I-96 Shooter "terrorizing" motorists [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I-96 Shooter "terrorizing" motorists

lndshark
11-03-2012, 13:41
Nothing recent, but we've been getting numerous tips about this fellow:

http://www.freep.com/article/20121103/NEWS05/311030141/Shooter-likely-knows-the-area-well-police-say?odyssey=nav|head

Lots of folks around here (lib-town Ann Arbor) complaining about being stopped and treated "badly" by police, namely State Troopers. Well, I find that hard to believe. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more professional agency in Michigan. Even when dealing with a hostile individual, the troops I know are always courteous...

http://www.annarbor.com/news/motorist-stopped-on-us-23-accuses-officer-of-mistreating-him/

Oh, waaaah.

Yes, the Ingham County Sheriff's name is Wrigglesworth :rofl: (no offense).

RMolina628
11-03-2012, 13:44
this whole situation is in my backyard and the first round of shootings are in the jurisdiction of the court I work for. The people in A squared are just doing what they do best, complain about stuff and do little about it.

CharlieDelta127
11-03-2012, 14:03
You'd be hard-pressed to find a more professional agency in Michigan. Even when dealing with a hostile individual, the troops I know are always courteous...

I second that. Any MSP Trooper I've ever dealt with is very professional, and courteous...

lndshark
11-03-2012, 14:57
Folks in the Deuce don't live in the real world anyway. I deal with them frequently (I don't work in A2 but it's close enough) and they are typically annoyed with me at best.

As for the shooter, he's got the attention of a lot of people. Some folks I work with live in Livingston County and they avoid 96/23...and they're armed.

Our fear now is of copycats...

steveksux
11-04-2012, 16:46
Some people think they shouldn't be inconvenienced by being stopped to check them out because "they're not guilty".

Not guilty of being very smart, apparently. Maybe they should register with the psychic hotline so the troopers can clear their plate without having to pull them over and check... :upeyes:

There were some interviews on TV with people who were pulled over, matched the description of the shooter, they were completely understanding about it, no problem with it at all. So there's some hope for society. They didn't appear to be from Ann Arbor.

Maybe its just me, but there's an air of superiority about Ann Arborites I've met. :dunno:
Randy

lndshark
11-04-2012, 17:22
Maybe its just me, but there's an air of superiority about Ann Arborites I've met. :dunno:
Randy

Well, it is 27 square miles surrounded by reality :rofl:

But I notice that too with the ones I come in contact with. I live in the neighboring township so I'm not exposed to "them" in my private life.

Would you believe that a new gun shop just opened up in Ann Arbor? Shock of shockers!

We've had a few CLEMIS messages come across pertaining to the shooter but nothing solid. Waiting to see what happens when the work week starts up again...

jph02
11-04-2012, 17:57
...Maybe its just me, but there's an air of superiority about Ann Arborites I've met. :dunno:
Randy
Uh, no. It's not just you. Maybe it has something to do with A2 being just left of CA... :faint:

wprebeck
11-04-2012, 18:01
Off topic - is there still a big white boy nicknamed "Tank" who works for Ann Arbor PD? He would have been there in 1996.

lndshark
11-04-2012, 18:19
Off topic - is there still a big white boy nicknamed "Tank" who works for Ann Arbor PD? He would have been there in 1996.

Yessir!

You know Tank? :supergrin:

lndshark
11-04-2012, 18:20
Uh, no. It's not just you. Maybe it has something to do with A2 being just left of CA... :faint:

Hey now! My mailing address is Ann Arbor. And I'm from California. Oh...never mind. :rofl:

oldgraywolf
11-04-2012, 19:07
Randy

It ain't just you....

wprebeck
11-04-2012, 23:57
Yessir!

You know Tank? :supergrin:

PM me....my wife and I met him back around Christmas of 1996. Long story, one that is funny now. He'd likely remember us, too, given the story. He isn't you, is he?

lndshark
11-05-2012, 05:33
PM me....my wife and I met him back around Christmas of 1996. Long story, one that is funny now. He'd likely remember us, too, given the story. He isn't you, is he?

Nope, I'm not Tank. I don't work for AAPD and Tank and I are physical opposites :rofl: I do work with Tank's former partner though, and he's got some great stories! PM sent.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine