Question on new upgrades [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question on new upgrades

R.Kell628
11-01-2012, 17:57
Last week I put in a NY-1 trigger spring and the pull was really hard. Today I put in Ghost 3.5 connector and the trigger is lighter and pretty nice actually. However when I rack the slight, it is really hard. Its right at the beginning just about an 1/8th of an inch back it feels like its catching something. It did not do this with just the NY-1 trigger and stock connector. Is it the connector hitting the curved part under the slide or is this normal? Would a good polish fix this?

Thanks for any help.

lyodbraun
11-01-2012, 18:36
what kind of gun gen3 or Gen4 ? also what kind of connector are you using ? cause I had tried a Zev V3 Race connector in my G4 G23 and it had the same problem as you describe, needless to say I took it out and put the Factory Minus connector in.. I run the NY-1 and 4.5/3.5? connector in all my Glocks and love how well the trigger feels...

R.Kell628
11-01-2012, 18:59
what kind of gun gen3 or Gen4 ? also what kind of connector are you using ? cause I had tried a Zev V3 Race connector in my G4 G23 and it had the same problem as you describe, needless to say I took it out and put the Factory Minus connector in.. I run the NY-1 and 4.5/3.5? connector in all my Glocks and love how well the trigger feels...

Its a G19 gen 4. The new connector is the Ghost Trigger (not Rocket). With the stock connector, the pull is smoother but a lot heavier than I'd like. I just polished up some internals, we'll see if it helps

R.Kell628
11-01-2012, 19:46
So after polishing and testing, no change. I ended up actually bending the connector in very slightly so there is less pressure being put on the trigger bar and on the slide. Now it racks very nice and I have a nice crisp trigger. Problem solved.

lyodbraun
11-01-2012, 19:50
yeah, Id suggest going with a factory minus connector... the pull will be stiff but should not be hard... that was going to be my next suggestion was to tweak the connector LOL... glad ya got it worked out .. after you shoot it a few times it will get better...