Frankford Arsenal Primer Loader Gone! No primer tubes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Frankford Arsenal Primer Loader Gone! No primer tubes

Kurly
11-01-2012, 10:02
Due to a nasty divorce, I've moved out of my previous home and missing a box that had my Frankford primer loader and all my primer tube pickups.

I made a reloading bench and started to reload but having an issue with not having my primer tube loaded on my Dillon 550.

Since I can't find that missing box that had my Frankford primer tube filler, what replacement would you guys deem necessary? They don't make the Frankford primer tube filler anymore and not really sure I want to go the route of buying a primer tray and Dillon's primer tube "picker upper".

Any suggestions?

Boxerglocker
11-01-2012, 10:08
I hand peck primers when I get a minute here and there. Usually 2-4 tubes at a time, I actual timed myself the other day and from dumping, shaking, flipping to pecking a complete tube was an average of under 2 minutes.
I recommend the RCBS flip tray, cheap at $3 and works well.

kostnerave
11-01-2012, 10:23
Hornady/Dillon primer tube filler - YouTube

I have one and it works very well watch the video and see if you would be interested. Jim

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2012, 10:30
Due to a nasty divorce, I've moved out of my previous home and missing a box that had my Frankford primer loader and all my primer tube pickups.

I made a reloading bench and started to reload but having an issue with not having my primer tube loaded on my Dillon 550.

Since I can't find that missing box that had my Frankford primer tube filler, what replacement would you guys deem necessary? They don't make the Frankford primer tube filler anymore and not really sure I want to go the route of buying a primer tray and Dillon's primer tube "picker upper".

Any suggestions?

How much are you prepared to spend? Dillon makes a primer tube filler, but you will pay for it... dearly. It'd be something nice to have, but personally... I'd just assume spend that $300-400 bucks on components or guns.

IGF

Steve Koski
11-01-2012, 11:04
Who sells the one from the video? How much?

unclebob
11-01-2012, 11:33
Go to Youtube there are all kinds of videos of how to build one or ones that you can buy. All depends on how much you want to send.

Boxerglocker
11-01-2012, 11:46
Who sells the one from the video? How much?

$50 contact is bobby4075@aol.com according to the youtube comments.