Glock 20sf defects? and cleaning? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 20sf defects? and cleaning?

Marshall_tx
11-04-2012, 15:24
I just got back from the range and cleaning my Glock, I noticed there were marks on the inside of the barrel that would not get cleaned off. I know Glocks can go to hell and back without needing any cleaning but is this corosion happening inside the barrel? Also, on the slide where the barrel protrudes from the front of the slide there are ridges in the slide :dunno:. Is this normal to happen? It's only on the top contact where the barrel sticks out from.

Thanks for any advice :supergrin:

rustypigeon
11-04-2012, 15:32
That looks like gilding metal in the barrel. Mine look like that when i don't scrub them enough with the brush. I would get a new brush with stiff bristles and see if it comes out. Don't use an old worn out brush.

Marshall_tx
11-04-2012, 15:51
That looks like gilding metal in the barrel. Mine look like that when i don't scrub them enough with the brush. I would get a new brush with stiff bristles and see if it comes out. Don't use an old worn out brush.

Thanks, what do you suggest brass or plastic?

rustypigeon
11-04-2012, 15:53
Thanks, what do you suggest brass or plastic?

Always use a bronze bore brush. The plastic brushes dont really do much.

seaswol
11-04-2012, 15:57

Maybe the FTF and BTF are with New Gen 3, New Gen 4s have finally come to haunt the 10mm frames :rofl::rofl:
Shoot the MTFK with decent ammo and be done with it. Tired of all the sissy whinings, Yes I own a G19 and G26 Both in Gen 4, with no problems. Along with a LWD 10mm LS, G17, G34, G32 ...etc. No I do not have these problems with my Taurus 1911:rofl::rofl: and it is my most accurate semi auto.
Chris

seaswol
11-04-2012, 16:11
[QUOTE=seaswol;19590901]Maybe the FTF and BTF are with New Gen 3, New Gen 4s have finally come to haunt the 10mm frames :rofl::rofl:
Shoot the MTFK with decent ammo and be done with it. Tired of all the sissy whinings, Yes I own a G19 and G26 Both in Gen 4, with no problems. Along with a LWD 10mm LS, G17, G34, G32 ...etc. No I do not have these problems with my Taurus 1911:rofl::rofl: and it is my most accurate semi auto.
Sorry,I tought this forum was open and ojectivity, my respnes has been blocked three times.
CX

seaswol
11-04-2012, 16:12
CS from pns

Arc Angel
11-04-2012, 16:15
Maybe the FTF and BTF are with New Gen 3, New Gen 4s have finally come to haunt the 10mm frames :rofl::rofl:

Sorry,I tought this forum was open and ojectivity, my respnes has been blocked three times.
CX

:upeyes: Gee, Why am I NOT surprised! (Sober up, man.) ;)

Arc Angel
11-04-2012, 16:22
I just got back from the range and cleaning my Glock, I noticed there were marks on the inside of the barrel that would not get cleaned off. I know Glocks can go to hell and back without needing any cleaning but is this corosion happening inside the barrel? Also, on the slide where the barrel protrudes from the front of the slide there are ridges in the slide :dunno:. Is this normal to happen? It's only on the top contact where the barrel sticks out from.

Thanks for any advice :supergrin:

Wow. You take fabulous pictures! Those are tough photos to produce; and you've got them clear as glass.

Rustypigeon has given you good advice. In addition to the phosphor-bronze brush, I'd suggest you use a cleaner like Break-Free CLP; and let it sit in the barrel overnight before you start brushing. (You can, also, use Flitz Metal Polish and start brushing immediately without waiting.)

I think your bore will clean up fine; as for the barrel bushing in the slide? I don't know; but you have mentioned that it's got, 'depth' to it. That groove shouldn't be there; but, if this is the case, it's really not going to adversely affect the pistol's performance.

Marshall_tx
11-04-2012, 18:58
Wow. You take fabulous pictures! Those are tough photos to produce; and you've got them clear as glass.

Rustypigeon has given you good advice. In addition to the phosphor-bronze brush, I'd suggest you use a cleaner like Break-Free CLP; and let it sit in the barrel overnight before you start brushing. (You can, also, use Flitz Metal Polish and start brushing immediately without waiting.)

I think your bore will clean up fine; as for the barrel bushing in the slide? I don't know; but you have mentioned that it's got, 'depth' to it. That groove shouldn't be there; but, if this is the case, it's really not going to adversely affect the pistol's performance.

Thank you, I'll do that tonight with some CLP and let it sit overnight.