Possible ejection problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Possible ejection problem

fendertele87
11-04-2012, 20:19
I have a glock 19 gen3 and it ejects pretty much straight back. I've had hits dead on in my glasses and a couple times in the forehead. Is this normal to go straight back like that or will that change once I've put more rounds through it? I've probably only out about 250 rounds through it.

RRP
11-04-2012, 20:25
You're not alone. We seem to have started similar threads (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1451256), nearly simultaneously.

Paul53
11-05-2012, 18:44
Do a search in GT. This is a common problem, many suggestions for fixes, depending on which number gizmo or the type of grommet you have. Or call Glock. Don't take this as rude. The information is there already.

Paul53
11-05-2012, 19:01
Sorry, had a phone call. The common abbreviation to search for is "BTF" which stands for brass to face. Lots of info on different extractors, ejectors, OEM and aftermarket parts.

Most seem to agree the problem is "tolerance stacking" along with a change in the way extractors are made. Also seems like lighter loads (115 gr for instance) are more prone to BTF.

If you are near a Glock armorer, they can make sure you have the most recent parts. Sounds like Glock finally has a fix if you want to send your weapon to them.

More expensive, but you might also try an Apex extractor if they have it for your piece.

http://www.apextactical.com/

Sum it up, depending on where you are, cheapest to most expensive, try 124gr ammo, find a Glock Armorer, send your gun to glock, replace parts yourself (start with Glocks newest extractor, then try Apex). Good luck, don't give up.

Arc Angel
11-05-2012, 23:13
Let me save you a call to Smyrna!

Are you sure - I mean really sure - that you're not limpwristing?

Try changing whatever ammunition you're using to something hotter and more jazzed up. (More expensive, too!) Your BTF problem should, probably, go away. :)

Comedian
11-05-2012, 23:25
Is Glock actually fixing this for people when they send their pistols in? Ive read complaints that some folks got their guns back from Glock and they still didnt work.

jtrudel31
11-05-2012, 23:43
I've sent mine twice to to glock . I don't get pegged in the forehead or eyes anymore but ejection/extraction is still rather feeble with the 115 gr junk. I still get an occasional 9:00 ejection and cases that land on my right forearm, but Mainly with 115 gr ammo as mentioned.

jetmech80
11-06-2012, 08:45
I had thread where I installed the latest ejector, and it fixed the b-t-f problem! good luck