Cook county taxing guns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cook county taxing guns

jeanderson
11-01-2012, 06:15
Well, I'm glad to see those fine elected officials in Chicagoland have finally come to their senses. They were going to tax guns and ammo, but now are only going to tax guns: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/chicagos-cook-county-drops-bullet-tax-keeps-gun-221122419.html

"It is very important to us to tax guns because we know that guns are the sources of the incredible violence we have in our neighborhoods," Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle told a news conference.

Yup, that should cut down crime alright.

To anyone reading this from Chicago: Do you get to vote for this guy?

VinnieD
11-01-2012, 11:34
So how do you tax stolen guns? Last I checked criminals weren't into legal purchases and background checks.

cowboy1964
11-01-2012, 11:38
The proposed amount to be raised through the tax doesn't begin to cover the costs they are complaining about, so their entire justification for the tax is a joke to begin with when viewed from that perspective.

Gunnut 45/454
11-01-2012, 19:22
Well If I lived there I'd be moving. Leave the criminal infested ****hole to rot ! Good luck in getting Joe gangbanger to pay the tax. I see a drive by at this guys house in the future! Good luck Chitcago!! Dumocrats are real stupid critters!:rofl:

janice6
11-01-2012, 19:28
I wonder if the politicians carrying guns will be exempt from the tax or if the county will pay it for them.