Does a G26 make sense? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does a G26 make sense?

OrangePwr9
11-03-2012, 10:59
OK, looking for a 9mm for carry, preferably pocket or IWB. My current 9s are either too big, too heavy or both. They are a G19 (too big), a Kahr K9 (too heavy & slightly too big...but close), and a Browning HP (too big & too heavy). I like each of these and will keep them.

Pretty much convinced myself that a Kahr CW9, CM9 or PM9 would be the right choice, but keep being drawn back to the G26. A lot of people here love them and they've got a reputation for reliability and accuracy

Both my G19 and the K9 have been exceptionally reliable and the K9 is very accurate, but the smaller/polymer Kahrs seem to be hit or miss in the reliability dept.

Right now I pocket carry a J-frame Smith Airweight and take it with me more than I have any other firearm. It has spoiled me. However, a couple more rounds and more punch would be appreciated.

Have come close to buying a G26 a couple of times but am always put off by its bulkiness. I don't think it'll work in the role I have in mind. Don't want to buy another 9 I'll probably love but never carry. So, with this in mind, does a G26 make sense? Anyone gone to a 9mm polymer Kahr for carry, regretted it, and switched to the G26?

PaulMason
11-03-2012, 11:10
How do you plan on carring - pocket, inside waste band?

Unloaded - no mag - there is about a 3 oz weight difference - according to the Glock site between the 19 & 26

bklynpete
11-03-2012, 11:22
Go with the CM9, lighter, thinner and smaller then a G26. It's also easier to pocket carry. I carry one in the Summer and bought a CW45 for Winter carry. I had a G26, and traded it in on a G27 that I got under the GSSF program, but really don't plan on carrying that much, now that I have the CW45.

cowboy1964
11-03-2012, 11:28
G26 loaded is 26 oz. G19 loaded is 30 oz. PM9 loaded is around 20 or slightly less (can't recall). Size difference is huge too. The only reason I have the PM9 is for pocket carry.

CDW4ME
11-03-2012, 11:46
Glock 26 for IWB appendix carry or Smartcarry.
IMO it's too big for pocket.
IMO too small for strong side IWB - 19 better for that.

HenryinFlorida
11-03-2012, 12:12
The G26 gives you a lot of flexibility. With the factory magazine if hide for IWB carry really great. With a magazine from a G17 and a mag spacer you have a great home defense gun. Can't beat the capacity of the G17 magazine.

ak103k
11-03-2012, 12:28
Does a G26 make sense?
Absolutely, as a back up. Mine usually rides in an ankle holster.

If youre going to carry IWB, might as well be a 17.

windancr
11-03-2012, 13:20
G26 makes a great IWB carry. Not for everyone, depends on your likes and preferences.
For me it works great

alwaysshootin
11-03-2012, 13:33
OK, looking for a 9mm for carry, preferably pocket or IWB.

Pretty much convinced myself that a Kahr CW9, CM9 or PM9 would be the right choice.

Right now I pocket carry a J-frame Smith Airweight and take it with me more than I have any other firearm. It has spoiled me. However, a couple more rounds and more punch would be appreciated.

Have come close to buying a G26 a couple of times but am always put off by its bulkiness. I don't think it'll work in the role I have in mind.

You answered your own question. Get the Kahr CM9!

4 glocks
11-03-2012, 13:33
I have a G26, CM9, J frame, LCP. The G26 is large for pocket carry, it will work in a coat pocket or cargo shorts.

I realy like the G26 but when I need to pocket carry I use the LCP. Nothing beets the LCP for pocket carry. When it comes to firepower the G26 is hard to beat with G19 or G17 mags as backup. I ankle carry the G26 and that works.
I would recommend the G26 even if you find it to big for pocket carry it a great gun.

SCmasterblaster
11-03-2012, 13:37
OK, looking for a 9mm for carry, preferably pocket or IWB. My current 9s are either too big, too heavy or both. They are a G19 (too big), a Kahr K9 (too heavy & slightly too big...but close), and a Browning HP (too big & too heavy). I like each of these and will keep them.

Pretty much convinced myself that a Kahr CW9, CM9 or PM9 would be the right choice, but keep being drawn back to the G26. A lot of people here love them and they've got a reputation for reliability and accuracy

Both my G19 and the K9 have been exceptionally reliable and the K9 is very accurate, but the smaller/polymer Kahrs seem to be hit or miss in the reliability dept.

