frame pins [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : frame pins

rickyp
11-02-2012, 11:28
How many times can you remove and put back in the frame pins before they start to fit loos, or will they ?

DannyR
11-02-2012, 11:35
It depends on how you remove them. The Glock tool, a straight punch, is the best way. Using a tapered punch will enlarge the holes, making for a loose fit.

A detail strip once a year is more than enough.

MikeG36
11-02-2012, 11:54
Using the Glock Tool, push the pins out left to right and push them back in right to left. Use the corner of the Glock Tool handle to seat your pins to the correct depth. You should be able to do this a bunch of times without enlarging the holes.

Mike

JBnTX
11-02-2012, 11:59
How many times can you remove and put back in the frame pins before they start to fit loos, or will they ?

Unless you need to replace a part, there's no need to detail disassemble your Glock pistol.

Even the dirtiest pistol can be cleaned with an aerosol spray cleaner and then blown out with compressed air.

rickyp
11-02-2012, 12:25
What i am doing is, tomorrow when it comes in i am replacing the trigger housing and ejector then in a few weeks thinking about a 3.5 bar and an oversized slide release when i get the money so in the next few weeks i am thinking about taking it apart several times for the upgrades. To take it apart i will be using a flat punch i made from a slightly smaller nail

sciolist
11-02-2012, 12:36
You can remove them as many times as you want, if you do it carefully.

Deriffe
11-02-2012, 12:49
You can remove them as many times as you want, if you do it carefully.

What he said. plus the pins are not expensive to replace if there should be a mishap.

NCHeel
11-02-2012, 13:57
I have a Gen4 subcompact I have literally taken apart 100 times to test parts. Pins are still tight. I use it for testing because it is ultra consistent and I can easily tell and measure any changes different parts and combinations make.

SCmasterblaster
11-02-2012, 14:04
The two pins above the trigger are steel. The one to the rear is plastic.

di11igaf
11-02-2012, 14:47
With a 5 pound sledge and small punch at least once.. ;)

INEEDMILK
11-02-2012, 16:03
Using the Glock Tool, push the pins out left to right and push them back in right to left. Use the corner of the Glock Tool handle to seat your pins to the correct depth. You should be able to do this a bunch of times without enlarging the holes.

Mike

Define "left".

Left looking at the front, or looking from the back?

SJ 40
11-02-2012, 16:10
Define "left".

Left looking at the front, or looking from the back?Muzzle down range left side of gun. SJ 40

Bruce M
11-02-2012, 16:20
The pins in the G19 that I worked with in the armorers school a couple years ago seemed tight enough to hold the gun together. I have to guess that gun had the pins taken out put back a few hundred times. I would guess that as long as they removed and installed properly the pins would never wear out in a Glock that was taken down as appropriate.