How does one join? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How does one join?

nursetim
11-05-2012, 18:55
My great grandfather and my grandfather were both Masons, does that help? I've known a few Masons and have asked before. I do not remember them saying anything.

deputy tom
11-05-2012, 19:02
My great grandfather and my grandfather were both Masons, does that help? I've known a few Masons and have asked before. I do not remember them saying anything.

2B1ask1.

Find a Mason and ask them for a petittion. If you can't find a Mason contact the Grand Lodge of the state you belong in, http://nmmasons.org/. We got a member this way who became top officer within four years of joining. A great find for any Lodge. Good luck in your search. tom.

ETA click on that link in blue.^^^

nursetim
11-05-2012, 19:15
Thanks Tom.

Batesmotel
11-06-2012, 15:22
What Tom said. You must come to us. We will give all the help we can but it is our tradition to not recruit. This way no one is ever coerced.

deputy tom
11-06-2012, 15:31
Thanks Tom.

You are welcome Tim. tom.

What Tom said. You must come to us. We will give all the help we can but it is our tradition to not recruit. This way no one is ever coerced.

Correct. PA has changed the rules so we may ask someone to join. I abide by the old rules and don't recruit. Those who already belong will remember the reasons why. tom.

onebigelf
12-17-2012, 16:52
Search and Find. Thanks, guys.

John

jakebrake
12-17-2012, 16:57
Search and Find. Thanks, guys.

John

are we to assume you have taken the first step?

onebigelf
12-24-2012, 18:34
About to. I've been thinking about it lately. Dad joined and went as far as Blue Lodge, largely to make my grandfather happy. Grandpa was very active his entire adult life, first in New York and then moved to Daytona about 1950 and was heavily heavily active there for the rest of his life. Grandpa died in 1991 and Dad died last year. This is just for me. Turns out there's a lodge just down the road in Keystone Heights. I went by and wrote down the number from the sign earlier today. I'll give them a call after the holidays.

John

Metro566
12-26-2012, 23:58
About to. I've been thinking about it lately. Dad joined and went as far as Blue Lodge, largely to make my grandfather happy. Grandpa was very active his entire adult life, first in New York and then moved to Daytona about 1950 and was heavily heavily active there for the rest of his life. Grandpa died in 1991 and Dad died last year. This is just for me. Turns out there's a lodge just down the road in Keystone Heights. I went by and wrote down the number from the sign earlier today. I'll give them a call after the holidays.

John

Just so you know, a Mason can go no higher than a 3rd Degree Master Mason through Blue Lodge; all other degrees and fields of study are "Appendant bodies". A 32nd Degree Mason is not higher than a Master Mason, as a Master Mason is the highest one can attain.

My Great Grandfather, Grandfather, Great Uncle, and Dad are all Masons...I am 4th Generation (I've heard I'm more like 7th Generation but the other ones aren't traced).

If you are a "joiner" type, Masonry is perfect for you lol. We have everything you can shake a stick at to join and you can walk away easily spending a grand on lodge dues between all the crap you can be a part of.

Lowjiber
12-27-2012, 06:26
Turns out there's a lodge just down the road in Keystone Heights.
While I've lived all over the country, my Blue Lodge (Cabul #116) is in Green Cove Springs, Florida.

That may be closer to your home.

If you're really interested in a point-of-contact, send me a PM.

sixgun2
12-27-2012, 06:31
2B1-ASK1. Good morning, I would venture to say alot of good advise will come your way.
Good luck