Have come close to buying a G26 a couple of times but am always put off by its bulkiness. I don't think it'll work in the role I have in mind. Don't want to buy another 9 I'll probably love but never carry. So, with this in mind, does a G26 make sense? Anyone gone to a 9mm polymer Kahr for carry, regretted it, and switched to the G26?

One day Glock will make a USA-made single-stack 9mm, There is the G36 single-stack .45 ACP. One day . . . .

Happypuppy
11-03-2012, 13:39
I carry either a 19 or 26. The airweight is the best pocket carry IMO and you won't find a better one. I think the reason other than the round cylinder it does not look like a gun in your pocket if it prints at all with Lightweight pants.

I carry the 26 appendix. It is far better than the 19 as the longer barrel is not as comfortable. Appendix I prefer the thicker grip of the double stack it makes drawing quicker I find vs any single stack I have tried

IWB 3-5 o'clock at him it is a toss up, both work well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mdpbowtech
11-03-2012, 13:40
I wouldnt buy a different carry gun if I was you. If you like the jframe and the way it carrys I would just stick with that. Do u really think you need the few extra rounds? Save your money and stick with what you have.

fastbolt
11-03-2012, 13:44
I've tried and used a number of smallish 9mm pistols over the years. Some suited my perceived needs better than others.

After having recently borrowed a Shield 9 for an afternoon, I rather suspect that once I pick up a Shield 9 in the next few months, my pair of G26's, 3913, CS9 & SW999c (think P99 AS Compact) will be spending a LOT more time in the safe.

I stopped favoring IWB holsters some years ago, so I can't offer any suggestions about that carry method. Suit yourself in that regard.

The G26 is a nicely sized smallish 9mm pistol. I simply found the Shield 9 to offer a nicely slim profile, both the slide & grip frame, which seems as though it will suit some of my carry methods a bit better than my existing smallish 9's. Handy.

BTW, I find the S&W J-frames to fit many of my perceived needs, too. I have 5 Airweights and a couple of steel-framed J's (older Bodyguard & a 3" M36). It's my pair of 642-1's & pair of M&P 340's (1 w/lock & 1 w/o)that see the majority of my daily carry use. Handy retirement CCW guns, but then I'm a long time revolver shooter who has worked to maintain my D/DAO trigger & reloading skills.

Lots of decent choices available. Suit yourself and then invest the necessary time to develop, master & then maintain your shooting skillset ... regardless of what you decide to use. ;)

M24C
11-03-2012, 14:14
In handguns the only thing I own is Glocks. So between the G17 and the G26 I can use the same magazines. I usually carry a spare so it is the G17 magazine. No guessing on what I have on. The same could be for you with the G19. I bought the G26 for pocket carry and I probably do about 25% of the time. I am not that big I weight 175 and I'm 5'8. I really don't have much trouble pocket carrying the G26. But for me it was largest capacity for the compact gun, consistency of trigger feel and magazine interchangeability.

The PM9 will be smaller, lighter and less capacity. I'm not saying that is a bad gun. That is what it is compared to the G26. But for me other than the lighter, for consistency of shooting and accepting G17 mags and higher capacity is why I bought the G26 over any other compact gun.

Ultimately you have to decide what is the best features you are looking for.

Good luck in your search.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

John Biltz
11-03-2012, 14:34
I carry a G26. For my money a G26 is the smallest gun I would care to have to fight with and the biggest I would care to carry all day every day. In the summer I carry with the standard 10 round magazine and a GAP floor plate with a T-shirt over it. In the winter I carry with the Glock factory +2 magazine. In my mind 11 to 13 rounds is plenty of capacity. It shoots like a bigger gun and carries like the small gun it is. Its pleasant to shoot and practice with, which is not something those smaller guns can claim.

If I was you I would keep what you have for pocket carry because its a good choice and get a G26 for IWB carry. If you try to do both with the same gun the physics just will not work out. If you are going to pocket carry something has to be compromised, size, capacity, or caliber. There is just no way to get around that.

Bruce M
11-03-2012, 14:36
I had spent a fair amount of time with a J frame as a backup and/or weekend gun (perhaps a decade.) I have never been a fan of pocket carry but will admit for a quick errand once or a hundred times a J frame ended up in my pocket. A couple of years ago I finally got a Glock 26 and it quickly became a weekend companion and has spent some time on my ankle during the work week. I continue to believe that the Glock 26 is about Glock's finest offering. That said, after a couple thousand rounds through it my Shield is in a position to take the position of the G26. It feels as if I have "known" it for much much longer. My only concern with it is that I do not think currently there are thousand of Shields out there that have tens of thousands of rounds through them over a decade without issues. On the other hand mine has a couple thousand rounds through it now with no problems.

