 3 years. Sometimes you can find them on e-Bay. They're out there, but I'll be using the one I had in my old G30 for years and took out when I sold it.

Yep!, ebay has them for $29 shipped. Thanks!

CrimsonMKII
07-10-2013, 17:25
Won random pistol award at Morganton, NC event 4/20/2013. Received my cert about the third week in May. Selected G34 Gen4 and handed over paper work to my LGS 5/30/2013 to fill out FFL and send back to GSSF.

Credit card charged 6/18/2013 for +Gen 4 and + G34. 7/10/2013 received call from LGS stating my new firearm had arrived and is ready to be picked up.

I'll be doing so and hopefully putting some lead down range tomorrow!

:Happy_Dance: :)

c5367
07-10-2013, 17:58
Won random pistol award at Morganton, NC event 4/20/2013. Received my cert about the third week in May. Selected G34 Gen4 and handed over paper work to my LGS 5/30/2013 to fill out FFL and send back to GSSF.

Credit card charged 6/18/2013 for +Gen 4 and + G34. 7/10/2013 received call from LGS stating my new firearm had arrived and is ready to be picked up.

I really, really, really hope this means my Gen4 G34s are just a few more days away!!!! :dancingbanana:

wilhelm51
07-10-2013, 18:43

I too won one at Morganton. Put my certification in the mail on 5/23 and my card was charged on 5/31 but I'm still waiting for my ffl to call. Having a last name that starts with a W I've found that I am often the last on the list.

wilhelm

malladus
07-11-2013, 09:16
I won one at Thibadeux. Sent it in on 5/13, charged on 5/31 showed up at my FFL 7/10 picking it up today.

malladus

c5367
07-16-2013, 15:31
:dancingbanana: My G34s arrived today. Less than a month!

SARDG
07-16-2013, 15:43
:dancingbanana: My G34s arrived today. Less than a month!
Hope you left me one. I ordered a Gen4 G34 last week.

wilhelm51
07-16-2013, 16:51
Kitty I hope there is more than one. I'm still waiting on my G34 and my card was charged on 5/31. Spoke with Scott at Dawsonville to see what advice he might have. He thought it was odd but thought I should wait.

In fairness to him, he was busy and it's not a GSSF issue but instead handled by Glock.

wilhelm

c5367
07-16-2013, 17:26
Kitty I hope there is more than one. I'm still waiting on my G34 and my card was charged on 5/31. Spoke with Scott at Dawsonville to see what advice he might have. He thought it was odd but thought I should wait.

In fairness to him, he was busy and it's not a GSSF issue but instead handled by Glock.

wilhelm

Any chance your dealer forgot to call you?

I went with a dealer an hour away instead of the local shop because I knew I could rely on him to call, and if not, I'd see him every weekend at matches to pester him about it!

SARDG
07-16-2013, 17:40

wilhelm
GSSF says to expect 5 months so 5/31 isn't bad at all - I waited more than 6 months fo my Gen4 G20.

But GSSF is largely responsible for your award gun delivery - except for manufacturing, and perhaps shipping. GSSF receives the form, checks it in, and enters it into the database. They are the department that tracks it, too. Scott has been recently promoted and likely isn't involved at that level anyway.

wilhelm51
07-16-2013, 17:52
Any chance your dealer forgot to call you?

I went with a dealer an hour away instead of the local shop because I knew I could rely on him to call, and if not, I'd see him every weekend at matches to pester him about it!

I've stopped by several times and have stopped into the shop next door to talk with his parents. I'll stop in again later this week.

wilhelm

wilhelm51
07-16-2013, 17:58
Kitty, this is my first random (I'm expecting more obviously) and I wanted to hear Scott's experience with prize certs. Is my experience normal or unusual.

wilhelm

RigPig
07-17-2013, 08:05
I ordered a G34 Gen4 back in May through the GSSF discount program. Still waiting.

wilhelm51
07-19-2013, 18:08
Picked my G34 Gen 4 today. Apparently came in on Wednesday. When queried why he didn't call the answer was "I was busy." I'm not going to complain too much he only charged me $10 as an FFL fee. Total time: 7 weeks.

wilhelm

SARDG
08-31-2013, 16:31
My G34 Gen4 came in yesterday. Took about 5 or 6 weeks; I don't keep track anymore until it gets out to 6 months - and that gets my attention. Test fire date is 6/22/13 so it's been around awhile. Came with the 4 backstraps - 2 regular, 2 beavertail - and all the other G34 accoutrements of a Red Label including (-) connector.

