Obama administration will pay companies to violate law governing layoff not [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama administration will pay companies to violate law governing layoff not

DOC44
11-01-2012, 07:15
Obama administration will pay companies to violate law governing layoff notices

The Obama Administration is encouraging people to violate a law, and promising that it will use taxpayer money to cover fines incurred from this action.

http://winteryknight.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/obama-administration-will-pay-companies-to-violate-law-governing-layoff-notices/

On September 28, the Office of Management and Budget issued a “guidance” letter that assures defense contractors that the federal government will pay for any legal damages incurred for failing to issue layoff notices related to sequester-induced job losses as required by the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act.[1] Specifically, the guidance states that “any resulting employee compensation costs for WARN Act liability as determined by a court, as well as attorneys’ fees and other litigation costs (irrespective of litigation outcome),” will “qualify as allowable costs and be covered by the contracting agency.”

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012/10/urging-federal-contractors-to-violate-the-warn-act

People need to see this before the election.

Doc44

JFrame
11-01-2012, 08:26
Yup -- my wife is a federal contractor, and her organization is abuzz with the talk that the Obama administration is basically advising them to break the law.

aircarver
11-01-2012, 08:50
Yup -- my wife is a federal contractor, and her organization is abuzz with the talk that the Obama administration is basically advising them to break the law.

& will pay the fines with long-suffering taxpayer money ... :steamed:

BuckeyePPC
11-01-2012, 09:10
If he wins, he may fulfill his promise. If he loses, the companies are on their own and probably screwed.

DOC44
11-01-2012, 15:31
If he wins, he may fulfill his promise. If he loses, the companies are on their own and probably screwed.

soooooooooooo..... is this vote buying???

Doc44

ken grant
11-01-2012, 15:40
Most[ OPENLY CORRUPT REGIME in the history of the USA and really don't care who knows it as almost half of the people of the USA approve of them.:steamed:

countrygun
11-01-2012, 15:40
Folks, If Obama isn't in office then.....uhm.......let's just say I could see some complications here.

If I were the contractors I'd tell Obama to stuff it because he may not be in charge of the kitty when the lawsuits roll in

BuckeyePPC
11-02-2012, 07:44
soooooooooooo..... is this vote buying???

Doc44

He doesn't want thousands and maybe hundreds of thousand people who just received layoff notices to vote. Even though the sequestration was bi-partisan, each side waiting for the other to blink on the budget, he knows who's going to get the blame. I don't know if, legally, it's vote buying, but it feels like it to me.