Range Report - New Gen4 19 1st time [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range Report - New Gen4 19 1st time

freezetime
11-01-2012, 11:20
Just got a brand new Gen4 19 on Friday and took it to the range today. Shot 165 rounds of Blazer, American Eagle, UMC, Fiocchi and Federal Classic JHP. All 115g except the Blazer which was 124.

Everything went smoothly, didnt have any failures but did notice a few light ejections. A couple pieces of brass landed on my sleeve, but none to the face. I only had half an hour, so I was rushing a bit to shoot that much and keep the magazines reloaded. Didnt really keep track of which rounds were ejecting on my sleeve, but I do think it was pretty much a consistent thing throughout.

Im new to shooting handguns but have been reading through a lot of range reports and mine seems to be pretty consistent with gen4 19s. I wouldnt say i had any brass to the face, and did not have any failures.

I had fun and it shoots nicely and very accurate. Im still flinching a bit and learning where the trigger break and resets are, but it will come in time.

skyboss_4evr
11-01-2012, 11:35
Congrats! Try some hotter 124gr. ammo (like Speer Lawman) and you'll likely notice much stronger ejections.

Bruce M
11-01-2012, 12:04
(Cautiously) good to hear your new G19 seems to be functioning reasonably well.

freezetime
11-01-2012, 12:24
Congrats! Try some hotter 124gr. ammo (like Speer Lawman) and you'll likely notice much stronger ejections.

Didnt see any at the store today, i'll have to order some and get back to the range soon.