i-dot pros front sight taller for 17 than for 21????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : i-dot pros front sight taller for 17 than for 21?????

kenndapp
10-31-2012, 21:48
just installed ameriglo i-dot pros on my g21 and g17. the front sight on the 17 is taller than the front sight on the 21. i thought the 21 should have a slightly taller front than the 17 because of the 21's slightly longer sight radius.

why is front on the 17 taller? am i missing something?

now i know what your thinking.........the sights with the packaging marked for the 17 made it on the 17.....and the sights in the packaging marked for the 21 made it on the 21. is it possible they put the wrong set of sights in the packaging?

or does the 17 truly often have a taller front sight than .45 counterpart when dealing with after market sights? any one?

thanks guys.

GNiner
11-01-2012, 07:38
If you are comparing Glock stock sights on the G17 and G21, the REAR sight is taller on the G21. I am guessing on the I-Dots that the rear sight is the same height, therefore the FRONT sight on the G17 would have to be taller to compensate. The front sight height is normally used to adjust POA up or down, Glock just used the rear sight to do the trick on their stock sights, and produced front sights all the same height.

The sight radius doesn't have a lot to do with the sight heights (hence the same sights on the G17 and G26). The caliber ballistics have more to do with adjusting your sights.

kenndapp
11-01-2012, 08:05
you are correct the ameriglo 1-dot pros all have the same height rear sight for both the 21 and 17.

so i am gtg with the taller front being on the 17?
for a minute there i had really thought they had mixed up the packaging labels.

JBP55
11-01-2012, 08:46
you are correct the ameriglo 1-dot pros all have the same height rear sight for both the 21 and 17.

so i am gtg with the taller front being on the 17?
for a minute there i had really thought they had mixed up the packaging labels.

Yes, what Gniner said.