CMMG .22lr conversion kits? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CMMG .22lr conversion kits?

Cole125
11-04-2012, 22:08
Fellows, I've been thinking about buying a CMMG .22 conversion kit to play around with and was would like opinions on the product. Those who have them, how do they work? Accuracy? reliability?

Worth buying or junk?

WoodenPlank
11-04-2012, 22:10
The ones I have used were accurate enough for range blasting, but nowhere near as accurate as a dedicated .22. I have also had a couple out-of-battery issues with them, usually when shooting rapid strings. Plus, the poor bore-to-bullet fit can potentially lead to additional barrel wear (this also hurts the accuracy).

raven11
11-04-2012, 22:26
I have one and like plank said its good if you want to save on ammo just don't expect one hole at 50yrds ,it sometimes jams on the cheap stuff but its a easy fix. The magazines are a pain to load after awhile

Cole125
11-05-2012, 21:15
Anyone else have one? I have also been looking at dedicated .22 lr uppers, anyone have one of those? If so what brand and how has it worked out for you?

JDennis
11-05-2012, 21:28
Don't waste your money on the cmmg one. They are decent but not "good". I would say nordic, but they are out of stock till christmas or later so buy the DPMS one. You will thank me later. They are also out of stock most places, but joe bobs has them in stock still. The DPMS one is incredibly accurate and awesome quality. The bolt assembly is like a 10/22 so a true .22 upper.

LA_357SIG
11-05-2012, 22:07
oops...

sugerwater
11-06-2012, 09:17
CMMG is a great company to deal with. Alot of hear-say bashing from the past. Buy the CMMG complete .22 upper. You won't be sorry.

SCSU74
11-06-2012, 10:30
Anyone else have one? I have also been looking at dedicated .22 lr uppers, anyone have one of those? If so what brand and how has it worked out for you?

Love mine, make sure to get the stainless version. I'm actually very surprised I haven't had a single issue with mine yet. I got a few extra mags from palmetto on sale so I have a total of 5. It is a pain to load the mags, but there is a mag loader cmmg sells. The mags hold open which is nice. I can't think of any complaints... Make sure to lube prior to shooting and you'll be good. Accuracy is decent, I have an aimpoint on my patrol rifle and it shoots a little low. Nothing crazy though.

www.crosscreekguns.com is where I got mine. He's a great guy to do business with.

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

NW-Warlord
11-06-2012, 11:37
I have the cheapo CMMG unit. It took a few hundred rounds to break in and get it to cycle reliably. I am probably 5K rounds in to it right now and it is performing great for me. It is obviously not as accurate as a dedicated upper. But good enough for pie plate accuracy at 150yds.

I find it to be a great tool to teach people to shoot. The AR is 'cool' and new shooters want to play with the 'cool' guns. This is a great way for them to learn the basics really cheaply.