If you are an absolute fan of pocket carry I would vote for keeping the J frame as in the front pocket for me it beats either pistol. Otherwise I would get a G26 or a Shield or as said here on GT get both.

PaulMason
11-03-2012, 15:45
I stopped favoring IWB holsters some years ago, so I can't offer any suggestions about that carry method. Suit yourself in that regard.

How do you carry?

barth
11-03-2012, 15:51
I have a G26, CM9, J frame, LCP. The G26 is large for pocket carry, it will work in a coat pocket or cargo shorts.

I realy like the G26 but when I need to pocket carry I use the LCP. Nothing beets the LCP for pocket carry. When it comes to firepower the G26 is hard to beat with G19 or G17 mags as backup. I ankle carry the G26 and that works.
I would recommend the G26 even if you find it to big for pocket carry it a great gun.

+1 to this.
You already have the J-Frame for deep cover dress slacks.
In large pockets the G26 will work.
Then on a belt you can add X-grips and G17/19 mags for capacity.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo44/d2/67/636b2cdfe86b__1342737868000.jpeg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=falsehttps://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo51/20/52/b9defda38c4d__1351714656000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=falsehttps://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo25/98/8b/08ecddc9b9ba__1340462567000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

byf43
11-03-2012, 16:00
The G26 is a fantastic carry pistol!!!

Don Hume 715 IWB or Don Hume "JIT Slide" OWB, or Bianchi "Remedy" OWB holster.

IF I were to go to something else for concealed carry, it would be a S&W "Shield" in either 9mm or .40 S&W IF I could find the .40.

I've also carried a S&W mdl 36 and a 60, as well as a Charter Arms "Undercover", and never felt under-gunned.

PaulMason
11-03-2012, 16:00
+1 to this.
You already have the J-Frame for deep cover dress slacks.
In large pockets the G26 will work.
Then on a belt you can add X-grips and G17/19 mags for capacity.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo25/98/8b/08ecddc9b9ba__1340462567000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

Nice set up on the 26

Is that a ported barrel? And do you find it helps?

fastbolt
11-03-2012, 16:02
How do you carry?

OWB & pocket holster.

IWB & shoulder holster carry are methods I generally stopped preferring some years ago.

RonS
11-03-2012, 16:02
I've carried my G26 in a cargo pant pocket for brief periods. It is like having a small dog in your pocket. I chose a Galco Combat Master OWB and an untucked denim shirt or fleece jacket. The cargo pocket is concealed in theory in that it is covered by fabric. If anyone in the area did not know I was carrying they were walking around texting without one of those camera apps that shows you where you are going on the screen.

I would still chose the same gun, the 10+1 with 12 backup is the deciding factor for me, too many old folks around here getting attacked by multiple thugs.

Sage46
11-03-2012, 16:12
It's really your preference. Mine the G26 strong side, IWB. Mag has +2 extension as does the 2 on the belt. On the ankle S&W Body Guard and extra mag. Range practice often @ 21' then backup to 45 and find the ammo you like. It's what you feel secure with

GlockRWH
11-03-2012, 16:26
Let's not forget that the G26 is a fantastically accurate pistol. It may be a little wider than the others, but it hits point of aim. May be one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot.

AR15 guy
11-03-2012, 16:45
Man I was carrying my g26 IWB with a MTAC holster and HATED it. I decided to try a Harwell ProTuck (crossbreed clone) and now I can EASILY carry my g19 at 3 oclock IWB. I love it, and I think I am going to get rid of my g26 to fund an IDPA gun.

LL6
11-03-2012, 16:47
I carry my G26 IWB 10+1. On the nightstand or at the range I use a G19 magazine.

To me the G26 is ideal. I think the G19 is irrelevant. :supergrin:

AR15 guy
11-03-2012, 16:48
I carry my G26 IWB 10+1. On the nightstand or at the range I use a G19 magazine.

To me the G26 is ideal. I think the G19 is irrelevant. :supergrin:

How dare you call a g19 irrelevant! Blasphemy!

poodleplumber
11-03-2012, 18:30
I'm another who carries a G26 IWB every day. Everyone has to choose the pistol that fits their own ideas of the proper balance between size, comfort, and concealment on one hand and capacity on the other. I made my choice; you get to make your own.

