First time in my department's history [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First time in my department's history

Morris
11-06-2012, 19:52
The chief has an officer on OT standing next to the ballot drop box in our city. There is concern that the procrastinators will come after 2000 hours and try to make a scene when their ballots are not accepted at the drop box. First time we have assigned an officer to keep the peace in relationship to an election. At the last election, we had people coming to the PD expecting us to get their ballots in the mail . . . :shocked:

Unreal.

And telling.

Especially considering most folks have had mail in ballots for three weeks.

Will be an interesting evening. Glad I am off.

Badger54
11-07-2012, 02:52
Not sure where your at but I was driving by the King County elections office in Renton yesterday. They had election workers and a flashing street sign directing people to the ballot drop location. The only problem was all the signs where pointing in the opposite direction from the actual drop box and none of the volunteers seemed to notice.

Bruce M
11-07-2012, 08:18
At least your results have been reported to your state and your state has reported at least its national results...

GWSHARK
11-07-2012, 13:26
So were there any issues?

Morris
11-07-2012, 15:45
Not that I was aware of. The concern was people coming to the box after 8 and making a stink because they failed reading comprehension.

collim1
11-07-2012, 17:18
We had guys directing traffic at the polls, but none inside. The lines were really long, but moved surprisingly quick.

merlynusn
11-08-2012, 05:28
We had guys directing traffic at the polls, but none inside. The lines were really long, but moved surprisingly quick.

That's what I don't understand. How is the voter turnout less than it was in 2008, yet the lines were much much longer every day during early voting and all day on election day?