Long time Glocker purchased my first CZ [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Long time Glocker purchased my first CZ

BroncoAZ
11-04-2012, 14:03
I've been shooting primarily Glocks since I purchased my first G23 in 1998. I recently was looing for something different just out of curiosity. I looked at the HK P30L, S&W M&P, FN, etc. I ended up purchasing a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical in 9mm. The CZ feels great in the hand, and the model I got has the decocker instead of the safety. This was one of the few guns that pointed well for me, most have a different angle from Glock and I end up pointing them too high. I gave it a good cleaning, cycled the slide by hand about 200 times, then cleaned it again before taking it to the range. The first time out was yesterday, I ran 250 rounds through it without a hickup. I was impressed with the accuracy, I shot as well or slightly better than I do with my Glock 34. I liked the SA/DA setup, neither was too long or gritty like the reviews suggested. I did notice the extra weight of the all steel gun, but that translated to almost no recoil.

I am now interested in adding a CZ P-07 Duty to my collection. I'm not going to give up Glocks or anything silly, but I do want to train on multiple platforms.

czsuby
11-05-2012, 04:09
Congrats on your new CZ. You may want to try the phantom. It's a polymer SP-01.

Butcher
11-05-2012, 05:09
Want P-07 and P-09!

Keep scrolling....

countrygun
11-06-2012, 18:15
Glad to hear a "Glocker" give a CZ a fair trial.The majority of pure "Glockers" tend to freak over the DA pull of ANY da/sa gun.

Cycletroll
11-06-2012, 19:11
I own and carry plenty of Glocks but find CZ's to be excellent guns. I own a CZ75 Stainless Limited and it is a sweet shooter. Shoot it much better than the Glock but end up carrying a G19 because of the weight. Loaded G19 weighs the same as empty CZ.

BroncoAZ
11-06-2012, 20:56
I have no complaints about the DA pull on the CZ. Although I own over a dozen Glocks, I have a couple of S&W revolvers, a couple of Kahr's, and my dad always shot Sig.

After running another 150 rounds through my new 75 last night, I picked up another CZ. This one is a CZ P-07 Duty in 9mm. I was impressed with the design and feel of the pistol, and the Omega design SA/DA trigger felt very good. Unfortunately the parts to convert the safety to a decocker were not in the box when I got home, so I'll have a review of CZ's customer service (which I read is very good).

BroncoAZ
11-10-2012, 10:12
CZ customer service was very good. I sent them an e-mail about the missing decocker parts, they responded asking for my serial number, and my parts arrived today. I wish all companies had that kind of CS.

r3dot
11-10-2012, 11:35
A long time glocker bought your first CZ?

BroncoAZ
11-10-2012, 12:02
A long time glocker bought your first CZ?

Yes, I've shot mostly Glocks for the past 15 years, recently I have purchased two CZ pistols. Rereading the title, I need to add a comma so it reads "Long time Glocker, purchased my first CZ".

countrygun
11-10-2012, 19:54
Funny thing. My full sized 75 had the Omega trigger and I don't like it as well as the original in my 75c. Between the slightly flatter front strap and the Omega trigger it just doesn't "work" as well for me.

r3dot
11-11-2012, 07:51
Yes, I've shot mostly Glocks for the past 15 years, recently I have purchased two CZ pistols. Rereading the title, I need to add a comma so it reads "Long time Glocker, purchased my first CZ".

Just busting your balls. The cz is a fantastic pistol. Congrats on the buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.Reid
11-15-2012, 11:56
Won't be long until you are selling Glocks to buy better guns. I don't own any Glocks anymore.

righteoushoot
11-16-2012, 06:03
Won't be long until you are selling Glocks to buy better guns. I don't own any Glocks anymore.

:wow:

:rofl:

BroncoAZ
11-16-2012, 10:58

I might thin the herd of some .40 S&W models I don't shoot as much anymore in favor of more 9mm, but I doubt I'll be deglocking myself anytime soon.

nitesite10mm
11-20-2012, 22:56
Put some Cajun Gun Works parts into a 75B and you'll be amazed at the improved trigger. Much "crisper" with no cam-over.

I really like GLOCK pistols and own several. Really great sidearms. My 34 and 29 are favorites! My department issues me a Gen 3 G22 with a LaserMax guide rod in it and the department gives me all the .40S&W ammo I could possibly want including 180-gr HSTs. I could do the backstroke in all the 180-gr HSTs I have. Yet that G22 just sits at home nestled inside the box it came in and never gets carried.

I carry steel guns most of the time, including on occasion a matte stainless 75B.

I'm a fan of the CZ family of guns!

bac1023
12-09-2012, 02:56
Congrats on your new CZs.

They're great pistols.

Cambo
12-09-2012, 10:50

Exactly what happened to me. No regrets.

BroncoAZ
12-09-2012, 13:07
Exactly what happened to me. No regrets.