I really like my G17 Gen4 so I am sure I’ll like this G34. I can now retire my original OD G34 as I did my OD G17.

Going to range tomorrow to RO for our machine gun shoot, but don't think I'll shoot it. It will just be another gun to clean and I'm not shooting IDPA lately and use my G17 in GSSF Comp right now. So many guns, so little time...

glockchemist
10-04-2013, 12:25
My paperwork got sent out Tuesday 10/1/13. Glock 26 gen 4 expecting 4+ months. Hoping it comes sooner.

markerbeacon
10-04-2013, 12:32
My paperwork got sent out Tuesday 10/1/13. Glock 26 gen 4 expecting 4+ months. Hoping it comes sooner.

Sent in my paperwork on 4 June on a G-30 gen 4, still waiting.

Sent in my paperwork on 25 July for a G-27 gen 4, still waiting.

RigPig
10-04-2013, 13:13
Coming up on 6mos for the Gen4 34 I ordered.

wilhelm51
10-04-2013, 14:08

Sent my paperwork in early September and my card hasn't been charged yet.

glockchemist
10-04-2013, 14:17
I ended up doing a money order through my lgs so I wont know when they get the money. But like I said I expect 4+ months. Im gonna try and not think about it. As long as it gets here by may when I graduate and move I will be happy.

wilhelm51
10-04-2013, 15:08
Once it left my hands I have no idea where it is. LGS says great we'll fax it I tell them no glock only excepts mail. I kind of wish you could log into a website somewhere that gave basic information like it has been received. Other then the LGS saying the did I have no idea that they did.

yobohadi
10-04-2013, 17:11
Once it left my hands I have no idea where it is. LGS says great we'll fax it I tell them no glock only excepts mail. I kind of wish you could log into a website somewhere that gave basic information like it has been received. Other then the LGS saying the did I have no idea that they did.

Email gssf@glock.us and ask them if they received your pistol certificate and payment. They will answer you, but it may take them a few days.

howardbrown
10-06-2013, 18:36
Once it left my hands I have no idea where it is. LGS says great we'll fax it I tell them no glock only excepts mail.

I sent mine out for a Gen4 21 in the mail Sept 9th and they haven't cashed my check yet. My LGS gave me a copy of their FFL to mail with my certificate.

I just won another last weekend and will probably get the cert in about a month. I'm sure it will be 6 months after that, that I get the pistol. Maybe I'll pick a more common model this time.

howardbrown
10-10-2013, 10:26
I emailed GSSF on Monday to ask if they received my certificate and check. 2 hours later Jessica emailed me back saying yes they received it.
I just checked my bank account and as of this morning they cashed my check. I'm thinking that is a good thing. Woohoo, bring on my new G21 Gen4.

yobohadi
10-11-2013, 09:52
I'm at the 10 week mark and they just cashed my check for a Gen4 26. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Just out of curiosity has anyone received a "USA" marked/made Glock from a GSSF certificate yet?

wilhelm51
10-18-2013, 08:07
They billed my credit card Wednesday so maybe I'll get a call from FFL mid November. It is a gen4 26 also.

howardbrown
10-22-2013, 17:24
I just got a call from my LGS with good news. My Gen4 21 is in. I mailed my check 9-9-13, Glock cashed it 10-10-13 and LGS received it 10-22-13. That's 6 weeks from the day I mailed my check. Huge props to Glock and GSSF.

Now I'm gonna go pick it up.

markerbeacon
10-22-2013, 17:51
I won a pistol at the Portland, OR GSSF match in June. It has been 3 months since the paperwork was received at GSSF headquarters.
I went for a Gen 4 G34 and paid the difference.
Anyone have a clue how long I will have to wait to get this jewel??:upeyes:

22 Oct 2013

Itís been 20 weeks since I ordered my Glock 30 Gen 4 and Glock 27 Gen 4. (I won them both from two GSSF matches (Raffle and RO Drawing)) I sent an email to GSSF@glock.us this AM

I got back a replied within minutes. Basically the bottom line is mine should be on the next production run. She also said she didnít have the production run schedule.

