Trigger bar [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trigger bar

Yertology
11-02-2012, 10:02
EVERYTIME After field stripping my G22 gen4 the slide will not go back into place with out me pressing the trigger bar.

During reassembly the slide goes within an inch of going all the way back and stops solid. All that needs to be done is a small push on the trigger bar for it to 'click' into place, and then the slide goes on as pretty as you please.

What's causing this and how do I correct it?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Krav Maglock
11-02-2012, 10:41
This is caused by the bump on the virtical extension of the trigger bar. with time it will go away. If it bothers you, you can remove a small amount of material with a file.

Certified Glock Armorer

Yertology
11-02-2012, 11:16
If its just a new glock thing that fades w/ time then I'm ok with that. My real problem was just not knowing. Thank you.

NCHeel
11-02-2012, 11:46
Try using a little more force when reassembling. The bump on the trigger bar is hitting the slide and causing some resistance until it gets seated correctly. You are not going to hurt anything by applying slightly more force. Watch the trigger bar bump as you reinstall the slide. You can see it hit the slide and reposition itself as you finish the assembly.

skyboss_4evr
11-02-2012, 11:54
Prior to replacing the slide assembly, put the firing pin in the "fired" position by holding the slide muzzle down and pressing the firing pin safety. This should help with reassembly.

dhgeyer
11-02-2012, 12:02
Prior to replacing the slide assembly, put the firing pin in the "fired" position by holding the slide muzzle down and pressing the firing pin safety. This should help with reassembly.

That's a great tip! Never would have thought of that. It holds the striker safety up in the slide so that it barely contacts the trigger bar hump at all. Thank you!

SCmasterblaster
11-02-2012, 14:21
That's a great tip! Never would have thought of that. It holds the striker safety up in the slide so that it barely contacts the trigger bar hump at all. Thank you!

Glock Talk - the home of an encyclopedia of Glock knowledge. :supergrin:

Yertology
11-02-2012, 15:57
Thanks for all your help!

skyboss_4evr
11-02-2012, 19:52
Glock Talk - the home of an encyclopedia of Glock knowledge. :supergrin:

Indeed!

Mattkcc
11-02-2012, 21:46
You can do what I did, replace trigger bar with a new Gen 3 trigger bar, $15. The trigger is now lighter and much smoother. Ban the bump.

Yertology
11-03-2012, 06:23
You can do what I did, replace trigger bar with a new Gen 3 trigger bar, $15. The trigger is now lighter and much smoother. Ban the bump.

Did you have the same problem?

greeneggsandsam
11-25-2012, 22:13
I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I'd just post my question here...

I noticed that the bump on the trigger bar in my gen 4 G23 was preventing the slide to return to normal position when doing the 45 degree "recoil" test so I decided to shave the bump down. now everything seems fine but does the bump serve any purpose?? why does glock have this in the new gen 4's??

Agent6-3/8
11-26-2012, 00:21
I've often wondered the purpose of that bump as well. Seems like all it did was negatively effect the trigger pull.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

dhgeyer
11-26-2012, 07:01
does the bump serve any purpose?? why does glock have this in the new gen 4's??

Take a Sharpie and totally blacken the top of the striker safety. Actually the bottom, but the top when you turn the slide over to look at the underside. Anyway, blacken that flat surface, and even the bevels on the side if you can. Then reassemble the gun and work the slide 5 or 10 times. Take it down again and look at where the black has been worn off. That's where the vertical extension on the trigger bar is contacting the striker safety. With no bump, I suspect you'll find that the contact area is barely touching the top flat surface of the striker safety, or not touching the top at all, but only the bevel.

The bump was designed to move the contact a bit more toward the center of the striker safety. Even with the bump the contact is only on the very edge. It depends to a degree on the lateral angle of the top of the vertical extension. I had one "bumped" trigger bar that wasn't even touching the top flat of the striker safety. The trigger bar extension was angled to roughly match the bevel on the striker safety. I stoned that one flat, and now the contact area is on the edge of the striker safety about the thickness of the trigger bar.

I've looked at several trigger bars, and the top of the vertical extension is not consistent in terms of either longitudinal or lateral angle. It's just a stamped part.

As long as the striker safety is depressed enough to allow the striker to pass all this isn't a problem. But I think that's why they put the bump there.