LL6
11-03-2012, 19:27
How dare you call a g19 irrelevant! Blasphemy!
En garde! :duel:

sharkbait22
11-03-2012, 20:03
If only Kahr would have a shorter reset I would have kept mine. I HATE that aspect of the gun but everything else I love. I don't understand how that reset could possibly be acceptable in a semiautomatic pistol. Does anyone else feel the same?

Sgt.K
11-03-2012, 20:25
I use the Remora 6ART when I IWB my G26. I've used the same holster to pocket carry while doing yard work. Wouldn't wear it out as it is exposed ever so slightly. I have a PM9 but it goes on my ankle or OWB, I've not had it in my pocket so I couldn't say.

chrisw670
11-04-2012, 04:54
If only Kahr would have a shorter reset I would have kept mine. I HATE that aspect of the gun but everything else I love. I don't understand how that reset could possibly be acceptable in a semiautomatic pistol. Does anyone else feel the same?

The reset is definately longer on the Kahr. I had a CM9 for a while. Great little pistol but I couldn't get use to the trigger. I found myself carrying my 26 the vast majority of the time due to the fact I shot it better and it had a higher magazine count. The Kahr was definately slimmer and lighter but the 26 really isn't much of a burden to carry.

HexHead
11-04-2012, 07:02
My 26 is my most versatile handgun, bar none. Just in the past couple of weeks, I've carried it in shoulder holster, IWB and pocket carry, in the front pocket of my jeans, which I do often.

rimshaker
11-04-2012, 07:35
Until Glock comes out with a single stack 9, im going after the new Shield 9....if i can frickin find one lol.

OrangePwr9
11-04-2012, 08:24

I never really noticed the Kahr's long reset. Maybe because I stumbled on it after a lot of double action revolver shooting.

Mostly the Kahr trigger seemed like a good DA revolver trigger; smooth with little or no stacking. I have noticed stacking with the G19, though.

tango44
11-04-2012, 09:40
G26 is my daily pocket carry here in sunny FL since 2005
8K rounds and still counting!
I'm 6. 1. and 200 pounds and no problems at all, go for it!

Simpleman71
11-04-2012, 10:06
I picked up a sheild (9mm) 2 weeks ago. Been carrying it ever since. It is IMO the best IWB pistol to carry. I will carry a lot but it will not completely replace my edc g23. BTW, I carry it in a cross breed supertuck holster.

gunsmoke92
11-04-2012, 10:38

I think you answered your own question right there. You already have something that works for carry, you're comfortable with, and is reliable as sunrise. Why would you seek something else, when you already are starting to list the down sides to each new option (maybe too bulky, is this one reliable enough, heard this one has some issues).

The 26 is a great little gun, but if your 19 is too bulky, you gain nothing but a shorter grip with the 26. It's not that much lighter, and carries fewer rounds than the 19.

As for anything else you've considered, if you're already asking about their reliability, are you really interested is buying a gun and enough ammo to prove to yourself that it's what you want, or not? If that doesn't work, which do you try next, ultimately doing it all over again? :crying:

And through this whole process, you are probably still carrying your J frame more often than anything else. If a few more rounds is your biggest concern, get a couple speed strips and drop them in your pocket. If you need more "punch", throw some Golddots in it and remember, two to the chest and one to the melon (not necessarily in that order).

There, now you don't have to worry about bulk, weight, reliability, magazines, springs, ejection problems, brass to the face, or does it fit my hand. Problem solved. :therapy:

gunsmoke92
11-04-2012, 10:57
Opps!

boone10
11-04-2012, 10:58
Love my Glocks and still and occasionally carry 1 of my 3 j-frames, but I have been wearing my Ruger LC9 for a year or so now and can't imagine a more comfortable IWB setup. I have no experience with the Shield--I assume its thin with corners rounded, etc. for comfortable, all day carry with 9mm punch.

GThirtyTwo
11-04-2012, 12:11
A g26 always makes sense.

2011glockarmorer
11-04-2012, 13:41
Kahr CW 9 has to be accepted as a D/A "revolver" trigger. It does preload the striker when a round is chambered but you have to do the work to make it go BANG. Very comfortable IWB at 4-5 o'clock ....... only .90 in thick.

My carry glock is a 19, appendix carry "Mexican style"(no holster). The 26 is too short for this. I used a Clip Draw on the 19 for awhile, but it was a nuisance.

I have a trigger cover attached by cord that releases when gun is drawn ( can't remember name of manufacturer ) or most times I just carry un-chambered. In the "2 to the body 1 to the head drill" up close and personal, my time difference between chambered and un-chambered is measured in 1/100th of a second. Got to practice that, a lot. carefully!!

MikeG36
11-04-2012, 13:55
I have an MTAC and hated it at first too. It took me a while to configure it best for me. , Once I did it became my go to IWB for my Sig 228. Very comfortable, great retention, great concealment.

MikeG36
11-04-2012, 14:03
Kahr CW 9 has to be accepted as a D/A "revolver" trigger. It does preload the striker when a round is chambered but you have to do the work to make it go BANG. Very comfortable IWB at 4-5 o'clock ....... only .90 in thick.

My carry glock is a 19, appendix carry "Mexican style"(no holster). The 26 is too short for this. I used a Clip Draw on the 19 for awhile, but it was a nuisance.

I have a trigger cover attached by cord that releases when gun is drawn ( can't remember name of manufacturer ) or most times I just carry un-chambered. In the "2 to the body 1 to the head drill" up close and personal, my time difference between chambered and un-chambered is measured in 1/100th of a second. Got to practice that, a lot. carefully!!

There was a guy doing this at Lowes Home Improvement near me. Shot himself in the nuts. Carrying a weapon goes with some degree of risk attached to it and adding more risk by unsafely carrying Mexican Style - No Holster - No Clip Draw is just stupid. I wish you luck and hope that you don't need it.

AtlantaR6
11-04-2012, 14:07
Keep reading just ONE more sentence....

SGT278ACR
11-04-2012, 14:29
The G26 gets a lot of love here and elsewhere, including from me. As far as making sense... it just comes down to personal preference. Makes good sense for me. I'm not too concerned about concealability. I've been in a wheelchair for 2 years, so I carry anywhere from a man purse to inside jacket pocket to an ankle holster. I don't worry too much if people see I'm carrying. Disabled folks tend to be easy targets. Having it out there in open carry is a deterrent. Didn't make the jump to Glocks until last year. With that said... love my G26! :cool:

bobandmikako
11-04-2012, 14:43
Let's not forget that the G26 is a fantastically accurate pistol. It may be a little wider than the others, but it hits point of aim. May be one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot.

Accuracy is why I still carry mine. My Sig P938 is accurate for a compact 9mm but I can shoot the 26 as well as most of my full-size 9s. The 26 holds a few more rounds than most compact 9s too.

TxGlock9
11-04-2012, 15:54
I would try to find a friend that owns one and try it out for a week...

Slug71
11-04-2012, 18:41
Hell yes. Love my 26!

ignantmike
11-04-2012, 18:58
try one first if possible.....i dont like them....g26....to small for me....

OrangePwr9
11-05-2012, 08:26
Having read all the posts, I've decided that the G26 makes sense for winter carry. In the pocket of a heavy winter coat it would almost disappear and yet be easily accessible. Heck, the G19 almost works in this role.

Since winter at this latitude is at least 5 months long, this is significant. IWB or pants pocket carry isn't too accessible under a few layers of heavy clothing, so another point in favor of a coat pocket G26. Plus, a heavily dressed assailant might require more firepower than the J-frame can muster.

Looks like the J-frame Smith has found a permanent home for pants pocket carry. Thanks to those who pointed out that the solution for that is already at hand.

ak103k
11-05-2012, 08:49
If you go with the 26, and dont like some of the other means of carry, you may want to look into one of these....

Galco Executive.
http://www.usgalco.com/Catalog/large/EXEC.jpg

Im not a fan of shoulder holsters, but I have three of these for a couple of different guns, including the 26. Its a very comfortable, versatile holster, that conceals better than most other shoulder holsters Ive ever used. There are no snaps or straps securing the gun, its held in by formed leather and a tension screw. You can reach it from under a sweatshirt, or through the front of a 1/4 zip sweat or fleece, or slightly open coat. The only downside to them is the same as with any other shoulder holster, you cant take the cover garment off.

This is one of mine with a P230 in it....

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d700b3127ccec27e6d82796200000010O00CYuWbdo5bsQe3nwk/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

OrangePwr9
11-05-2012, 09:31
AK103:
What keeps the holster from following the gun on the draw? Can you push it off the gun with your thumb?

ak103k
11-05-2012, 09:53
When adjusted properly, the gun just comes out with no difficulty. The shoulder strap keeps the holster in place as its drawn too. The holster moves forward slightly as you draw, but the gun pops smoothly loose with little effort.

