Hollow or Real? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hollow or Real?

Morris
11-03-2012, 10:21
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/11/01/threats-put-minneapolis-st-paul-police-on-high-alert/

Kingarthurhk
11-03-2012, 11:26
It's the nature of the game. In the patrol we caught so much dope we had 200k bounty on our heads. You keep your head on a swivel and always carry.

lawman800
11-04-2012, 00:17
Be safe out there, brothers.

steveksux
11-04-2012, 07:56
Think about how stupid the people you arrest are. Think about how vindictive they are. Think about how "honor" and "saving face" drives them to lash out at fellow mopes, leading to drive by shootings and hits over minor perceived slights, let alone someone shooting one of their own. Think about how they think they were going to get away with the stuff they end up arrested for.

Now tell me with a straight face that the threat is hollow.

I'm not saying it's not possible they're talking trash in anger and don't have the stones to follow through. But there's someone in their circle that's trying to make a name for themselves, who's not too bright, and would take the trash talk to heart and act out on it. They might not be able to shoot straight, but Lakewood shows if they're the least bit clever about it, they can find someone off their guard for a moment and do an ambush. That's generally what they do on every drive-by anyway. And they don't have to pick a specific target. They can wait for anyone of you stopped at a light. On a traffic stop where you're focused on the vehicle.

Watch your back out there.

Randy

series1811
11-04-2012, 08:05
I would say it would be a real concern for a week or two. Because that's about as long as the average punk thug can keep a consistent plan going.

x_out86
11-04-2012, 08:54
In our line of work, we cant afford to gamble on weather or not a threat is legitimate or not. Just like everything else related to officer safety, treat everybody like a bad guy so you dont mistakenly let your guard down.

Be pleasant and professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

lwt210
11-04-2012, 10:50
There is not enough of a deterrent for one of the younger members of the gang to not try it.

I consider it a very credible threat and would expect it to be attempted to an off duty cop at his/her residence.

In this day and age it is not that hard to find us.

That is what I worry about most: that nonsense coming to my family. We have always had safeguards in place but it would still be easy to carry out such a hit.

Legitimate concern.

Sharky7
11-04-2012, 11:16
Air strike at the next gang meeting. Problem solved. Boomshakalaka.

nursetim
11-04-2012, 12:13
Real. It should be open season on gang bangers.

lawman800
11-04-2012, 12:45
Even if the punk that made the threat forgot or wasn't serious, his homeys will egg him on and call him all sorts of names to provoke him and make him prove himself or else... he'll live with the, "You *****, you got punked by that cop, you a *****, mang!", for a long time and one night, after a few 40's (the beer, not the professional DEA gun), he'll just roll out and do something stupid.