I replaced trigger bar in my G19 - smooth trigger for a G17. Disappointed. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I replaced trigger bar in my G19 - smooth trigger for a G17. Disappointed.

Z71bill
11-04-2012, 09:15
I would most likely never even noticed the trigger serrations on my G19 trigger if it was not talked about on GT. It never bothered me at all - thought some folks obsessing over the little edges on the trigger were making something out of nothing. :crying:

Then I got a G21 with a smooth trigger. :cool:

After a few range trips - those SHARP JAGGED DAGGERS on the G19 trigger had to go. :rofl:

So I ordered a smooth trigger and a spring from Midway.

Got my new trigger & trigger spring late yesterday - got up this morning and decided I would "do the job".

Spring looked fine - but I figured why not start off with a new one - keep the old one as a spare.

Less than 10 minutes later (most of which was cleaning) job is done. :yawn:

I have not test fired it yet - but all seems good when I dry fire.

I was looking forward to spending a little quality time
"gunsmithing" my Glock - this job was too easy - and am a little bit disappointed that there was not more challenge. :upeyes:

I have had the gun about 5 years - never done more than a field strip - the area around the trigger had some crud built up - it needed to be cleaned - I think I may over oil a little. :embarassed:

SCC
11-04-2012, 09:30
time to do it over and remove all the oil !!!

curlysir
11-04-2012, 09:32
Get an HK, FN or SIG. That will cure your problem. You get to use a punch, hammer, and hope you can find all the little springs on the FN. Plus a 10 minute job it is not. The FN 5.7 is the worst.

I own all the above and recently changed out some parts on the FN and HK. Made me appreciate the simplicity of the Glock's.

Z71bill
11-04-2012, 09:36
time to do it over and remove all the oil !!!

Oil has been removed -

It was just an accumulation of 5 years worth of an extra drop here or there.

Since it is so easy to remove the trigger bar - I may start cleaning it every couple years.

jeanderson
11-04-2012, 09:41
I was looking forward to spending a little quality time
"gunsmithing" my Glock - this job was too easy - and am a little bit disappointed that there was not more challenge. :upeyes:

I hear you. Changed trigger bar and connector - took all of 10 minutes.

dhgeyer
11-04-2012, 11:09
Heck, if you want a challenge, get a CZ75 BD. You have to make dummy assembly pins, chase little springs that inevitably go flying, get about 1500 little pieces into about a cubic inch - loads of fun!

GThirtyTwo
11-04-2012, 12:11
Yes if you want a challenge a CZ is much harder to work on than a Glock, Sig's are a bit tricky but HK and FN are worse.

plouffedaddy
11-04-2012, 12:39
Replacing the hammer spring on a P64 or SIG P6 is a fun time too :wavey:

ignantmike
11-04-2012, 18:55
love how simple glocks are:wavey: