Mods to new G26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mods to new G26

ctkenc
11-02-2012, 15:56
If you had a brand new, never fired 4th gen g26, what would you ask your Gunsmith to do to it before you ever used ? :dunno:

Primary use would be .... IDPA Matches, as an Occasional Carry Piece (5-10 times a year), Plinking on the Range.

Already has Glock Night Sights installed and Glock +2 Mag extensions.

Giessing it would probably want a lighter trigger weight but what else ?
Thanks for your suggestions

JBnTX
11-02-2012, 16:15
I'd put at least 200 rounds through it before deciding what mods it might need.

That might prevent you from having to make two trips to the gunsmith.
...and might even save you that one trip to the gunsmith.

1-2man
11-02-2012, 16:21
I say at least 500 rounds but that's just me.

Bruce M
11-02-2012, 16:36
Other than night sights I am quite happy with My G26 as they came out of the box.

maknwar
11-02-2012, 16:51
Night sights and ghost trigger. Nothing else is needed, or at least I think mine is perfect now.

glove
11-02-2012, 17:07
Night sights. The rest is good.:cool:
Dave Z

barth
11-02-2012, 17:39
If you had a brand new, never fired 4th gen g26, what would you ask your Gunsmith to do to it before you ever used ? :dunno:

Primary use would be .... IDPA Matches, as an Occasional Carry Piece (5-10 times a year), Plinking on the Range.

Already has Glock Night Sights installed and Glock +2 Mag extensions.

Giessing it would probably want a lighter trigger weight but what else ?
Thanks for your suggestions

If it was my first Glock?
I'd run 500/1000 rounds through her first before I started thinking about mods.

Glocks are easy to work on yourself.
And there's with a seemingly endless array of OEM and after market parts available to try.

Everybody is different as to what they favor.
You really need to find out for yourself.
That's part of the fun.

Lot's of different design and color sights.
Various connector, spring and trigger combinations.
Grip sleeves, extended mags and adapters, RSAs, extended controls...

Have Fun!

Remember there is a large contingent that love their Glocks bone stock.

Mattkcc
11-02-2012, 17:48
Replace the Gen 4 trigger bar for a Gen 3. If you are going to carry keep the trigger stock or NY1 with 3.5 connector.

AR15 guy
11-02-2012, 19:19
If you are going to carry it I wouldn't do anything besides sites and maybe a Vickers tactical slide release. I would NOT lighten the trigger on a carry gun.

I rarely carry my g19, but I do, so I refuse to lighten the trigger.

19Glock19
11-02-2012, 19:47
The only mod would be... Just shoot the heck out of that thing!!! Best mod you can make!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Sgt.K
11-02-2012, 20:18
Since you already have the night sights I would recommend shooting it with ammo you'll be using for the various jobs you want it to do. You may find, as I and some others do, that the "target" trigger is somewhat rough on your finger and you may opt for to replace it with a smooth G17 trigger. I like factory extended controls on mine too.

Congrads on your new G26!

ctkenc
11-03-2012, 07:32
Since you already have the night sights I would recommend shooting it with ammo you'll be using for the various jobs you want it to do. You may find, as I and some others do, that the "target" trigger is somewhat rough on your finger and you may opt for to replace it with a smooth G17 trigger. I like factory extended controls on mine too.

Congrads on your new G26!

Thanks, I did not know there was a "smooth" trigger option but I will definitely explore :wow: that with my Gunsmith.
The other 'option" I may need to consider is ... when I had a G26 in the past I had to have the trigger guard shaved down on the back side as it bruised my finger .... hate to have that done again ; will have to shoot it a bunch and see if that is still necessary.
Ken

cajun_chooter
11-03-2012, 08:45
my mod would be --- LOTS OF AMMO

nraman
11-03-2012, 10:54
Night or TFO sights, make sure you have the dot connector, a little polishing of the action. Shoot it, have fun.
If you don't like the serrated trigger, it is easy to replace it with a smooth. Personal preference.
Stick with the Gen 4 trigger, it is an improvement over the previous. I am starting to replace my Gen 3 trigger bars with the new Gen 4, they work better.
I own 2 Gen 3 G26s, a Gen 4 G26 and a Gen 4 G27.
I consider the G26/27/33 pistols Glock's best models.

nraman
11-03-2012, 10:59
Thanks, I did not know there was a "smooth" trigger option but I will definitely explore :wow: that with my Gunsmith.
Ken

The "smooth" trigger is the regular G17 trigger.
It is easy to replace yourself. All you have to do is remove/install three pins. Plenty of posts that explain the proper way of doing it.
Just make sure that after you are done the striker engagement is good.

GEN3
11-03-2012, 16:18
Night sights, 3.5 connector, talon rubber grips, GAP plates for your mags. I also have an extended mag release and slide release but if you don't have problems reaching the stock ones then you don't need them.

ADK_40GLKr
11-03-2012, 16:39

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Shoot a thousand rounds or two, read a lot here, and by then you'll KNOW what it needs and be able to install it yourself!

poodleplumber
11-03-2012, 18:34
Mine is over 3 years old, and I have only added a night sight (singular because I am one of those oddballs who likes front only) and a grip plug. And to be honest, the grip plug is just for looks. After shooting it a while, I honestly didn't think anything else needed changed for my purposes.

AK47Man
11-04-2012, 06:57
GAP plates and night sights...Thats all I did to my similar G27...

ca survivor
11-04-2012, 07:54
GAP magazine bases.

M24C
11-04-2012, 08:06
My New Gen 4 G26, I put as you did new sights, mag extensions as you did. Since this is one of my SD guns, I had the trigger smoothed out, and the trigger is a little heavier than stock. I use 3.5 connector with a NY-1, gives it ~6lb trigger pull. Stock is ~5.5 lbs. That's all my Glocks.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)