Yet you guys still post on glocktalk? :dunno:

USMCgs3
12-09-2012, 13:33

Nomads

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Cambo
12-09-2012, 16:32

It's still a good website with lots of info about other guns.

bac1023
12-09-2012, 16:37

I own and like Glocks, but there's a lot more to this site than Glocks.

jr05
12-09-2012, 18:20
Congrats on the new CZ, they are awesome guns. Sounds like it is a great fit for you.

I have had my eye on a Shadow model for quite a while, but just can't shoot a DA/SA well enough to make it worth it for me for IDPA/IPSC. I haven't found anything yet that is faster for me than the G34.

Bob Hafler
12-22-2012, 06:03
I just purchased my third Cz Wednesday. I originally went to the GS to buy ammo and look at the madness going on and came home with a PO-1. I took it to the range yesterday along with my only glock (G26). Now even though I'm not a big fan of glock pistols I do shoot it very well or at least as these old wyes will let me.:rofl:Those CZ's though are just so nice that I shoot them better then any other pistol I own.
I put another 30 flawless rounds through the 26 and 100+ flawless rounds through the PO-1. I just love the feel of all steel/alloy CZ pistols. I would not be suprised to hear one day that some of those Glocks were sold to buy a few more CZ's. It's been know to happen in the past. Congrats on buying a great pistol.

countrygun
12-23-2012, 14:58

Shocking that people own more than one brand isn't it?

You had better get busy, there are a whole lot of clubs here for other guns, you had better start questioning all of them.

I think I would stater with "Tactical Shotguns" since Glock doesn't make those and then move up to the 1911 folks.

TexasVine
12-23-2012, 17:15
Congrats.

BroncoAZ
12-23-2012, 17:33
Shocking that people own more than one brand isn't it?

You had better get busy, there are a whole lot of clubs here for other guns, you had better start questioning all of them.

I think I would stater with "Tactical Shotguns" since Glock doesn't make those and then move up to the 1911 folks.

I understand those who still have Glocks and other brands utilizing the site and the other forums, but frequently I run across people like b.reid and Cambo who claim they no longer own any Glocks but still post here.

Cambo
12-24-2012, 08:43
I understand those who still have Glocks and other brands utilizing the site and the other forums, but frequently I run across people like b.reid and Cambo who claim they no longer own any Glocks but still post here.

I don't own any Glocks. I had 6 - G17C, G17L, G19, G22, G24 and G34. I had vicious thumb pain in my right hand and I thought it was from my job. On a whim, I decided to exclusively shoot my CZs for a couple of months. My thumb pain went away(I was still working by the way). I went back to shooting my Glocks and the thumb pain returned. The reason? The frame was too wide and I had to force my right thumb into it to get a good grip. When recoil occurred, it would hammer into my thumb joint. It turns out, after posting about it on GT, I wasn't the only one to have that problem. My Glocks were great guns in many respects, never a jam between them. I won't shoot something though, that is uncomfortable or is injuring me. Does that clear it up for you? Or will you still assume I own Glocks because I am a member here. Next you'll go after Okie, who only owns 1911s.

caraker0341
12-30-2012, 22:34
You will probably be buying one or three more soon. Congrats. A CZ 75B with a manual safety is the most accurate and fun pistol I have ever had. Throw in a Kadet kit and the fun factor went through the roof.

BroncoAZ
12-30-2012, 22:36
You will probably be buying one or three more soon. Congrats. A CZ 75B with a manual safety is the most accurate and fun pistol I have ever had. Throw in a Kadet kit and the fun factor went through the roof.

I'll stick with the decocker models, I don't care for manual safeties. Their P-09 Duty looks very interesting, I will probably pick one up when they are available.

f&am
01-18-2013, 08:55
own a glock22 for carry & a cz shadow for competition, both great guns.

Glocktastic
02-24-2013, 19:49
I went from a G17 for daily carry to a CZ P-07 Duty in 9mm. It is a fabulous gun for the money, lock-stock reliable and accurate. I love the feel of this weapon.

I work in a dusty woodshop and carried my newly-purchased piece daily, allowing it to get dusted up and then took it to the range and ran it flawlessly. I feel very comfortable with this on my hip and with its reliability.

Congrats on your CZ puchases, albeit a bit late. i am keeping my G17, but the P-07 is my first choice for EDC.

BroncoAZ
02-24-2013, 20:06
I am still waiting for the release of the P-09 duty. With all of the silliness going on I don't know if they will arrive anytime soon. I did pick up a G20 Gen 4 though.

Butcher
02-24-2013, 23:03
I just bought the P-07 tactical (threaded barrel and higher sights to accommodate a suppressor). Excited to test her out and eventually get her suppressed.

Added to the family of SP-01 tactical, P-01, and 75B-SA/Kadet (threaded and suppressed by Gemtech)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

ca survivor
02-25-2013, 10:04
Congrats!

gbanker
02-26-2013, 08:41
Congrats!

Bought my CZ 75 SP 01 last year, 300 rounds through, the gun is a beast. If I didn't need the money for another project I wouldn't sell it but it will be probably be a friend's gain.

WayneJessie
03-09-2013, 10:54
The 75 platform is in many parts of the world what the 1911 platform is here in the USA. I've not owned a bad CZ product. Their rifles are scary accuate strait out of the box.