So I got nothing at all from GSSF customer service other than the fact she confirmed they had received my certificates.

Anyone have the Glock production run schedule?

arnoldstrong
10-26-2013, 16:17
22 Oct 2013

Itís been 20 weeks since I ordered my Glock 30 Gen 4 and Glock 27 Gen 4. (I won them both from two GSSF matches (Raffle and RO Drawing)) I sent an email to GSSF@glock.us this AM

I got back a replied within minutes. Basically the bottom line is mine should be on the next production run. She also said she didnít have the production run schedule.

So I got nothing at all from GSSF customer service other than the fact she confirmed they had received my certificates.

Anyone have the Glock production run schedule?

They are really knowledgable though later in the processÖonce I got to about 6 months I started calling or emailing every few weeks and at the end they pretty much estimated the exact day it would get to my ffl.

wilhelm51
10-30-2013, 12:05
They billed my credit card Wednesday so maybe I'll get a call from FFL mid November. It is a gen4 26 also.

Got a call just now to come pick it up.

BABOB
10-30-2013, 13:41
I picked a Gen 4 G26 this year. They have billed the CC and I hope I too get a call this week. BUG gun match this weekend. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

markerbeacon
10-30-2013, 16:02
Just picked up my GSSF prize from my local FFL (ordered 8 Aug) Glock 27. Test fire date -26 Oct 2013.

Now, where's my G-30 Gen4 ordered in June

AJE
10-30-2013, 16:42
Anybody ordered a 20 in awhile? Curious if those take longer than average vs say a 17.

SARDG
10-30-2013, 20:08
Anybody ordered a 20 in awhile? Curious if those take longer than average vs say a 17.
I've had my Gen4 G20 about 6 months now, but had to wait 5 1/2 months to get it. Don't think they run those too often, but your order fulfillment success probably has something to do with timing.

yobohadi
10-31-2013, 09:14
12 weeks of waiting paid off, I now have my 26 gen4 and can't wait to shoot it. Now I get to hurry up and wait for a 30s I just ordered.

AJE
10-31-2013, 13:14
I've had my Gen4 G20 about 6 months now, but had to wait 5 1/2 months to get it. Don't think they run those too often, but your order fulfillment success probably has something to do with timing.

Cool. I've seen some blue label gen 4 20's out there but I guess that doesn't matter if they ship right from the manufacturer.

BABOB
11-01-2013, 19:46
Got the call this afternoon from my FFL that my Gen4 G26 was in. Four to five weeks total wait time. That's the fastest I've ever got a GSSF gun back after sending in the paper work. Was going to clean her up and go practice a little tomorrow before the BUG match, but the match has been pushed back a week so I'll at least get a chance to break her in and practice. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

coyote 30
11-04-2013, 18:29
I just got a call from my LGS with good news. My Gen4 21 is in. I mailed my check 9-9-13, Glock cashed it 10-10-13 and LGS received it 10-22-13. That's 6 weeks from the day I mailed my check. Huge props to Glock and GSSF.

Now I'm gonna go pick it up.

I am still waiting for my Gen 4 G21. I sent the certificate on Aug 7th and they cashed my upgrade fee about 3 weeks ago. Talked to my FFL yesterday and no show on the gun yet.

howardbrown
11-04-2013, 19:15
I am still waiting for my Gen 4 G21. I sent the certificate on Aug 7th and they cashed my upgrade fee about 3 weeks ago. Talked to my FFL yesterday and no show on the gun yet.

That's weird. It might be because it was a gun I won in April in Norco, Ca and they didn't realized that I had waited until september to send it in.

SARDG
11-04-2013, 20:49
That's weird. It might be because it was a gun I won in April in Norco, Ca and they didn't realized that I had waited until september to send it in.
I don't think it much matters to Glock when you send in your cert after you win - except that they must be submitted within one year after the match date. My last 2 or 3 where using 11-month-plus certs. I've waited between <4 weeks to >2 months. Then there was the infamous Gen4 G20 with a 5.5 month wait.

markerbeacon
11-06-2013, 15:38
My FFL just called. Glock 30 Gen4 ordered in June just came in! Thanks GSSF!!!

dvrdwn72
11-11-2013, 11:10
Got my gen 4 20 awhile back. Now waiting on the g30s. Who knows when that will come in. Been a few months.

SARDG
11-11-2013, 12:30
Got my gen 4 20 awhile back. Now waiting on the g30s. Who knows when that will come in. Been a few months.
Me too!

Gperfection
11-11-2013, 12:42
I sold a certificate to a friend 3 weeks ago. He ordered a 21SF. It came in last Friday. I had him all set to wait a few months. A pleasant surprise for him! Great job, Glock!

kyglock19c
11-13-2013, 08:07
Ordered a Gen 4 34 in July. Check was cashed (upgrade for Gen 4, and 34 was $90) on 10/30/13. Called 11/8/13 that it arrived at FFL. They sent a Gen 4 21. LOL! Emailed GSSF, and they are fixing it and reshipping the 34. NO hassle at all. Have to wait a extra week but oh well. Melanie at GSSF took care of it no questions asked.

njl
11-13-2013, 08:29
Looks like I need to pick out another Glock. It's kind of funny...I bought my 21SF to shoot Major Sub when they opened MS up to any 10/.45 Glocks. Then I bought a 30SF when they split HM/MS into two separate divisions. Then I won a gun (30S) with my 21 in HM. Now I've won a gun with that 30S in MS.

I'm torn between replacing the G19 I traded away several months ago (never really shot it anymore) or getting another 30S (IMO, it's that nice a gun). I guess I could try another Gen4 17. I bought an early one, couldn't shoot groups with it, and dumped it.

Of the calibers Glock makes, I only load 9mm and .45acp...so I'm not interested in anything in .40/.357/10mm.

yobohadi
11-13-2013, 10:28
Ordered a Gen 4 34 in July. Check was cashed (upgrade for Gen 4, and 34 was $90) on 10/30/13. Called 11/8/13 that it arrived at FFL. They sent a Gen 4 21. LOL! Emailed GSSF, and they are fixing it and reshipping the 34. NO hassle at all. Have to wait a extra week but oh well. Melanie at GSSF took care of it no questions asked.

Are you sure about the price? I thought the upgrade for a gen 3 34 was $107, then add the $35 upgrade for a gen 4 pistol, totaling $142 before taxes.

kyglock19c
11-13-2013, 13:20
Are you sure about the price? I thought the upgrade for a gen 3 34 was $107, then add the $35 upgrade for a gen 4 pistol, totaling $142 before taxes.

Yes sir. $35 for the Gen 4 upgrade and $55 for the 34 upgrade. Check was cashed and the (incorrect) pistol was sent. Should have the replacement next week. You might be confused with Blue Label pricing?

wilhelm51
11-13-2013, 14:24
Yes sir. $35 for the Gen 4 upgrade and $55 for the 34 upgrade. Check was cashed and the (incorrect) pistol was sent. Should have the replacement next week. You might be confused with Blue Label pricing?

Nope, he's not confusing it with a Blue Label. The certificate I received had the same numbers & I paid $142 before taxes too.

wilhelm

njl
11-17-2013, 12:29
They must have changed the form/prices. The form I got for a win in Jan 2013 had these upgrade fees:

Gen3 GAP models: $21
Gen3 9/40/357 sub/compact/full-size C models: $30
Gen3 10mm/.45acp: $51
Gen3 20/21 C models: $104
17L/24: Not available
Gen3 34/35: $107
Gen4: $35 additional on top of any other upgrade fees

Can someone with a more recent form post what the upgrade fees are currently? I don't suppose the models 41/42 are on it? I just saw mention of them...but don't know if they're real, or if this is just more Glock carbine talk.

yobohadi
11-19-2013, 11:27
Here are the upgrade fees from my Bremerton, WA form from September, received it in late October:

Gen3 GAP models: $21
Gen3 9/40/357 sub/compact/full-size C models: $30
Gen3 10mm/.45acp: $66
Gen3 20/21 C models: $110
17L/24: Not available
Gen3 34/35: $107
Gen4: $35 additional on top of any other upgrade fees

The only differences are increases in 10mm/45 and compensated 10mm/45 pistols.

Glockster00
11-19-2013, 13:15
Looks like I need to pick out another Glock. It's kind of funny...I bought my 21SF to shoot Major Sub when they opened MS up to any 10/.45 Glocks. Then I bought a 30SF when they split HM/MS into two separate divisions. Then I won a gun (30S) with my 21 in HM. Now I've won a gun with that 30S in MS.

I'm torn between replacing the G19 I traded away several months ago (never really shot it anymore) or getting another 30S (IMO, it's that nice a gun). I guess I could try another Gen4 17. I bought an early one, couldn't shoot groups with it, and dumped it.

Of the calibers Glock makes, I only load 9mm and .45acp...so I'm not interested in anything in .40/.357/10mm.

If you already load 45 ACP, try one of the GAP models! You can use the same dies. You won't be sorry.

njl
11-20-2013, 21:38
If you already load 45 ACP, try one of the GAP models! You can use the same dies. You won't be sorry.

I load ACP...but I have like 5 pieces of GAP brass...and my experiences with small primer ACP have been poor. I suspect loading for GAP would be like starting over from scratch, except that I do have dies and bullets.

Glockster00
11-21-2013, 07:23
I load ACP...but I have like 5 pieces of GAP brass...and my experiences with small primer ACP have been poor. I suspect loading for GAP would be like starting over from scratch, except that I do have dies and bullets.

I've loaded thousands of rounds of GAP using CCI 500's with no problems (knock on wood). I've also used CCI 500's for SPP ACP as well with no problems. I like the simplicity of not changing the primer feed system when changing calibers.
GAP brass can be found online pretty cheap, last batch I bought was around 5000 pieces of once fired for $110 shipped. Like I said, not trying to sell a GAP just my .02.

dvrdwn72
11-21-2013, 11:35
Glock check went through yesterday. I sent in my cert. with upgrade fee for 30s a few weeks ago. Mabye it will show up shortly!!

dvrdwn72
11-21-2013, 11:38
I am really considering getting a gap. The same dies,primers,bullets, that are used for acp can be used for the gap? Excuse my ignorance buy never paid much attention to the gap round.

howardbrown
11-22-2013, 08:25
I got my Pistol certificate and check yesterday. GSSF is very quick about sending them, especially since they said they wouldn't send my prizes until I faxed in the form with my SSN for taxes on prizes. I just faxed in it Monday night.
Now, what gun should I pick? I'm thinking a G30sf, but I'm seeing a lot of guys waiting upwards to 6 months for them.

njl
11-22-2013, 16:31
If you're thinking 30SF, I recommend you reconsider and think 30S. I have both, and the only reasons I can see going with the 30SF are:

You're hoping to minimize recoil and need those extra couple of ounces of upper weight.
You're planning to hotrod with it and shoot .45super or one of the other .45acp platform based higher pressure rounds.

I really like my 30S. It's a better (thinner/lighter/same capacity) carry gun than the 30SF, and works just as well (if not better) for GSSF.

Or...if you have the time, you could wait and see if the G41 actually materializes...and then see if they'll let you use your cert towards one.

howardbrown
11-22-2013, 19:19
If you're thinking 30SF, I recommend you reconsider and think 30S. I have both, and the only reasons I can see going with the 30SF are:

You're hoping to minimize recoil and need those extra couple of ounces of upper weight.
You're planning to hotrod with it and shoot .45super or one of the other .45acp platform based higher pressure rounds.

I really like my 30S. It's a better (thinner/lighter/same capacity) carry gun than the 30SF, and works just as well (if not better) for GSSF.

Or...if you have the time, you could wait and see if the G41 actually materializes...and then see if they'll let you use your cert towards one.

I only want it for Major Sub. I'll wait till my next win for the elusive G41.
Why do you think it's better for GSSF than a 30SF?

njl
11-22-2013, 19:27
I only want it for Major Sub. I'll wait till my next win for the elusive G41.
Why do you think it's better for GSSF than a 30SF?

If you reload, theoretically, the 30S should be better able to function with light (minor PF) loads since the recoil springs are the same and it has less slide mass.

