Buying A Glock Through A Internet Dealer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buying A Glock Through A Internet Dealer

NITE SITE 53
11-06-2012, 17:17
Made my decision to get a Glock 19 through a internet site. Prices seem really good but I have only bought once before through a seller on Gunbroker and that was years ago. Has anyone had dealings with the following and would you let me know the experience that you had with them:

Shooters Plus
Gunbuyer.com
Firearms For You
Centerfire
Grabagun

TheExplorer
11-06-2012, 17:21
The thing about buying guns on the net is the FFL paperwork fee charged by your local dealer. Many dealers now charge so much it defeats the purpose.

NITE SITE 53
11-06-2012, 17:33
The thing about buying guns on the net is the FFL paperwork fee charged by your local dealer. Many dealers now charge so much it defeats the purpose.

Thanks, Have some FFL holders that are listed close by. I will give them a call to see what they are charging. The cheapest online price I found was at $478.00 with free shipping.

TheExplorer
11-06-2012, 17:36
Thanks, Have some FFL holders that are listed close by. I will give them a call to see what they are charging. The cheapest online price I found was at $478.00 with free shipping.

In that case it might be cheaper to go your dealer. Mine charges $509 for G3 and $529 for G4. They have a $40 paperwork fee if you buy online. Plus your local dealer will usually install accessories for free if you buy from them.

poodleplumber
11-06-2012, 18:43
Definitely include the cost of the FFL transfer in the total price of buying online, but also include sales tax on the total price of buying local. For me, they even out on a $500 purchase.

Glock40man
11-06-2012, 18:52
My LGS charges $25 for a transfer, he is not as bad as some.

edellson
11-06-2012, 18:54
Just ordered a g19 from shooters plus. Fast easy transaction.

clarkz71
11-06-2012, 21:33
My LGS in south Florida quoted me $489 out the door
for a new G3 G23.

nraman
11-06-2012, 23:24
Made my decision to get a Glock 19 through a internet site. Prices seem really good but I have only bought once before through a seller on Gunbroker and that was years ago. Has anyone had dealings with the following and would you let me know the experience that you had with them:

Shooters Plus
Gunbuyer.com
Firearms For You
Centerfire
Grabagun

No experience with any of them, I bought one from Cheaper than Dirt and several from the Gunbroker, including a G26 a few days ago.
I use two FFLs, one charges me $10 the other $15.

Cowboy1629
11-06-2012, 23:41
I usually try to give my LGS my business first for easy to get items but for custom guns or harder to get items I buy on the internet. My LGS doesn't charge me for the paperwork since I always give him first shot at my business but I still tip him 10 bucks or so.

I know if you can get a good deal on the internet with free shipping even paying $25 FFL fee you can usually come out cheaper than buying locally and paying sales tax.

WarEagle 1
11-06-2012, 23:45
My LGS charges $25 for a transfer, he is not as bad as some.

Same here which is why I buy the majority of mine online.

SCmasterblaster
11-07-2012, 17:58
Best of luck to you!

burttrans
11-07-2012, 22:57
I want to buy a G26 which on line site would be best to try? Where have you guys found the best prices? I would like to get USA made if possible any ideas?

JDennis
11-08-2012, 08:06
Since buying guns online seems to have become popular, my local FFL only keeps a few in stock and will order what you want. She has mainly directed her business towards ammo and accessories since it is tough to compete with online retailers. She only charges 15 for transfers and has done very well with cheap transfer charges since many of us now are loyal to her for other things we need which are very competatively priced.

PVolk
11-08-2012, 09:20
In my experience, the FFL fee is cheaper than state sales tax when buying anything priced at $420 or more.

On my more recent Glock purchased, I saved exactly $98 by buying online, paying shipping, and paying my FFL as apposed to buying it locally. The only difference is waiting a week VS. instant gratification. But for almost a hundred bucks, I'll wait. :)

table
11-08-2012, 11:22
check around for pricing but for customer service i highly suggest Jet Guns for online purchase. i have ordered several guns from them.

mdlott
11-08-2012, 12:51
I just bought an AMD65 from Centerfire. It was priced well and shipped quickly. My FFL charges $40 for the transfer, but it was overall a smooth transaction. (For a sight unseen purchase)

kodiakpb
11-08-2012, 13:22
When buying online like GB:

Figure in CC fees (ie 3%)
Shipping
Insurance
Transfer Fees

If it comes out to a lot less then what it's available locally go for it.

PVolk
11-08-2012, 13:42
Figure in CC fees (ie 3%)
Or mail a money order to avoid the 3%.

kodiakpb
11-08-2012, 14:12

Yep you can do that

clawdaddy56
11-08-2012, 14:16
I'll go into a big box store to handle a gun, then save a bunch of $$ through purchasing online. If you look around on Gunbroker there are many who do not charge to use a CC and/or offer reasonable shipping. Some dealers on Gunbroker will also sell for cheaper if you contact them directly as they don't have to pay Gunbroker's fees.

BTW- went into my local Gander MTN the other day and they had a G26 for $699. It pains me to think someone might pay that because they don't know any better to shop online.

FrankZ
11-09-2012, 06:49

Or refuse the CC fees.

Most retail agreements with the CC companies do not allow (expressly forbid) the retailer to charge an extra fee.

Z71bill
11-09-2012, 07:25
I have only bought a few guns on line --

I always add up the cost - and in most cases I am only saving $20 or less -

If I am spending $500+ on a new gun - it is worth $20 extra to be able to buy it NOW VS waiting a week - and being able to examine the actual gun before I buy.

I did plan to buy one gun - called a local guy that does FFL transfers - he said No problem - he only charged $15.

I ask him about sales tax - he said he "HAD TO" charge it on the full purchase price.

IMHO this is WRONG - and most places don't try and charge sales tax (on the gun sale) on a transfer.

But you should ask the FFL before hand.

I would also check Gallery of Guns - they have some pretty good deals.

Darkangel1846
11-09-2012, 08:04
go to a small dealer, usually shipping is about $20.00 through USPS for dealers and expensive over night shipping UPS/FedEx forr private sellers. then the cost for running it through their books, cheapest around here is about $30.00 and max is about $60.00.

thesilverbullet
01-24-2013, 17:28
is typical for the online seller to charge ffl fees like glock dist.

Scrappy
01-24-2013, 17:36
In that case it might be cheaper to go your dealer. Mine charges $509 for G3 and $529 for G4. They have a $40 paperwork fee if you buy online. Plus your local dealer will usually install accessories for free if you buy from them.

Where in PA?

seattleborn
01-24-2013, 17:38
It seems alot cheaper to buy online. I can get a Gen4 G27 for $549 from a online retailer and only have to pay $25 at my local FFL. But if I wanted to buy that same gun at my local gun shop they want to charge me $725.

gregw
01-24-2013, 17:44
I have used Grabagun twice in the last 4 months. No problems either time except it took them about a week to ship the second time. I thought that was good considering the delays at some other places. I have a local guy that only charges $15 for a transfer so buying on the internet is usually better for me.

tnstaafl
01-24-2013, 18:10
I've bought guns online from

Buds Gun Shop
Summit Gun Broker
Aim Surplus
Centerfire Systems

I have ALWAYS found the online dealers less expensive than B&M stores.

All of these online sales were prompt, shipping was free (for guns), and I got exactly what I was expecting.

Pretty much everything I've purchased through Gunbroker auctions has been less than expected and shipping was slow.

I use a local Pawn Shop for my FFL - $10 a gun.

edellson
01-24-2013, 18:14
you should NOT have to pay sales tax for out of state online purchases