Waiting is the hardest part [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Waiting is the hardest part

Walt_NC
11-06-2012, 08:58
I'm building a new AR. My current set-up is beat up and shot out. I will get around to swapping out worn components eventually but why waste an opportunity to start a new build?

I'm going in to this new build with the goal of creating a quality 'general purpose' rifle made to host a suppressor with minimal issues. I spent a few weeks finger-banging all of the latest components and consulting with friends. Today, I finally placed my various orders at 10:00 AM (after voting). I then cleaned off my work bench and made sure my action blocks, solvents, lubricants, wrenches and roll-pin starters were ready to go...which got me to 10:15. Waiting sucks.

mjkeat
11-06-2012, 09:14
The reason I don't posses any stamps.

cowboy1964
11-06-2012, 09:33
Or Milt Sparks holsters.

Gunnut 45/454
11-06-2012, 09:53
Then don't you have a waiting period (10 days ) when your reciever comes in!:faint:

Walt_NC
11-06-2012, 10:52
The reason I don't posses any stamps.

If you ever do decide to get stamped, avoid Surefire. I back-ordered one of their SOCOM 556 cans in September. The projected arrival date is June/July.

Then don't you have a waiting period (10 days ) when your reciever comes in!:faint:

?
There's no waiting period here. Regardless, I have a box of assorted receivers in the safe to choose from. Really, the only things I'm waiting on are the DD handguard and upper, Noveske barrel and the can.

---------------
The basics of my planned build, for those that are interested:

16" Noveske 'Recon' barrel w/pinned switchblock
Surefire 556 muzzle brake
Daniel Defense A4 upper and Lite 12" FSPM handguard
Bravo Company BCG and 'Mod 5' charging handle
Geissele 'Super Semi' trigger
Troy HK-style BUIS
Surefire X300 ultra

I havent decided on optics yet. Got it narrowed down to the Aimpoint T-1 micro, the M4S and the EOTech EXPS.

Thoughts? Feel free to **** talk or tell me where I went wrong.

WoodenPlank
11-06-2012, 17:32
Or Milt Sparks holsters.

:rofl:

This is why I use TT Gunleather.

If you ever do decide to get stamped, avoid Surefire. I back-ordered one of their SOCOM 556 cans in September. The projected arrival date is June/July.

?
There's no waiting period here. Regardless, I have a box of assorted receivers in the safe to choose from. Really, the only things I'm waiting on are the DD handguard and upper, Noveske barrel and the can.

---------------
The basics of my planned build, for those that are interested:

16" Noveske 'Recon' barrel w/pinned switchblock
Surefire 556 muzzle brake
Daniel Defense A4 upper and Lite 12" FSPM handguard
Bravo Company BCG and 'Mod 5' charging handle
Geissele 'Super Semi' trigger
Troy HK-style BUIS
Surefire X300 ultra

I havent decided on optics yet. Got it narrowed down to the Aimpoint T-1 micro, the M4S and the EOTech EXPS.

Thoughts? Feel free to **** talk or tell me where I went wrong.

Looks solid to me, just go with the T1 and call it good.