Issues with Blazer Brass .40 ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Blazer Brass .40 ?

superdoc
11-04-2012, 08:54
I have a 3 year old glock 23, around 250 rounds through it, and a police trade in 27 (new recoil spring), with who knows how many through it, that both choke on Blazer Brass 180gr FMJ. The rounds dont even make it out of the magazine, as the slide "pins" them at a horizontal angle in the mag and jams. A hard rap on the back of the slide will not force it to go into battery. The jammed round doesnt even get a chance to go into battery . Racking the slide back and releasing it will load the jammed round normally.

The jam occurs about once a magazine, and just to be sure it wasnt the mags, I used the latest, brand new, Glock "1" 40 caliber magazines today. No limp wristers were involved in shooting.

Have NOT had a chance to try different ammo yet, but will soon.

Any one else see the same?

Globetruck
11-04-2012, 10:20
Never had issues with Blazer in my G23 gen 4 or G22 gen 3.

Polak
11-04-2012, 10:24
I shoot almost only Blazer Brass 180gr .40. NEVER have I had a problem with it.

JerryVO
11-04-2012, 10:25
Gen 3 G27 and feed it a mix of blazer and web and have never had a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

SJ 40
11-04-2012, 10:32
I have a 3 year old glock 23, around 250 rounds through it, and a police trade in 27 (new recoil spring), with who knows how many through it, that both choke on Blazer Brass 180gr FMJ. The rounds dont even make it out of the magazine, as the slide "pins" them at a horizontal angle in the mag and jams. A hard rap on the back of the slide will not force it to go into battery. The jammed round doesnt even get a chance to go into battery . Racking the slide back and releasing it will load the jammed round normally.

The jam occurs about once a magazine, and just to be sure it wasnt the mags, I used the latest, brand new, Glock "1" 40 caliber magazines today. No limp wristers were involved in shooting.

Have NOT had a chance to try different ammo yet, but will soon.

Any one else see the same?When you say the newest # 1 magazines,does it have the number one at the back bottom of the magazine tube?

What I suspect the problem maybe and I've experienced myself is the nubs in the magazine tube along with a #. 9 follower.

See post # 5 by Voyager.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399097

SJ 40

superdoc
11-04-2012, 10:53
I appreciate the quick replies. I think my issue is going to take some work, as it COULD be the nub issue (re- read that excellent post) however this failure to feed occurred originally with preban police trade in mags from 1993. That is when I bought some new mags ( figured on rehabbing the old mags with new springs/followers later) but I still had the same FTF.

The round makes it about 1/4 inch forward in the magazine then completely halts on the bottom of the feed ramp.

Will try different ammo, but with old and then new mags, 3 different shooters, and over 100 rounds fired to test if that was a fluke or a problem, I see a problem.

BTW I never had issues with Blazer Brass either, seems to be good /cheap quality ammo. My other Glocks do fine with it, was just amazed that the 27 and now the 23 both choked in the same way.

Thanks to the great community here at Glocktalk!

(after my problems with BTF earlier this year, I seem to be in "Glock troubleshoot" mode much more now a days, but still love them)

SJ 40
11-04-2012, 12:04
If your pre ban magazines have a problem feeding it ,then as you indicated look at another brand of ammunition and give that a try. I also agree that Blazer seem cleaner than some other brands and as a reloader their brass cases have good neck tension,which helps with bullet setback. SJ 40