4th Gen Trigger Mods [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Trigger Mods

FZR600KID
11-03-2012, 19:19
I am considering picking up a 4th Gen 22 for duty carry but I do not like the stock trigger of glocks. My 3rd gen 23c, bought many years ago had the stock connector replaced with the Glock 3.5lb connector for which I like. I have researched this and have found varying answers with one common being "leave it stock and sand it" most common.
My question is if I buy a 4th gen 22 would the 3rd gen connector bring it to a similar trigger as my 3rd gen, as I understand the trigger housing is different.

I am carrying this for my job so would like nothing to compromise reliability or crazy light.

JBP55
11-03-2012, 19:44
Using same connector the Gen 4 Glocks trigger pull is normally a few ounces heavier than a Gen 3 Glock.

KK40384
11-03-2012, 19:48
Just do a polish job and add a ghost 3.5# connector with a 6lb trigger spring. That's what I have in my duty G22 Gen 3 and it works great. Just my $0.02

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

FZR600KID
11-03-2012, 20:38
Using same connector the Gen 4 Glocks trigger pull is normally a few ounces heavier than a Gen 3 Glock.

Thanks, a few ounces will not be that big of a deal.

rkcohen
01-03-2013, 09:08
polished the internals on my gen4 21.

the difference as measured on my electronic lyman trigger pull scale was in fact only about 2.5 oz from "before to after."

the "feeling" however was a different world and that is the subjective part - i doubt that if you were in a life/death situation - any trigger job would be noticeable..

SARDG
01-03-2013, 11:21
The newer Gen4s come stock with a dot (.) connector, bringing them to roughly a stock Gen3, standard connector pull.

ETA: Therefore, a stock Gen3 connector would be worse.

I wouldn't be diddling with springs and aftermarket junk in a "duty carry" gun and uh... 'sanding' a trigger group is a little drastic. Perhaps polish?

DakotaGlockGuy
01-04-2013, 14:30
My question is if I buy a 4th gen 22 would the 3rd gen connector bring it to a similar trigger as my 3rd gen, as I understand the trigger housing is different.

In a word, no.

While the Gen 4 trigger housing is different due to the SF (Short Frame) design needed for the changeable backstraps, the issue is that the trigger bar is also at a different angle as well.

To get more of that Gen 3 feeling, you'll need to swap out your trigger with trigger bar for a Gen 3 one (The Gen 3's also don't have the hump on the vertical exension of the bar), as well as swapping out the connector.

Swap those 2 pieces out, and you'll be good to go!