It stays put under heavy exertion as well. I have yet to have a gun come "loose" with use, and Im an "active" person, I dont sit in a car or at a desk.

SevenSixtyTwo
11-05-2012, 10:22
I have a G26 in the pocket of my work uniform pants now. If the pants pockets are big, it's doable. In jeans it's too hard to draw. I carry it on my own time in a Galco concealable belt holster. I'm itching for a P938 at the moment for a little smaller size.

Meeteetse
11-05-2012, 17:26
For me the G26 was one of those guns that doesn't make sense for me. It was not right for IWB or OWB in the holsters I prefer. The shorter barrel just never seemed to balance correctly. As a pocket gun it is too big for me and as a home defense gun it wasn't big enough. Perhaps I'm odd. I think all pocket guns should have a holster of some type and the Glocks are no exception especially since I think the trigger should be covered at all times when chamber loaded. That is why I prefer a G19 for both inside and outside holster carry and it is the perfect size as a home defense gun. My wife thinks so too. If I want or need a pocket gun I use my S&W 442.

My son now has my G26 and he thinks it is perfect for everything. I guess that is why Glock makes so many choices.

burttrans
11-05-2012, 18:17
Kahr CM9 gets my vote and is the gun I carry the most. I do not have a G26 but that will be my next purchase the only Glock I have owned is a G19 and I love this gun but too big for me to carry. The Kahr has been 100% reliable with 500 rounds thru it the big secret I think is to rack the slide thousands of times before shooting. I did this and its been perfect. In the next month or two I am going to pickup a G26 hope to get a good deal on used one and then I can speak about it more but for now the CM9 in a Sticky Holster in the front pocket has been working well.

alwaysshootin
11-05-2012, 18:55
For me the G26 was one of those guns that doesn't make sense for me. It was not right for IWB or OWB in the holsters I prefer. The shorter barrel just never seemed to balance correctly. As a pocket gun it is too big for me and as a home defense gun it wasn't big enough. Perhaps I'm odd. I think all pocket guns should have a holster of some type and the Glocks are no exception especially since I think the trigger should be covered at all times when chamber loaded. That is why I prefer a G19 for both inside and outside holster carry and it is the perfect size as a home defense gun. My wife thinks so too. If I want or need a pocket gun I use my S&W 442.

This is exactly my feelings on the G26, had a 26 and a G19, at the same time. Would like to add the 19 pointed much more naturally for me also.

snowbird.40
11-05-2012, 19:06
It makes PERFECT sense.

I've had a PM9, a PF-9, several LCPs and P3ATs and I've arrived back where I started, with a G26, only this one is a Gen 4 and it's become my ONLY gun, by design. I have two favorite holsters: a Galco Second Amendment in horsehide which I wore to church yesterday with a tucked-in dress shirt, and a Glock sport/combat holster that I've heated up so it wraps around my favorite OWB position at about 3:30. I wear the Glock holster on occasions when I will be wearing it all day, driving a lot and wearing an untucked shirt or other bulky top cover.

As you said, it's more reliable than any other semi auto I've ever owned, more accurate than my ability to shoot and can accept all the larger Glock magazines for backup.

I couldn't be happier or feel safer.

Go for it.

glockman10mm
11-05-2012, 19:53
I can place 4 out of 6 rounds on a piece of notebook paper at 50 yards with my g26. It's the perfect combination of size, accuracy, and firepower you can get, IMO.

GotFour
11-06-2012, 07:57
The G-26 is great for hip or shoulder holster, console or glove box carry.....the PM9's great for pocket or anywhere you'd carry the 26 but want something smaller. My 26 is currently in the Chevy's console that momma is driving to work, the PM9 is in my pocket........the 17 is on the end table :thumbsup:

gbanker
11-07-2012, 00:41
+1 on g26 appendix carry. The gun disappears in my regular clothes, jeans and a T shirt. No worries about printing and I can still wear loose fitting pants that aren't hiked up and uncomfortable.

Before I got the 26 I worried about not being able to place my pinky on the grip and how that would effect my accuracy. Turns out I shoot my 26 better than my 19. It's hard to explain why but it just happens and it seems quite common.

I keep a 15 rounder in my front pocket and plan to keep a 17 rounder in the glove box. I don't feel under gunned at all.