I may be biased...but the first match I shot with my 30S, I won Amateur Major Sub with it.

arnoldstrong
11-26-2013, 19:37
All I can say is thank you GLOCK!! My last prize pistol took about 7 months. I just got one yesterday and received it the SAME DAY!!! Apparently Glock has issued a directive to dealers to give us prize pistols out of dealer stock if they have it and Glock will credit them back. Leave it to Glock to make me an EVEN MORE SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SARDG
11-26-2013, 20:24
All I can say is thank you GLOCK!! My last prize pistol took about 7 months. I just got one yesterday and received it the SAME DAY!!! Apparently Glock has issued a directive to dealers to give us prize pistols out of dealer stock if they have it and Glock will credit them back. Leave it to Glock to make me an EVEN MORE SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dunno... I suspect you are reading a lot into that, but I'm glad you got a quick turnaround on your gun.

arnoldstrong
11-26-2013, 20:50
Just going by what they told me at the fun store :-)

Cactus Pat
11-29-2013, 17:18
October 22 I ordered a gen 3 17 and 30S. The 17 came in today, no word on the 30S

Glockster00
12-02-2013, 19:08
Returned cert for a G38 on 7/26, and cert for G39 on 9/20. Received both today 12/2/13.
G38 has fire date 10/29/13 and 9/17/13 for the G39. These GAP pistols must really be catching on, glad I got mine when I did! Lol!:woohoo:

plumbum2
12-02-2013, 19:23
just asked my local shop in MI about gssf guns. i was inquiring about a gen 4 g-17. they said price with gssf was $398. (they claim to sell ALL guns at 10% over cost)

around me another shop quoted me $425 gen 4 g17. oh, and first shop said no wait, if its in the case they will sell it to me with gssf

SARDG
12-02-2013, 20:06
just asked my local shop in MI about gssf guns. i was inquiring about a gen 4 g-17. they said price with gssf was $398. (they claim to sell ALL guns at 10% over cost)

around me another shop quoted me $425 gen 4 g17. oh, and first shop said no wait, if its in the case they will sell it to me with gssf
$425 is the correct GSSF price, $398 is LE price, but.....

Butch
12-02-2013, 20:11
.....Now waiting on the g30s. Who knows when that will come in. Been a few months.
Me too!
Me three!

Sent the cert in on July 4th.

BUT....my card was recently charged. :)

plumbum2
12-02-2013, 21:06
$425 is the correct GSSF price, $398 is LE price, but.....

yeah, maybe the guy was unsure? (its a big store with 5 employees or more working at all times)

i figured it had something to do with their 10% over cost thing?
idk, either way its hard to complain.

howardbrown
12-02-2013, 23:26
Just wrote my check for $107.82 to Glock Professional/GSSF for a G-30 Gen4. Mailing it out tomorrow. Anyone wanna place a bet on how long til I get it?

cookselk
12-03-2013, 18:39
Returned cert for a G38 on 7/26, and cert for G39 on 9/20. Received both today 12/2/13.
G38 has fire date 10/29/13 and 9/17/13 for the G39. These GAP pistols must really be catching on, glad I got mine when I did! Lol!:woohoo:

My G37 arrived today, it too had a fire date of 9-17-13. I had sent my certificate in around the beginning of September.

Glockster00
12-04-2013, 06:27
My G37 arrived today, it too had a fire date of 9-17-13. I had sent my certificate in around the beginning of September.

See, I was right! The GAPs are catching on! Congrats on your new G37, it's my favorite. (At least it was, I haven't had a chance to shoot my G38 & G39)

glockdintheface22
12-05-2013, 19:34
yeah, maybe the guy was unsure? (its a big store with 5 employees or more working at all times)

i figured it had something to do with their 10% over cost thing?
idk, either way its hard to complain.

Firingline?

bcasper13
12-05-2013, 20:00
Firingline?

Yeah, firing line??

haskovez
12-06-2013, 10:53
I mailed in my cert for a Gen 4 G34 on June 24. They billed my CC on October 17. I contacted my FFL on Nov 19th and he still hadn't received the pistol. Should I contact Glock to find out where it is, cause I am past the 20 weeks now.

dvrdwn72
12-06-2013, 13:47
Me three!

Sent the cert in on July 4th.

