upgrade safety plunger make a practical difference? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : upgrade safety plunger make a practical difference?

flw
11-01-2012, 18:42
I have a G23 Gen 4. I've already replaced the trigger "connector" to the 3.5 lb version. This is a improvement.

Will replacing the safety plunger make a difference in the real world vs in the lab?

If not, what would be the next logical step to make a real world difference in smooth trigger pull?

I use my G23 for traditional targets and double tap targets.

bustedknee
11-01-2012, 19:09
If you want a 1911 trigger pull you bought the wrong gun.

Take it back and see if the gun shop will trade with you.

Or

You can get used to the Glock. It works amazingly well, as is.

Scan these boards and at look at all the guys that are changing, modifying, and upgrading their Glocks until they don't work anymore. :animlol:

and putting good money into it.

My advice us shoot it, shoot it, shoot it. You will be amazed how much it will smooth out and how good a shot you become.

jim7777b
11-01-2012, 19:27
Amen bustedknee--I am one of the suckers who bought a titanium safety plunger---any difference----not so much....:faint:

tango44
11-01-2012, 20:18
If you want a 1911 trigger pull you bought the wrong gun.

Take it back and see if the gun shop will trade with you.

Or

You can get used to the Glock. It works amazingly well, as is.

Scan these boards and at look at all the guys that are changing, modifying, and upgrading their Glocks until they don't work anymore. :animlol:

and putting good into it.

My advice us shoot it, shoot it, shoot it. You will be amazed how much it will smooth out and how good a shot you become.

+1000 :banana:

Sgt_Gold
11-01-2012, 20:19
It's been my experience that taking weight off the back end of the Glock trigger makes the trigger break lighter, but also less crisp. I installed a competition trigger return spring that took about a half pound off the take up. Polishing the stock trigger parts removed most of the creep. What I was left with is a 5.5# trigger with a predictable take up and let off.

It's not a 1911 and it never will be, but it is fairly crisp with a quick break.