BUT....my card was recently charged. :)My check was cashed 2 weeks ago. Hope it shows up soon

plumbum2
12-06-2013, 14:20
Firingline?

yes...

bcasper13
12-06-2013, 14:24
yes...

I was thinking about going to use my GSSF coupon up there, they do a lot of LEO guns.

plumbum2
12-06-2013, 14:36
i would. i have bought a few guns from them in the past. imo they are 'better' now than they were 6yrs ago... i know someone that works at topgun and their prices were as i posted. BUT topgun gives you 3 mo of unlimited range time, 5% discount on stuff in the store and some other stuff. if i lived close enough i would buy it there. if you shot 1hr a week you would in theory knock $186 off the price of the gun because range time is so expensive these days...BUT i live to far to justify the drive

glockdintheface22
12-06-2013, 18:29
i would. i have bought a few guns from them in the past. imo they are 'better' now than they were 6yrs ago... i know someone that works at topgun and their prices were as i posted. BUT topgun gives you 3 mo of unlimited range time, 5% discount on stuff in the store and some other stuff. if i lived close enough i would buy it there. if you shot 1hr a week you would in theory knock $186 off the price of the gun because range time is so expensive these days...BUT i live to far to justify the drive

understandable. pretty sure i live rather close to you. topgun is just far enough to be too far compared to the 4 other ranges around here

MrGlockALot
12-16-2013, 10:28
Anyone had a prize gun come in lately? They processed my payment on Nov 20th and still nothing. I know this can be a long process but haven't seen it this long from charge to ship.

bowhazard
12-16-2013, 11:33
I was charged mid October for a G34 gen4 on prize cert I sent in mid September. Haven't seen or heard anything yet.

MrGlockALot
12-16-2013, 11:40
I was charged mid October for a G34 gen4 on prize cert I sent in mid September. Haven't seen or heard anything yet.

Ouch...

I'll just have to keep myself occupied somehow :drink:

kyglock19c
12-16-2013, 13:29
The last update I got was Glock was doing inventory and shipping was halted until sometime this week for inventory to be completed.

coyote 30
12-17-2013, 14:29
Just received my G21 Gen. 4 that I won at Albany OR. match in August. Took 17 weeks from when I sent in the prize form to receiving the gun.

dvrdwn72
12-22-2013, 12:27
Anyone had a prize gun come in lately? They processed my payment on Nov 20th and still nothing. I know this can be a long process but haven't seen it this long from charge to ship.I was charged the same time. Nothing yet for me either

oddjob
12-22-2013, 14:12
Originally sent my paperwork in May 2013.
GSSF said since my FFL's license expired before Dec. 2013 (Sept. 2013) they couldn't process the paperwork.

Sent in the FFL's license with an ATF 6 month extension letter in August indicating they were backlogged and the extension letter was authorization to conduct business. This was after an e-mail from GSSF stating send the paperwork in with the ATF letter. GSSF sent everything back indicating the 6 month extension letter is not enough.

Sent in another FFL (friend of first FFL) in Oct/2013 and my CC was charged on Nov. 5 2013. This is for a Glock 34 Gen 3. In the meantime the original FFL got his renewal approved.

I'm not upset at all and think this is all kinda humorous.
Lesson learned.....Make sure the FFL you use doesn't have an expiration date within 8 months to a year of when you send the package in. You'll save yourself the waiting and postage.

Butch
12-22-2013, 14:41
Originally sent my paperwork in May 2013.
GSSF said since my FFL's license expired before Dec. 2013.....Make sure the FFL you use doesn't have an expiration date within 8 months to a year of when you send the package in. You'll save yourself the waiting and postage.
Excellent point!

I ran into that same problem once too. This last time I hit another snag though.

Sometime after sending the cert in with my card number for payment, a local store had a security breech with card numbers being compromised. Mine was one of them, which required that I get a new card (and number), which took a week or so.

Unfortunately I failed to think of updating it with GSSF and when they finally ran the number I had sent previously, it naturally failed to work, causing yet another delay.

It's important to give good contact info when sending in the certs for these reasons, if GSSF can't contact you readily for a fix, it can result in the cert being returned.

shadow_dog
12-22-2013, 15:42
Wife won a pistol from indoor match back in early Sept. She chose a gen3 G17. Still waiting.